• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Generation Five Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esmas

General
Years
  • Isn't Absol a yin-yang Pokemon?
    Well it's stated that Absol's head is modeled after a yin-yang, but that's all, he's a Disaster Pokémon.

And I do agree that there needs to be more split evolutions, like Eevee or Gloom. As An-san Rebelleon had stated, it could be a two/three stage with the final as a choice. Do I want a Type-X/Type-A or do I want a Type-X/Type-B.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Fire and Water-type combination would be epic. Just sayin' :D
    You say that, but what kind of creature could possibly be both Fire-type AND Water-type? Even a made-up one?

BenEary

Little Rabbit
    Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2010
    You say that, but what kind of creature could possibly be both Fire-type AND Water-type? Even a made-up one?
    Steam/geyser pokemon? Like someone else said: Pistol Shrimp pokemon (ftw). Perhaps a pirate pokemon could have the water/fire typing....

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    What kind of imaginary creature can be both Steel and Flying type? The closest I could imagine are non living things, like Aeroplane. But then, Skarmory came along.
    The closest I can go to a Fire and Water type together is something like Steam... Or it could be a mystical Pokemon with mystical fire which can burn fine underwater without the elements disturbing each other.

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years

• I think I just became terrified of Pistol Shrimp. 0.o That thing has Psuedo legends written all over it. Ground, and SR weaknesses keeping it out of Uber. Well putting it into a pokemon context, since I doubt it'd get something super accurate which would be like 50/110/10/185/50/40 stats :P

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
    Years
  • I think I just became terrified of Pistol Shrimp. 0.o That thing has Psuedo legends written all over it. Ground, and SR weaknesses keeping it out of Uber. Well putting it into a pokemon context, since I doubt it'd get something super accurate which would be like 50/110/10/185/50/40 stats :P

ya..it would be pretty cool if they made a pokemon of it or atleast partially based on it...it would do fine in OU environment
    double resistant to steel,fire and ice = pwnage

Eirikir

Water Pokemon Veteran
    Years
  • You say that, but what kind of creature could possibly be both Fire-type AND Water-type? Even a made-up one?

A salamander. Salamanders are semi-aquatic animals, also they are amphibians, thats the Water part. In old myths and legends the magical salamander was a spirit of fire, so there is your Fire. An aquatic/mythical, Water/Fire Salamander pokemon. That's how I would do it.

demonmike

Missing-Nin
    Years
  • Sounds like scrubs complaining to pros again, is it that time of the month for you already? My ideas are better than yours, get over it.

1) There are too many OU dragons. 3 max more dragons.

2) 3D or bust.

3) Better online or double bust.

Oh wow, I cant hear your 'better' idea's over the loud contradictions and obnoxiousness.

Lets analyse the lucky three absolutely awful idea's in your post..

1) Game idea's based on competitive battling tiers. This is the main cancer killing fun in competitive battling. Pokemon tiers are created by fans, Game Freak does not develop new Pokemon playing fortune teller about which Pokemon its fanbase will find popular besides movie featured Pokemon. Just because the fanbase has taken a liking to dragon's, doesn't mean you should make less, its the opposite way round in business! Fail idea is illogical.

2) 3D is nothing more than an aesthetic change to the graphics. You do not need 3D graphics to make a good game. The top down view has been a classic Pokemon staple, and considering there is a programmable camera present in D/P/P/HG/SS, but not implemented for player use in the final product, suggests they wish to stay that way. Also, this bust you mention, are you suggesting that the next Pokemon, if its not 3D, it will not sell? Do you think its target demographic, kids in japan, compared to our age, are going to turn around and say "I dont want that Pokemon game, it is not 3D"? Very wrong.

3) Again with the bust statement. If, like it has been announced, Generation V comes out on original DS hardware, improving the online aspect is limited. What amuses me is, you don't even elaborate as to what 'better online' is, yet when some one expresses an opinion on your idea's, that person is wrong, and instantly cannot better your creative wisdom, where ever that may be. Also lol @ double bust, if it has no 3D, no 'better online', I still bet you will lap it on day one.

So yeah, over all, just to return the favour to the majority of the users you've been rude to here, your idea's are awful, "deal with it".

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    My Pistol Shrimp was robbed! :( Makes for the perfect Water/Fire type.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    My Pistol Shrimp was robbed! :( Makes for the perfect Water/Fire type.
    Who would want to rob a pet? I think the pistol shrimp idea is good :D I would like to see an evolution if they ever make the pokemon :) Though... I think it would look more like a corphfish or somthing :\

I know this has been disscussed before but... We NEED a leprecon pokemon!!!! Maybe it could be a little legend or somthing... or maybe a pokemon that likes to play pranks on people :D

Last edited:

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Lol, I totally meant that my Pistol Shrimp *idea was robbed from me... XD

Nintengod

Elite Battler & Contest Master
    Years
  • Oh wow, I cant hear your 'better' idea's over the loud contradictions and obnoxiousness.

Lets analyse the lucky three absolutely awful idea's in your post..

1) Game idea's based on competitive battling tiers. This is the main cancer killing fun in competitive battling. Pokemon tiers are created by fans, Game Freak does not develop new Pokemon playing fortune teller about which Pokemon its fanbase will find popular besides movie featured Pokemon. Just because the fanbase has taken a liking to dragon's, doesn't mean you should make less, its the opposite way round in business! Fail idea is illogical.

2) 3D is nothing more than an aesthetic change to the graphics. You do not need 3D graphics to make a good game. The top down view has been a classic Pokemon staple, and considering there is a programmable camera present in D/P/P/HG/SS, but not implemented for player use in the final product, suggests they wish to stay that way. Also, this bust you mention, are you suggesting that the next Pokemon, if its not 3D, it will not sell? Do you think its target demographic, kids in japan, compared to our age, are going to turn around and say "I dont want that Pokemon game, it is not 3D"? Very wrong.

3) Again with the bust statement. If, like it has been announced, Generation V comes out on original DS hardware, improving the online aspect is limited. What amuses me is, you don't even elaborate as to what 'better online' is, yet when some one expresses an opinion on your idea's, that person is wrong, and instantly cannot better your creative wisdom, where ever that may be. Also lol @ double bust, if it has no 3D, no 'better online', I still bet you will lap it on day one.

So yeah, over all, just to return the favour to the majority of the users you've been rude to here, your idea's are awful, "deal with it".

How does "shut up you troll" sound? Aren't you sick of 2 frame animation? It's boring as hell. The 3D console versions are dozens of times better. It's long overdue for 3D. A better online? You don't know what that is? I have to explain it to you? Did you eat paint chips as a child? Look at ANY xbox360 title. Nintendo keeps doing stupid bare bones online despite that it has been proven that they could do WAY better. As for dragons, they're supposed to be rare, not tripping all over them like in gen 3/4. Holy crap we went from 3+ to 1+ to 9+ to 6+. Don't go but ohhhh gamefreak dun carez about teh metagamez. They always make boosts for weaker pokemon every gen. Look at HG/SS, tons of weak pkmn recieved dragon dance or morning sun and even some support moves. Not one OU recieved a decent new egg move or tutor. They gave bugs a fighting chance this gen with u-turn/bug buzz. In gen 5 they'll probably make a super fast ice type for taking down garchomp.

get raped

edit: lol, you're a narutard of course you're just trolling xD

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 5, 2021
    How does "shut up you troll" sound? Aren't you sick of 2 frame animation? It's boring as hell. The 3D console versions are dozens of times better. It's long overdue for 3D. A better online? You don't know what that is? I have to explain it to you? Did you eat paint chips as a child? Look at ANY xbox360 title. Nintendo keeps doing stupid bare bones online despite that it has been proven that they could do WAY better. As for dragons, they're supposed to be rare, not tripping all over them like in gen 3/4. Holy crap we went from 3+ to 1+ to 9+ to 6+. Don't go but ohhhh gamefreak dun carez about teh metagamez. They always make boosts for weaker pokemon every gen. Look at HG/SS, tons of weak pkmn recieved dragon dance or morning sun and even some support moves. Not one OU recieved a decent new egg move or tutor. They gave bugs a fighting chance this gen with u-turn/bug buzz. In gen 5 they'll probably make a super fast ice type for taking down garchomp.

get raped

Yea seriously, was that really necessary? We're all sharing our ideas and some are pretty weird and some might not make sense but that give you the right to troll like that

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
  • How does "shut up you troll" sound? Aren't you sick of 2 frame animation? It's boring as hell. The 3D console versions are dozens of times better. It's long overdue for 3D. A better online? You don't know what that is? I have to explain it to you? Did you eat paint chips as a child? Look at ANY xbox360 title. Nintendo keeps doing stupid bare bones online despite that it has been proven that they could do WAY better. As for dragons, they're supposed to be rare, not tripping all over them like in gen 3/4. Holy crap we went from 3+ to 1+ to 9+ to 6+. Don't go but ohhhh gamefreak dun carez about teh metagamez. They always make boosts for weaker pokemon every gen. Look at HG/SS, tons of weak pkmn recieved dragon dance or morning sun and even some support moves. Not one OU recieved a decent new egg move or tutor. They gave bugs a fighting chance this gen with u-turn/bug buzz. In gen 5 they'll probably make a super fast ice type for taking down garchomp.

get raped

edit: lol, you're a narutard of course you're just trolling xD

I personally like the 2 frame animation. But you bring up something that I wish for in Generation 5. A console game that doesn't suck hard like the last 3 have.

The following is aimed at Nintengod, please read. I apologize for going off topic and will further this conversation in this thread no longer, but this I didn't want to write anywhere else.

Spoiler:

So I think if there's any Pokemon who needs an evolution it's Lanturn. Such an awesome Pokemon with so much potential, I hope they tap it and get it right. :) Anyone agree?

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Pistol shrimp, seahorse, steam/geyser, pirate, salamander, something that burns underwater. Right...

What part of a pistol shrimp is at all Fire? I really can't see it. It creates pressure shockwaves, which really isn't anything to do with fire.

We already have a seahorse Pokémon but then again we have several cat Pokémon too so I can't really argue species exclusivity. The thing is, though, a seahorse is a water creature. Breathing fire is like Octillery breathing fire - it's something it can do, but there's no need to go make a type out of it.

Steam/geyser sound interesting, but more abstract. And I would say they'd still be just Water Pokémon anyway, because steam is water. Temperature is really not as important a feature as the water is. (Most) Ice Pokémon aren't naturally frozen solid, yet some can learn Sheer Cold. And there are plenty of Pokémon that can learn Ice moves that aren't Ice types (Raticate can learn Blizzard, Mawile can know Icy Wind, etc.). Clearly Pokémon can manipulate temperature without needing a Fire or Ice type in there too.

Pirate. Dismissed out of hand. What even is this suggestion? Is it for the sake of wanting another Pokémon to use the Mantyke evolution method, but with Chatot instead of Remoraid?

Salamander, well, this comes from the other end. It can easily be a Fire type (Charmander?), but being a Water type as well is hard to imagine. It almost certainly wouldn't work well, I can say that much.

Burns underwater - vague, but possible. It's not an actual creature, though, so I have to dismiss this idea.

The thing is, Fire and Water are directly opposed. They're two of the classical elements, and do never go together. With Steel/Flying it's easy to imagine a metal bird (who says Steel types have to way tons?), even though they're supposedly opposite (Ground/Flying would be more opposite, but because Ground Pokémon aren't literally made of ground, just live in it, it's not unbelievable). But Fire/Water just don't belong together, it just doesn't work.

Yes, you can imagine and wish all you want, but if you throw a gram of sense in there it all falls apart. And contrary to popular belief, Pokémon types pretty much do make sense - there may be other types that fit better (a rock that wants to be a tree?), but at least you can see the sense behind it. With Fire/Water, though, you thought up that combination just because it's "wacky" and because you have an imagination, but you'll never be able to explain it away. That imagination is also responsible for lots of nonsense, such as the question "What's north of the North Pole?", so remember that just because you can dream it doesn't mean it's a good idea, nor even one that makes any sense.

I fully expect to be bombarded with complaints. I stand by my opinion, and no amount of "But Fire/Water Pokémon would be awesome!" posts can sway me.

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
    Years
  • Pistol shrimp, seahorse, steam/geyser, pirate, salamander, something that burns underwater. Right...

What part of a pistol shrimp is at all Fire? I really can't see it. It creates pressure shockwaves, which really isn't anything to do with fire.

PLzz watch the vdo i posted with sound....the shockwaves create bubbles which momentarily reach the temperature of the sun ....which ,i think, has alott to do with fire ...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back