• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] The First Journey & Red's Journey West v.10

Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2022
    Hello, i was enjoying the game a lot but after the first credit scene when you finish Oak's main story the game crashes. It has crashed like 7 times always right after the credits end and theres nothing you can do to avoid it. im playing on a good quality pc.

heres a link on a screenshot from the error message
    https://ibb.co/gr63kzW

edit: i ran the game with the mobile version and got this crash message instead
    https://ibb.co/2tPC05g

Last edited:

AenaonDusky

DeliveryBoy
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2024
    Hello, i was enjoying the game a lot but after the first credit scene when you finish Oak's main story the game crashes. It has crashed like 7 times always right after the credits end and theres nothing you can do to avoid it. im playing on a good quality pc.

heres a link on a screenshot from the error message
    https://ibb.co/gr63kzW

edit: i ran the game with the mobile version and got this crash message instead
    https://ibb.co/2tPC05g

Hello, thanks for the bug report.
    I'd like you to tell me a few things.

1) Are you on 8.0 plus?
    2) Did you begin playing on 8.0 plus, or did you used to have a savefile from a (probably pre v3) version, and then continued from there?

In any case, you can use the provided savefile, which should get spawn you right after the credits have rolled!

Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2022
    Hello, thanks for the bug report.
    I'd like you to tell me a few things.

1) Are you on 8.0 plus?
    2) Did you begin playing on 8.0 plus, or did you used to have a savefile from a (probably pre v3) version, and then continued from there?

In any case, you can use the provided savefile, which should get spawn you right after the credits have rolled!

Hey, thanks for the reply!

1) Yes, im currently playing on v8.2
    2) I first started playing on this version (8.2) and started a new game.

I downloaded and patched the new savefile and Red's Journey is working fine so that is great news.
    Altough, wasn't there anymore to be done in Oak's story? i have the feeling there was still a lot to do after the credit scene?

Thanks for the help bro, keep it up!

Last edited:

AenaonDusky

DeliveryBoy
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2024
    Hey, thanks for the reply!

1) Yes, im currently playing on v8.2
    2) I first started playing on this version (8.2) and started a new game.

I downloaded and patched the new savefile and Red's Journey is working fine so that is great news.
    Altough, wasn't there anymore to be done in Oak's story? i have the feeling there was still a lot to do after the credit scene?

Thanks for the help bro, keep it up!

That's worrisome. I'll give it a look asap, thanks. Do you perhaps have a backup of your savefile?

Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2022
    Hello, the Charcoal guy in Azalea mentions you should visit Dragon's Den. ;)

Hey, by the time i got to the Dragon Den my farfetch was already level 100, does that mean i can't evolve him anymore? i have fought every mon you can encounter on the cave and nothing happened

AenaonDusky

DeliveryBoy
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2024
    Hey, by the time i got to the Dragon Den my farfetch was already level 100, does that mean i can't evolve him anymore? i have fought every mon you can encounter on the cave and nothing happened

Yes. I didn't really account for that since all level-up, non-final stage mons that reach lvl100 can't evolve anymore (so it's like a franchise standard). But I could look into adding an item that reduces your level by 1. In the meantime, you can send me your save and I'll edit your fetch's level, as soon as I can.

Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2022
    Yes. I didn't really account for that since all level-up, non-final stage mons that reach lvl100 can't evolve anymore (so it's like a franchise standard). But I could look into adding an item that reduces your level by 1. In the meantime, you can send me your save and I'll edit your fetch's level, as soon as I can.

I imagined it was like that so just went and looked for another fetch and level him up, already have my sir fetcher :D. Really appreciate your help and work bro, i did not have a backup from my old savefile but a friend is playing the game too and he didn't have any problem with the crashing

AenaonDusky

DeliveryBoy
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2024
    Version 9.0

This is a massive update that should take care of all crashing-related problems, with a quicksave button added, and a huge amount of bugfixes, dialogue and text optimizations, and balancing changes. Early Merry Christmas, everyone!

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2024
    super good game , crazy story but in 2h i have crushed 4 times in random things , like renaming a golbat i caught so i have to leave it

AenaonDusky

DeliveryBoy
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2024
    super good game , crazy story but in 2h i have crushed 4 times in random things , like renaming a golbat i caught so i have to leave it

The renaming and load options crash was an oversight, I just patched the game to 9.1. Did you get any other crashes aside from these two?

Version 9.1
    Fixed an oversight that caused the game to crash when nicknaming a mon, or when changing the options from the load menu.

Version 9.2
    Fixed Pipe Minigame crash.

Version 9.3
    Fixed Menu Options crash.

This should take care of all major problems. Let me know if there's anything else.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Last edited:

AenaonDusky

DeliveryBoy
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2024
    Version 9.4

With this version, the update cycle has come to an end. Everything major, or intermediate-level has been taken care of. Unless anything serious comes up, this will be the last update until an eventual v10, which will mark the end of TFJRJWs overall development. Thank you everyone for your help! Special thanks to Erun for the 9.3 run, and Zimbabwe for their reports on 9.0 to 9.3 crashes.

Changelog:
    Spoiler:

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    I'm playing the second part. I didn't finished yet, but I gonna advance a bugfix:

Some people will found some things like types not showing over (like the attached screen) because of an older version of MKXP-Z.

To solve it, in mkxp.json file, change

Code:
    // "subImageFix": false
    to
    Code:
     "subImageFix": true

And
    Code:
    // "enableBlitting": true,
    to
    Code:
     "enableBlitting": false,

You can set it by default, I talked to Roza in the past about this and, according to him, there is no drawback.

Attachments

• The First Journey & Red's Journey West v.10
      Bug type.png
      7.8 KB · Views: 2
    Last edited:

AenaonDusky

DeliveryBoy
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2024
    I'm playing the second part. I didn't finished yet, but I gonna advance a bugfix:

Some people will found some things like types not showing over (like the attached screen) because of an older version of MKXP-Z.

To solve it, in mkxp.json file, change

Code:
    // "subImageFix": false
    to
    Code:
     "subImageFix": true

And
    Code:
    // "enableBlitting": true,
    to
    Code:
     "enableBlitting": false,

You can set it by default, I talked to Roza in the past about this and, according to him, there is no drawback.

Thank you, I didn't even notice types not showing on MKXP 1.4.0!

AenaonDusky

DeliveryBoy
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2024
    Version 9.5

Improvements:

- a Masterball will be now given by Jasmine to help early game catching, instead of a Greatball
    - eviolite will now also function as an everstone
    - reduced number of required presses for the dishwashing minigame
    - reduced number of required dancing moves for the dancing minigame to 60
    - Your team will now be healed after most event battles, including Gym Leader battles
    - added a nurse to R47, Olivine Lighthouse, Mt. Mortar and Goldenrod Underground
    - added 4 more Eviolites to the overworld and caves

Bugfixes:

- fixed evolution BGM not stopping
    - fixed r44 bridge surf bug
    - fixed wrong respawn if RJW is loaded post-credits
    - fixed loud evo BGM
    - changed mkxp json file for better compatibility with some hardware

Version 9.6

Bugfixes:
    - fixed talking to John from a certain direction getting the player stuck

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2023
    This is my first fan game. I have never played them before. The concept is amazing. It's fresh and exciting to be able to play as Oak.

So I was thinking if it's possible to know the pokedex. I like to have an idea about what I want in my team.And if possible the ways to get the mons.

Thank you ☺️

AenaonDusky

DeliveryBoy
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2024
    This is my first fan game. I have never played them before. The concept is amazing. It's fresh and exciting to be able to play as Oak.

So I was thinking if it's possible to know the pokedex. I like to have an idea about what I want in my team.And if possible the ways to get the mons.

Thank you ☺️

Hi, thanks for your kind words.
    I haven't gotten around to making an easy-to-read list yet, but I will. Generally, you'll find what you'd expect in most routes like in gen 1 - the exception being that some mons aren't as rare yet. And all mons evolve by lvlup.
    You can catch mons conventionally - no weird events or other methods. That said, you will get to encounter Oak's original gen 1 beta team (the one you can battle against through a glitch) naturally over the course of the story, so make sure you have a couple of Pokeballs on you.

Back