• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Generation Five Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Yeah I completely understand that... i considered it actually but really I'm not buying a 3DS until there is a Pokemon title released for it.

Last edited:
    Years
  • i do hope that the first two are not 3ds as well.

just the thought of pokemon as a launch title for anything is intimidating.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    If the first two were on DS and the 3rd installment was for DS (like GSC) then it would be perfect. You would still have direct access to all games from gen to now.

demonmike

Missing-Nin
    Years
  • uhh, once again, it's been announced as a DS game AND it comes out in japan this year- 3DS doesn't come out till next march i heard

It was announced to on the DS handheld and considering it was announced before the 3DS, they may not have been ready to announce the new handheld before then. Its a very likely guess and probably going to be like the GBC era, Gold and Silver compatible with original gameboy, extra's for playing on new hardware.

3DS is estimated to be out in all territories by March 2011, which I believe the final region will get it in, Europe. And much like every other console, America and Japan will get it months way before EU and like the original DS and Wii release, will be in November this year.

Every thing is guess work at this point, don't bother repeating your opinions as if they are fact and presume they totally debunk some one elses point, as you don't seem to have thought over the announcements and how people are coming to the conclusion 5th Gen will be on 3DS.

These pictures says otherwise:

Spoiler:

Market towards and compatible for are complete different subjects. I bought both of these games on launch day, and they are for the Gameboy built closely on the engine for Pokemon Yellow.

With your logic, these pictures say otherwise:
    The Generation Five Speculation Thread

^ Pokemon Silver cartridge, notice the notch on the top right? The original gameboy cartridges have this because the original gameboy locks the game into place when you flick it on, and a plastic bit will cover that notch to prevent the cart coming out.

The Generation Five Speculation Thread

^Generic GB Colour cart, notch is gone, will not allow the original Gameboy to turn on. Even if tampered to remove the plastic bit, will display a message stating it is incompatible. Crystal also had a cartridge like this.

Last edited:

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
    Years
  • Some features I'd enjoy seeing:

-New Game+ Feature: Basically, after you've defeated the final opponent in the game, or after you've reached a certain point in-game (Let's say, for example, defeating Red in HG/SS) the credits will role and then a textbox will ask you if you'd like to begin New Game+, allowing you to keep all of your current Pokemon, but replay through the stroyline of the game with no badges. A lot of RPGs have this feature and I think it's pure genious. It'd allow the player to replay through the game an endless amount of times without reseting or trading over Pokemon that they'd like to raise. New Game+ would allow you to (possibly) choose the Starters you didn't during your previous playthrough.

-Seasons: This feature could be implemented on a system similar to Harvest Moon. You'd still have real-time functions, but the game would have a "calender" of sorts that'd go through the cycles of Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter over a course of say...20 "days". This would allow for optimum diversity of Pokemon on routes as well as very nice scenic routes (Who would'nt want to see a big city like Goldenrod draped in snow during the night? Or, a city like Ecruteak in the Fall?)

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
  • -New Game+ Feature: Basically, after you've defeated the final opponent in the game, or after you've reached a certain point in-game (Let's say, for example, defeating Red in HG/SS) the credits will role and then a textbox will ask you if you'd like to begin New Game+, allowing you to keep all of your current Pokemon, but replay through the stroyline of the game with no badges. A lot of RPGs have this feature and I think it's pure genious. It'd allow the player to replay through the game an endless amount of times without reseting or trading over Pokemon that they'd like to raise. New Game+ would allow you to (possibly) choose the Starters you didn't during your previous playthrough.
    Well istead of the same storyline (same region) why not do it for the previous regions? orr add a new region to it. (like how they did with johto and kanto in GSCHGSS) That may be a little too much, but hey its a pokemon game, extra stuff is good.

I would like to see some more weather effects, rainbows on routes would be nice, or on a crystal blue lake that shows your reflection. (i.e. its rainning on one route, you go to a route that is directly next to it and the rain stops and out comes a rainbow)
    Actually I would like that effect specificly for the Hoenn remakes (route 120 & 121) That wouldnt be so bad for the 5th gen region either. Hmm I think a Hurricane effects would do wonders for the remakes. Tornados would be awesome in a pokemon game.

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
    Years
  • Ya know, another thing I'd like, based on Marowak's Pokedex entry from Soul/Silver, Is to see the Marowak graveyard added in Gen V.

And I'd like the region to be shaped like the UK and Ireland.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I really want an Pokemon region based on Africa... or even Australia. And a Polar Bear Pokemon (Pure Ice and a massive Attack stat).

perfectmonster

Eggs Are Awesome!
    Years
  • Serebii have posted some important news on the release dates of the Gen V Games. The website didn't let me copy and paste so I had to type it out. It is exact! I checked 4 times :P This is real and not a sham.

Generation V Game Reveal Dated

As we know, the new games are said to be revealled in the next issue of CoroCoro, due out on the 15th of this month. However, the first details about the Pokemon Sunday episode airing on April 11th state that they're going to reveal the games in a "shock announcement" in the episode. Normally, we get CoroCoro leaks before or around the 11th so it'll be curious to see which releases the news first.

So there you go. I know a few people will believe that it's a load of crap, but I dont care.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Lol, we are aware... it's been there for 2 days now. Im just curious as to if they are going to simply state that there are games or tell us the names.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Serebii have posted some important news on the release dates of the Gen V Games. The website didn't let me copy and paste so I had to type it out. It is exact! I checked 4 times :P This is real and not a sham.

So there you go. I know a few people will believe that it's a load of crap, but I dont care.

Im pretty sure i already covered this a few days ago LOL Old news...

Anyway!

Do you guys think maybe the new games will come out with the pokewalker? or be compatable?

Last edited:

perfectmonster

Eggs Are Awesome!
    Years
  • I hope not. The Pokewalker wasn't a very good idea in my opinion. Maybe something else, like you can put them on the internet and do a neopets like thing with them. That is so childidsh! :D

demonmike

Missing-Nin
    Years
  • Im pretty sure i already covered this a few days ago LOL Old news...

Anyway!

Do you guys think maybe the new games will come out with the pokewalker? or be compatable?

I really hope so, I absolutely love this thing, a new version would be great that would fix the flaws with the current one (you know, the level up issue with learning moves and evolution?)

Hamilton

*Creative Quote Goes Here*
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    I hope not. The Pokewalker wasn't a very good idea in my opinion. Maybe something else, like you can put them on the internet and do a neopets like thing with them. That is so childidsh! :D

i'd actually like the return of the pokewalker- it's a fun way to train pokemon and get new poke's and items
    i would also like to see return of Partner Pokemon

.hack

skunkape
    Years
  • I was expecting Generation five to be a let down but Zorua and Zoroark look awesome. I know the bird pokemon evolutions on Pg1 are fake but they look great too.
    After five generations am I the only one still awaiting the day when the kangaskhan babies will be playable?

chillxd

メインモシ
    Years
  • I was expecting Generation five to be a let down but Zorua and Zoroark look awesome. I know the bird pokemon evolutions on Pg1 are fake but they look great too.
    After five generations am I the only one still awaiting the day when the kangaskhan babies will be playable?

Lol, that's like an awesome idea. Kangaskhan gets a baby form. ._.

Hamilton

*Creative Quote Goes Here*
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    I was expecting Generation five to be a let down but Zorua and Zoroark look awesome. I know the bird pokemon evolutions on Pg1 are fake but they look great too.

OMG ikr!? we need KANGASPUPS!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back