• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Generation Five Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    For some reason, I want to name the Grass starter GangGreen when I get him...

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    For some reason, I want to name the Grass starter GangGreen when I get him...

imma call him Snakey :3
    and my fiancee is callin her pig Bacon lol
    i wonder what to call the otter.........
    this might take awhile im horrible with names -_-"

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    imma call him Snakey :3
    and my fiancee is callin her pig Bacon lol
    i wonder what to call the otter.........
    this might take awhile im horrible with names -_-"

I'll get the clown to complete the circle...I shall call it Gayclown...its fitting

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    i was thinkin somethin a lil cuter lol

maybe aquapulse :P

Kendall

Fool of a Took
    Years
    Well I have to say I'm very impressed so far. The starters could be better, I am liking the grass and fire ones. It is interesting to note that the scans show sinnoh, johto, and kanto in that they are far away from these regions. But hoenn is not shown. Could it be that you can travel to hoenn after the isshu region? there were many hints in platinum/hg/ss towards emerald and hoenn. It also seems that they will have a lot more different ways to travel (plane, car). The city is humongous and it looks like there'll be a lot more to explore.

Also, I am so glad they have made the protagonists older. The chick is hot, only thing I'd change about her is to make her hair black. The the guy is pretty badass. Even looks a bit like Red. Could they be related? Also, if the protagonists are older, maybe in the anime they will fast forward to when Ash is older too.

They'd just better keep with letting you have your pokemon follow you. And keep the pokeathelon. Can't wait to see more, I'm almost more exited about this than with hg/ss!

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    Btw how do you guys pronounce the regions? I pronounce Kanto as (Kan-Tu) my friend says (Cant-Oh)?

Kanto (Kan-Tu)
    Johto (Joh-Tu)
    Hoenn (Surprise Gay Butt Secks Hoe-In) LOL
    Sinnoh (Shin-Oh)
    Isshu (Bless You Is-Hue)

Kanto- (Can-toe)
    Johto- (Jo-toe)
    Hoenn-(Ho-en)
    Sinnoh-(Sin-o)
    Isshu- (Issue) xDD

I got my Japanese exchange student to do some direct translations and apparently it says that the Isshu region is far away from Johto and Kanto (and presumably Sinnoh but NOT Hoenn!!! =D)

Also that it says something like, "how will you get there!? By boat or by plain!?" Interesting...
    Interesting, Im just glad that we get to visit hoenn, not sure when, or how, but someway we're getting to hoenn xD

the water starter is ugly. the plant one is dumb so i guess the grass one is the best. even though its weird
    woah bashing on the starters this early? I like all of them actually, the grass one is my favorite. I hope it gets dragon as its 2nd type

DarkJ

HOUNDOOM FTW! :D
    Years
    Kanto- (Can-toe)
    Johto- (Jo-toe)
    Hoenn-(Ho-en)
    Sinnoh-(Sin-o)
    Isshu- (Issue) xDD

Interesting, Im just glad that we get to visit hoenn, not sure when, or how, but someway we're getting to hoenn xD

woah bashing on the starters this early? I like all of them actually, the grass one is my favorite. I hope it gets dragon as its 2nd type

Nowhere does it say anything about being able to get to Hoenn...
    Well, not anywhere I've read anyway.

EDIT: This wasn't meant to sound nasty/pessimistic! I get that it kinda does.
    It's annoying that people keep stating things like they KNOW it's gonna happen. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to visit Hoenn, just don't get your hopes up!
    I doubt that they'll bring any previous regions in as they are trying to give the series a reboot.

Last edited:

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    Nowhere does it say anything about being able to get to Hoenn...
    Well, not anywhere I've read anyway.

EDIT: This wasn't meant to sound nasty/pessimistic! I get that it kinda does. But peope keep stating things like they're facts. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to visit Hoenn, just don't get your hopes up!
    I doubt that they'll bring any previous regions in as they are trying to give the series a reboot.
    Oh I wasnt expect to revist hoenn in Black and White, I was saying that for the remakes xP sorry if I had you confused. I would be happy and furious at the same time if they put hoenn in Black and White.

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
    Years
    oh crap !!....came back from school to see so much new stuff...it's awesome so far...i hope it remains the same
    the hiun city look so good...and i'm liking the girl even more now !!..she looks so EPIC !

Anyone noticed that your lead Pokemon doesn't seem to follow you any more? ><

I still believe that's just to hide the new pokemons for now....they may add a pic with starter/zorua/zoroark following you in the next reveal

Last edited:

JezzaRules

Charmander Lover
    Years
    I'm speculating there's a fair bit of evos from previous gen pokemon like in gen IV.
    Pokemon that have the potential to evolve (ones underlined have a higher potential):
    Pinsir (given that it doesnt have a preevo)
    Jynx
    Mr. Mime
    Heracross (given that it doesnt have a preevo)
    Dunsparce
    Qwilfish
    Corsola
    Delibird
    Stantler
    Donphan
    Delcatty
    Spinda
    Altaria
    Banette
    Pachirisu
    Chatot

Pokemon that have the potential to have a preevolution:
    Pinsir (given that it doesnt have an evo)
    Heracross (given that it doesnt have an evo)
    Kangaskan
    Tauros (possibly having the same preevo as miltank which evolves depending on the gender)
    Miltank (possibly having the same preevo as tauros which evolves depending on the gender)
    Skarmory
    Tropius
    Absol

Also guessing that there's gonna be a few more eeveelutions (hopefully a dragon, steel or ghost type XD)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back