• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Generation Five Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

lx_theo

Game Developer
Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2013
    Yeah, actually.

It will be the first time ever that a Pokemon Generation will come out for the same Hand-Held system as the previous.

Red, Blue, Green, Yellow = Game Boy
    Gold, Silver, Crystal = Game Boy Color
    Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, FireRed, LeafGreen = Game Boy Advance
    Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold, SoulSilver = DS

I think its because Nintendo is milking the DS's success

demonmike

Missing-Nin
    Years
  • Yeah, actually.

It will be the first time ever that a Pokemon Generation will come out for the same Hand-Held system as the previous.

Red, Blue, Green, Yellow = Game Boy
    Gold, Silver, Crystal = Game Boy Color
    Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, FireRed, LeafGreen = Game Boy Advance
    Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold, SoulSilver = DS

Yet again, like many others, I'l repeat whats been echoed for this entire thread.

Red, Blue Green, Yellow, Gold, Silver = Gameboy
    Crystal = Gameboy colour.

Second generation was out on the original Gameboy, with additional benefits when played on superior hardware, with the third version Gameboy Colour exclusive. This may be the case with this generation, playable on NDS, possible extra's on 3DS.

It wont be the first time a new Generation of Pokemon has been released on the same system as another

lx_theo

Game Developer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2013
    Yet again, like many others, I'l repeat whats been echoed for this entire thread.

Red, Blue Green, Yellow, Gold, Silver = Gameboy
    Crystal = Gameboy colour.

Second generation was out on the original Gameboy, with additional benefits when played on superior hardware, with the third version Gameboy Colour exclusive. This may be the case with this generation, playable on NDS, possible extra's on 3DS.

It wont be the first time a new Generation of Pokemon has been released on the same system as another

These pictures says otherwise:

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2016
    Looking at some of these newer Pokemon (also including fourth generation), is it just me, or does the first 150 look very primitive? And "primitive" not meant in a negative way.

lx_theo

Game Developer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2013
    Looking at some of these newer Pokemon (also including fourth generation), is it just me, or does the first 150 look very primitive? And "primitive" not meant in a negative way.

Do you mean simpler? because if yes, then I agree. They lack the detail given to more modern one, but the originality and/or coolness of each one makes me love Gen 1 and 2 Pokemon (1 more than 2) the best. Then again, it could also be because of how old I was at the time...

Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2016
    Do you mean simpler? because if yes, then I agree. They lack the detail given to more modern one, but the originality and/or coolness of each one makes me love Gen 1 and 2 Pokemon (1 more than 2) the best. Then again, it could also be because of how old I was at the time...

lol, exactly. And probably not just because of our ages at the time; there are lots of sentimental values that tie in. <3

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
    Years
  • oh yeah i had it in my head but then forgot... BUT NOW I REMEMBER :D
    our character needs a FATHER
    it would be cool if YOUR FATHER stayed at home and YOUR MOTHER was a gym leader?
    either way i want a FATHER

Have you forgotten Norman? The father of the hero in Gen 3
    but switching the mums and dads roles, that would be a surprise.

Hamilton

*Creative Quote Goes Here*
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016

Have you forgotten Norman? The father of the hero in Gen 3
    but switching the mums and dads roles, that would be a surprise.

yeah i know, that's why i said the dad should stay at home and mom should be a leader

Yamikarasu

Wannabe Hasbeen
    Years
  • Gold and Silver were playable on the original Game Boy. If you played them on a Game Boy Color, then you got color graphics but the game itself was not different at all. Crystal, however, was only playable on a Game Boy Color. End of discussion.

The 3DS is going to be revealed soon so there is a very good chance that the 5th generation won't be on the DS after all.

Hamilton

Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    Gold and Silver were playable on the original Game Boy. If you played them on a Game Boy Color, then you got color graphics but the game itself was not different at all. Crystal, however, was only playable on a Game Boy Color. End of discussion.

The 3DS is going to be revealed soon so there is a very good chance that the 5th generation won't be on the DS after all.

uhh too bad it's already been announced as a DS game

Years
  • Was elsewhere and found a topic discussing the possibilty of

Giovanni as the Elite Four Champion.

Awesome idea. There are those who are fans of him. Wondering what the guy had been doing for years.

DXrobots

Just a passing through trainer
    Years
  • An idea I had if no ones mentioned it yet is have HM moves as natural abilities for pokemon. you shouldn't have to teach scyther cut he should be able to naturally cut down a tree, the same goes for surf and fly.

vibratingcat

new username, razzbat
    Years
  • An idea I had if no ones mentioned it yet is have HM moves as natural abilities for pokemon. you shouldn't have to teach scyther cut he should be able to naturally cut down a tree, the same goes for surf and fly.
    I like this and ur sig. XD
    it always annoyed me to have to teach my pokemon cut coz i would never use it in battle, and after awhile, the number of cuttable trees decrease.
    Mayb rather than replace the ability they already have, i reckon all the pokemon should have one HM already with them. Of course, minus the pokemon that can't learn HMs.
    Oh, and people who say that the gen 5 wont be on the 3ds coz its already been announced on the ds, games can be moved from a console to another console. It could also be that its a game that can be played on the DS, but can also be played on the 3ds for extra features or something. But we really can't say 4 sure which console it's going to be on, with the little evidence we have so far.

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
  • The 5th generation would most probably be on the 3DS for a number of reasons. the main one being that pokemon data on the 5th generation game wont be on the 4th generation and trading would become a problem so most likely it will come out on 3DS and it will have slots for HGSS and DPPt.

teng23

Nidoking Kicks buttox
    Years
    • HB
    • Seen Apr 5, 2010
    The 5th generation would most probably be on the 3DS for a number of reasons. the main one being that pokemon data on the 5th generation game wont be on the 4th generation and trading would become a problem so most likely it will come out on 3DS and it will have slots for HGSS and DPPt.

oh man... what i would give to see my charizard seemingly fly out of my ds screen... i really can't wait for both the 3ds and the 5th gen game... i wonder what color they'll use this time haha

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Okay, a long time ago I had a dream that the colors were red and yellow... and the versions were like Ketchup + Mustard or Sweet + Sour... I thought it was awesome in my dream but when I woke I had to assure myself it was not real XD Haha. Im really hoping for a yellow and green duo, being Amber (Bug type legendary!!! and Jade.

Hamilton

Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    The 5th generation would most probably be on the 3DS for a number of reasons. the main one being that pokemon data on the 5th generation game wont be on the 4th generation and trading would become a problem so most likely it will come out on 3DS and it will have slots for HGSS and DPPt.

uhh, once again, it's been announced as a DS game AND it comes out in japan this year- 3DS doesn't come out till next march i heard

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
  • Hamilton is right the first 2 5th gen games were announced for the DS the 3DS won't be here until next year while the 5th gen games will be here around September.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I'll laugh if it does end up being a 3DS game, but I doubt it. They just released a console and they are are going to milk the DS for what they can, but it could hurt the sales of the DS if it was not for it. I would have no reason to buy one until they release a Pokemon series on the 3DS...

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Well, im not quite sure it will be on the 3DS to be honest! They are going to be revealed next sunday so I doubt they will reveal a game for the a console that really hasn't been properly revealed XD And remember it might be ages before we might see a pokemon game on the 3DS because emerald was released quite a while after the DS was released and Diamond & pearl was released like... about a year or 2 after the DS's release (I think the DS lite was already released aswell XD)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back