• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Generation Five Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • It doesn't necessarily have to be like the actual card game. I spent countless hours on minigames before, most notably Final Fantasy 8 in which I spent more time on the card game than the actual game. @_@ As much as I hate to say this, I do get bored of battling sometimes. It would just be a interesting feature. It's really never going to happen though. :s

I agree,battling does get boring. Mostly at places with endless trainers like the Battle Tower or just trying to grind experience or stat training.

vibratingcat

new username, razzbat
    Years
  • i knew that would happen

i dislike them now
    hahaha but they're awesome! they're the typical japanese who get over-excited about everything. and they're kinda funny.
    as for the screens shown... FINALLY!!! proper roads and tall buildlings!!!
    don't rly like the looks of the protagonists though....
    the town looks maaad!

vibratingcat

new username, razzbat
    Years
  • wat do people think of the electricity around the rocks?
    mayb more electric types in caves? mayb rock electric type pokemon!

lx_theo

Game Developer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2013
    With the new camera angles, you think they will let you rotate the camera now (From like North, East, West, and South angles)? The buildings seem tall and That would probably help navigation in general.

Years
  • With the new camera angles, you think they will let you rotate the camera now (From like North, East, West, and South angles)? The buildings seem tall and That would probably help navigation in general.

That might happen,just in case there are blocking buildings or such. Things that block are most likely going to happen in these new games.. I'd like to see the transition though. Hopefully it won't be an automatic angle switch,hypothetically speaking. o:

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    Well from the screens show I'll not be moving from HG/SS to B/W it looks terrible in 3D IMO, 3D was somthing I once wanted but now it's ruined Gen5 for me.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Well from the screens show I'll not be moving from HG/SS to B/W it looks terrible in 3D IMO, 3D was somthing I once wanted but now it's ruined Gen5 for me.
    I feel the same way about follow around Pokémon after Pokémon Yellow, unfortunately. :(

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jun 7, 2015

I kind of agree...Whilst I do think it looks awesome, part of me thinks it looks messy. I was really hoping they'd wait like one more year or so to get it on the 3DS so we could have better visuals and have the games feel more like a new generation; currently I just feel it's an add-on to Gen IV. The DS can handle 3D, but more often than not it's pretty bad, especially when you mix sprites in.

Still can't wait for the games mind you; really excited. Just my two cents.

Hamilton

*Creative Quote Goes Here*
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    i think it looks great- would you rather them keep going with the same thing they've done since D/P? that'd be stupid- new gen, new graphics
    OH also a was reading a translation and it said that there would be a new mode of transportation- what do you think?

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    i think it looks great- would you rather them keep going with the same thing they've done since D/P? that'd be stupid- new gen, new graphics
    OH also a was reading a translation and it said that there would be a new mode of transportation- what do you think?
    I agree. There's no where else to go but up in the direction they're taking graphics. And since each generation introduced an advance in graphics, I think the only thing left to do is to make it more 3D than it is in Generation IV.

I heard that mode of transportation could be cars. And I certainly hope that's not the case.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back