• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Generation Five Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    And with imagination i could easily be interpreted as a fire type.

Years
  • Again with the bust statement. If, like it has been announced, Generation V comes out on original DS hardware, improving the online aspect is limited.
    This is completely wrong. GF was lazy; there's nothing to say in there defense. Other DS games have done way better with online capabilities.

Here's what I think should happen.

• The GTS was a huge disappointment. We should be able to scroll through a list of Pokemon and what's wanted. When you select a Pokemon you are then able to view it's summary screen.
    • Something similar to the Bug Catching Contest should be introduced, but with online as an added option.
    • Pokeathlon/Contests would appreciate online as well.
    • Random Online Battles. Before you start bawwing about how kiddies will reset, and the more serious player will dominate, why not add a ranking system? There could be 10 ranks. The better your record, the higher the rank. You would on battle players near your rank. For example, a rank 7 player would be facing players that are Rank 6-8. This way resetting kids would face resetting kids, while serious player face other serious players. They could even have a multi-battle option... :3

How does "shut up you troll" sound? Aren't you sick of 2 frame animation? It's boring as hell. The 3D console versions are dozens of times better. It's long overdue for 3D. A better online? You don't know what that is? I have to explain it to you? Did you eat paint chips as a child? Look at ANY xbox360 title. Nintendo keeps doing stupid bare bones online despite that it has been proven that they could do WAY better. As for dragons, they're supposed to be rare, not tripping all over them like in gen 3/4. Holy crap we went from 3+ to 1+ to 9+ to 6+. Don't go but ohhhh gamefreak dun carez about teh metagamez. They always make boosts for weaker pokemon every gen. Look at HG/SS, tons of weak pkmn recieved dragon dance or morning sun and even some support moves. Not one OU recieved a decent new egg move or tutor. They gave bugs a fighting chance this gen with u-turn/bug buzz. In gen 5 they'll probably make a super fast ice type for taking down garchomp.

get raped

edit: lol, you're a narutard of course you're just trolling xD
    As admirable as your debate-style is, I think you might want to tone it down, just to avoid a potential swing of the banhammer.

Not to minimod.
    :x

Last edited:

demonmike

Missing-Nin
    Years
  • How does 1)"shut up you troll" sound? Aren't you sick of 2 frame animation? 2)It's boring as hell. The 3D console versions are dozens of times better. It's long overdue for 3D. A better online? You don't know what that is? I have to explain it to you? Did you eat paint chips as a child? 3)Look at ANY xbox360 title. Nintendo keeps doing stupid bare bones online despite that it has been proven that they could do WAY better. As for dragons, they're supposed to be rare, not tripping all over them like in gen 3/4. Holy crap we went from 3+ to 1+ to 9+ to 6+.4) Don't go but ohhhh gamefreak dun carez about teh metagamez. They always make boosts for weaker pokemon every gen. Look at HG/SS, tons of weak pkmn recieved dragon dance or morning sun and even some support moves. Not one OU recieved a decent new egg move or tutor. They gave bugs a fighting chance this gen with u-turn/bug buzz. In gen 5 they'll probably make a super fast ice type for taking down garchomp.

5) get raped

edit: lol, 6) you're a narutard of course you're just trolling xD

1) Not trolling, just have an opinion. Pretty tired of your harassment around here, claiming yourself to be the all knowledgeable member, overlooking the fact, for example, Serene Grace does not need to possess Pokemon knowledge of a sage to be a mod.

2) I'm sorry, are we discussing a game here, or a feature length movie? In what sense does the visual influence the entertainment of a game? All I gotta say on that one, as there are plenty of people who still enjoy old fashion 2D games despite their out dated visuals, and the success of recent Mega Man games, totally proving you're claim completely wrong.

3) You aren't seriously comparing a title, with let me remind you, free online features, to a console that requires a subscription for multiplayer activities? Bravo, I'm pretty sure Nintendo could do alot of what you suggest with the money generated through a subscription, which goes onto the next piece of text I have bolded, you have suggested nothing. Bare bones blah blah, what more do you want? You've got your online battle feature, trading, that weird ass plaza in Platinum, mystery gift for downloads, voice chat with friends.. That seems pretty sufficient for a handheld game. Maybe if you took the time to read my previous statement fully, the main dig here is that you don't elaborate on what a better online is. In fact, in your response, you still didn't answer the question, forwarding me to Xbox live, without referring to what exactly you're specifying.

4) Must have taken my previous post out of context. I'm totally for the balancing of all types, Bug types were well overdue for some readjustment. The only decent point you've made is your defence for your basis that they should reduce the amount of dragon types, because after all, they are supposed to be rare mythical creatures, well done for you, the only thing you've done right in your post.

5) Absolutely brilliant, I laughed at this icing on the cake, totally inappropriate. I'd report such a post, but I'd rather it remain, preserved in all its comic genius, at how some one supposedly the same age as myself, would be so offended at a valid criticism, over the internet.

5) What's a personal interest of mine got to do with anything? Surely the fact I exhibit such fandom, regardless of other's prejudice, means I'm more open to others, resulting in my response to your absolutely vulgar attitude here.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
  • The Delibird is cool; the Farfetch'd thing isn't original enough.

I personally feel that Pokemon is getting old; new Pokemon doesn't add a "spark" to the game. They need to make a really pro console version of Pokemon (not a Colloseum thing, but a handheld on the Wii HD maybe) and an Online Pokemon MMORPG. I'd pay a monthly fee for a Pokemon MMORPG in all seriousness.

But since Nintendo is taking the 5th generation approach (blargh), let's just hope for better Pokemon than crap like Bidoof.

I noticed people talking about "God" Pokemon around page 101. I think it's silly they made "God" Pokemon. Maybe controller of elements, space, and time, but not a "Creator" like one states Arceus to be. That's going a bit far, Ninty.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    How does "shut up you troll" sound? Aren't you sick of 2 frame animation? It's boring as hell. The 3D console versions are dozens of times better. It's long overdue for 3D. A better online? You don't know what that is? I have to explain it to you? Did you eat paint chips as a child? Look at ANY xbox360 title. Nintendo keeps doing stupid bare bones online despite that it has been proven that they could do WAY better. As for dragons, they're supposed to be rare, not tripping all over them like in gen 3/4. Holy crap we went from 3+ to 1+ to 9+ to 6+. Don't go but ohhhh gamefreak dun carez about teh metagamez. They always make boosts for weaker pokemon every gen. Look at HG/SS, tons of weak pkmn recieved dragon dance or morning sun and even some support moves. Not one OU recieved a decent new egg move or tutor. They gave bugs a fighting chance this gen with u-turn/bug buzz. In gen 5 they'll probably make a super fast ice type for taking down garchomp.

get raped

edit: lol, you're a narutard of course you're just trolling xD

How does "shut up you troll" sound?
    Isn't that what you're doing right now?

Don't go but ohhhh gamefreak dun carez about teh metagamez. They always make boosts for weaker pokemon every gen. Look at HG/SS, tons of weak pkmn recieved dragon dance or morning sun and even some support moves. Not one OU recieved a decent new egg move or tutor. They gave bugs a fighting chance this gen with u-turn/bug buzz. In gen 5 they'll probably make a super fast ice type for taking down garchomp.
    Heh...
    Holy crap we went from 3+ to 1+ to 9+ to 6+.
    Well... Yes dragons are very, very rare... and they are in the game as well you know :\ Thats 14 dragon types out of 495 pokemon... "OMG DERS MORE DRAGONS IN DIS GAME DEN WATRE TPYES" ("sarcasm" dont be offended) plus not of those dragon types arnt very easy to find now are they? Exactly!
    Aren't you sick of 2 frame animation? It's boring as hell.
    Meh! A few years ago we had to deal with lifeless pokemon on the gba... Im overjoyed to have 2 frame animations...
    Look at ANY xbox360 title.
    Urg, this is what you call trollin right? Leave nintendo alone, im sure they know alot more about how to "make" games then you go :\ I think microsoft respect nintendo... look how well the nintendo wii has gone with 480p, now look at ps3 games... need I say more?

I RESPECT you nintendo ;) (im not talking to you here, random moment)

A better online? You don't know what that is? I have to explain it to you? Did you eat paint chips as a child? Look at ANY xbox360 title.
    ... 5 years ago we had to buy a flimming LINK CABLE to trade and battle people! Now with the ds we can trade and battle all over the work without a link cable... ever hear the wireless thats what it is...:\

despite that it has been proven that they could do WAY better
    Have you ever played mario kart? BEST ONLINE GAME EVARRRRR..... Oh... if you reply please don't mention call of cuty or somthing I hate those fanboys...
    The online stuff in dp is great :D If they want to update it they might in gen 5 :) No need to go all mental on nintendo about it... I know one member mentioned being able to veiw pokemons symmerys... thats great great idea... a nice little tweak not going too far...

Also... be careful about what words you use :\ Im sure you dont talk like that to your mother.
    (OMG I SOUND LIKE MY TEACHER NOW)

Why are you calling him a narutard? Your going way too far!!! He didn't call you a "flareontard" now did he... (sarcasm...)

Going back on topic...

Where do you guys think zoroark will be in the new games? Event? maybe egg? Discuss!

Last edited:

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
    Years
  • Where do you guys think zoroark will be in the new games? Event? maybe egg? Discuss!

Event = HELL NOOOO !!
    Egg = It's boring...and they already did it with lucario

But I'm having a feeling that the'll make him event only :disappoin
    Maybe they can add a post league side quest for obtaining it (like heatran but more interesting)..I'm curious about this one ..

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Maybe they can add a post league side quest for obtaining it (like heatran but more interesting)..I'm curious about this one ..
    Yeah that sounds like a good idea! Maybe an evil teams trying to catch it to use its transforming abilities or somthing and you gotta try and stop em! Or maybe you have to catch zorua to get zoroark (evolve)...

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
  • What if you could just catch it normally in the wild? :/
    Catch it and breed to bet the lil' one, or catch the lil' one to evolve it... As mr. above said...
    I'd actually prefer it not being legendary, or über, just a normal Pkmn. it fits like that, IMO. That's just me tho, and my voice doesn't make that much of a difference at all, now does it? But we shall not phear, Moar speculations pl0x :D

@Nintengod

Wow... just wow, I'm not even gonna go there.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
  • The Delibird is cool; the Farfetch'd thing isn't original enough.

But since Nintendo is taking the 5th generation approach (blargh), let's just hope for better Pokemon than crap like Bidoof.
    Farfetch'd just need a little improvment, evolution maybe? Delibird is unique, but I wish they would add a little more onto it, and Bidoof isnt crap D: pokemon have feelings too xDD

-sigh-
    umm okay about the Zorua/Zoroark "event discussion" I dont think it should be an event, but play a major role in the story. The egg theory bleh I dont feel like carring around an egg like that.

What about the evil teams leader have Zoroark? Or some mysterious trainer that you have to chase down has it and battles you with it?

The Red Chain

[jq]let's just hope for better Pokemon than crap like Bidoof.[/jq]
    Hey, that is one DANG good HM slave! D:

[jq]umm okay about the Zorua/Zoroark "event discussion" I dont think it should be an event, but play a major role in the story.

What about the evil teams leader have Zoroark? Or some mysterious trainer that you have to chase down has it and battles you with it?[/jq]
    Anyway. I agree that Zoroark shouldn't be an event Pokemon, nor Zoroa.
    The idea of it being on an evil team is kinda eh.. Zoroark seems so far to me like it'll have monstrous stats. >.<;
    Though that would add a challenge factor for once, it would make them a little too over-powered. That's like giving Team Rocket a Lugia.
    Then again, Zoroark could just be like another Lucario stat wise... so who knows.

I also highly disagree with evolving anymore old Pokemon.
    They should leave at least SOME unevolved. Sure, they become more useful, but they're no longer unique among the rest of the Pokemon.
    That makes me very sad face. >:

Years
  • I dont think Zoroa/Zoroark will be event/egg, however I dont believe you can just catch it in the wild. I think there will be some cool in-game event, that happens later on in the game. Have it wrecking havoc on a town, something like Red Gyrados, and then you gotta defeat it/catch it to stop it. Same old, same old, I know, but still a cool idea.

So, while browsing PC, I thought up an idea for what they can do for Gen 5. With most classic RPGs, you can pick different classes of characters. Maybe you could do that in the new games. Choose to be a normal trainer, a coordinator, a bad guy, etc. That way it would be like the same Pokemon games you remember, but with new aspects. You defeat Gym leaders, or you can compete in contests, or you can defeat good guys, and work your way up the evil team. Basically all the same, but all very different.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back