• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Food Thread

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    Today I had spinach ravioli stuffed with a mixture of duck confit, figs, and roasted butternut squash; sautéed with oyster mushrooms; and topped with some shaved parmiagno reggiano. Yum :B

marcc5m

what
    Years
    I love spicy food. Curry, Fajitas, Chilli...I even eat pretty much everything with a bottle of hot sauce.

As for exotic foods...not sure I've ever tried any, although I would really love to.

lacella

monsters & macarons.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2012
    fireworks, you'd love indonesian food then. i had some last night (balinese and shalom sauce) and that was INTENSE. i mean i never thought i was too bad with eating hot food but this stuff was crazy!

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
    Miltank Rancher - Lumpiang Ubod? So THAT's what it was called... Here, it's fresh lumpia, lols. xD I prefer it fried tho. :)) Yeshh.. fried.

Today I went to Mcdo and ordered Chicken with Spaghetti. Not really the best Spag in the world out there, but hey. At least the dessert is nice. xP McFlurry, or what the people call it out there.. Cookies and Cream. But it's oreo. And is more milky than usual vanilla flavor. YUM.

Spoiler:

That above, I also like Halo halo. :3 Shaved ice with ube flavored ice cream, as well as gelatin, leche flan (crema.. err.. something. xD), sagu balls (those yellowish balls there. I swear they're delicious), and pandan gelatin.. I think. I don't know all the ingredients, but eh. :)) It's tasty~

The one next to it (right) is the fried lumpia I was talking about. :D

Halo-halo. O_O i love that too! cold and perfect for summer! *though it is not summer here* that lumpia will get better if it's dipped in vinegar. :bd

RedSox71

I am a pineapple
    Years
    Food is literally my favorite thing ever. I'm surprised I'm not morbidly obese and bedridden...I eat way too much. I can't even list my favorite foods because I don't even have one. I just love so many.

If you get the chance and are ever in NYC, go to Lombardi's Pizzeria. It's near Chinatown and is the oldest pizzeria in the country. Also it is the best in the country bar none. I had it for the first time yesterday and I need more.

Also if you live in PA or DE and you've never had Grotto Pizza then there's really no point in living here anymore.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    I can completely relate to this person above me lol. I love food so much and I eat almost all the time, even though it's tiny things, and it's all healthy so there's nothing wrong with it lol. I felt so much like corn today ;-;
    Spoiler:

LOVE IT

RedSox71

I am a pineapple
    Years
    Corn is probably the greatest vegetable (besides potatoes, of course). Corn on the cob is essentially my summer wrapped up in a husk...that comparison sounded really cool in my head but, whatever.

Potatoes are so heavenly that I'm not even going to start because I'll probably start crying because I don't have any currently. Someone else can continue.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Potatoes! NUUUU the only potato-kind thing I love are croquettes! I'm not really too fond of potatoes actually, as one of the few things. I love everything except like, 3 things. But that doesn't mean I won't eat it though.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
    Being Irish, I'm sure that I'm supposed to love potatoes.

...unfortunately the opposite is true. I find them so boring, tbh. Just some kinda yellow-white mushy thing with a brown skin? I don't see the attraction there, lol. ):

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Feb 1, 2016
    Potatoes are good. Their delicious and healthy. I love when I have potatoes and meat on my plate.

BTW guys, do you like lever cassarole. I love it. <3 It's one of my favourite food.

miltankRancher

Years
    What's lever casserole? I never hear of it?

anyway, since its christmas, what are you planning to cook or eat?

my family is planning to have pasta. Either alfredo. carbonara, or spaghetti. Yum.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    My family celebrated the feast of the seven fishes a few days early this year. On the menu...

Grilled octopus (not baby, sliced up tentacle of a full-grown one) risotto with some bone marrow, in a red wine sauce.

Super rich and yummy.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    Oh my God that sounds amazeballs! I want it nownownow! I love risotto; I love squid; I like red wine sauces. It sounds like heaven.

My mum and dad are preparing the Christmas dinner for tomorrow. Currently they're making a sherry trifle and chopping up vegetables. (Separately, though... this isn't the episode of Friends where Rachel messes up the English trifle by putting beef in it!)

Daydream

[b]Boo.[/b]
    Years
    Mr Cat Dog said:
    (Separately, though... this isn't the episode of Friends where Rachel messes up the English trifle by putting beef in it!)

"It tastes like feet!" I love that episode... And Friends in general.

I'm looking forward to stuffing myself tomorrow. Not only will I probably get sweets and chocolate as presents, but there's Christmas Dinner. I could just eat Turkey and Potato. Then desert. I'm quite easily pleased. Although I'll probably have some roast parsnips and make an attempt at like... Half a sprout. Even though I hate them.

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2016
    I like lobster! Everything that has lobster in it is automatically good to me.. Lobster Pizza, lobster soup, lobster on a pan, lobster in a salat.. Yes, I have a problem, because I can name many more ways to server a lobster.. xD

miltankRancher

Years
    When i was a child, i used to think of lobster as a scorpion. those poisonous animals. That's why i have never tried eating lobster. It is in the same family as crabs right? yucks.

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2016
    When i was a child, i used to think of lobster as a scorpion. those poisonous animals. That's why i have never tried eating lobster. It is in the same family as crabs right? yucks.

Lol, both of them are in the crustacean family, but crab meet and lobster meet is nothing a like.. xD

Know the roles you can find in like ramen:

The Food Thread

That's crab meet..

And this is lobster meet:

The Food Thread

Tastes nothing a like, if I had to compare lobster to some other sea creature I'd say a Shrimp, but lobster meet is way softer and much better. :)

I'd encourages you to try lobster meet just once, I bet you'll like it, even tho the lobster it self is ugly as hell... xD

miltankRancher

Years
    but it looks like a scorpion.

we NEARLY tried lobster a while ago, during lunch, but when we saw the price. OMAYFRIGGINARCEUS. 88 Singaporean Dollar/ kilo. it's so costly we immediately dismissed teh idea.

Back