• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Gen9 monkey’s paw thread!

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
  • Finally, here's a thread where we list down some things that we hope to see in the upcomming games… and then list a possibility on how they could backfire. So in other words, this is like those corrupt a wish forum games, except you come up with the whole thing! I'll start with an example:

Wish: For the Grass starter to not be Grass/Dark like the leaks I've heard and insted be Grass/Steel.

Outcome: So it was confirmed that the final evo for the cat is Grass/Steel… but a glitch in the game makes it weak to every single type, and all the resistances are now gone as a result.

Years
  • Alright, here's mine:

Wish: You can start the game at any place in the region, and can challenge gyms in any order with wild Pokemon and gym battles scaling to how many badges you have and/or your own Pokemon's levels (this is somewhat confirmed already, but the details are foggy from what I've read).

Outcome: The scaling sucks and most of the game is way too easy (most of every Pokemon game is way too easy anyways 😜 but Legends: Arceus definitely introduced a bit of challenge to some of the battles so I can at least hope for a slight difficulty bump in Gen IX).

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Wish: More animated models for Pokemon.

Outcome: Displays ten second animations for every appearance. Drags on for twenty seconds for every attack. Also makes loud sounds when idling. (Looks at you, Togetic. Fwip fwip fwip fwip fwip.)

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
  • Wish: The auto-battle feature that allows us to have our Pokémon battle wild Pokémon without having to select their moves.
    Outcome: Your Pokémon constantly spam status moves or resisted moves over and over due to bad AI and eventually lose the battle.

Years
  • Wish: The protagonists are more expressive and have dialogue options.
    Outcome: They end up with such a strong personality that they're hard to associate with, to the point where I no longer feel like I'm playing as myself.

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
    Years
  • Wish: The leak about a major character who might be a robot/android/AI is true, giving us our very first character of this nature in the franchise.

Outcome: The plotline leading to the reveal of this character is so convoluted that the character ends up being wasted much like the Ultra Recon Squad in US/UM.

I want more humanoid non-human Trainers, dang it!

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • Wish: The new games are to have a multi racial cast of humans and not just white and japanese people.

Outcome: Turns out this means the entirety of gen9 is now a Pokemon Dash remake. You did wish for the games to have a wide variety of races, correct?

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
    Years
  • Wish: The clothing options in this game are gender-neutral, just like in PLA.

Outcome: Most of the clothing options are boring, just like in PLA - or worse, they're just Team Star Grunt-like variations of the school uniform.

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2023
    Wish: I wish there was no more Battle Tower clone. Enough is enough!

Outcome: there is no Battle Tower clone... but there is not any kind of battle facility AT ALL!

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2023
    Wish: Hopeing the game will actally be a difficult one
    Outcome: It will be so difficult that the game will pretty much be unplayable unless you sweet like a mad man and have perfect evs/ivs/items before hitting the fist gym.

Years
  • Wish: Level scaling gym leaders and trainers, and the confirmation you can take on the gyms in any order.

Outcome: Gamefreak didn't add level scaling for trainers or gym leaders. The whole idea you can take on any gym will backfire such as not scaling their levels, etc.

Back