• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] The Glacial Gathering: Ice Types Fanclub

Years
    All done!
    Before:
    Spoiler:

After:
    Spoiler:

Standouts include:
    Spoiler:

Not that I mind submissions for the other 3 clubs being posted here, but:
    Rules:
    -Make sure you post your submission in the corresponding type club's thread!

This rule was mainly there so that all the participating clubs get activity out of this event =3

If you, Megan and VisionofMilotic are okay with it I guess we could also just accept submissions for all clubs here as well.

-After completing the Wonder/Suprise Trade, provide a list of how many mons of that Pokemon Type you got back again.

Also you forgot to list what Fairies you got back, but not that big of a deal because of the screenshots ^.^
    I spy two fairies in your return box (the two Ralts).

At any rate, you do qualify for the badge, so I imagine you'll see it awarded sooner or later =3

As for myself I'm busy prepping a box full of mons for each of the four type clubs lol

Last edited:
    Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Not that I mind submissions for the other 3 clubs being posted here, but:

This rule was mainly there so that all the participating clubs get activity out of this event =3

If you, Megan and VisionofMilotic are okay with it I guess we could also just accept submissions for all clubs here as well.

Also you forgot to list what Fairies you got back, but not that big of a deal because of the screenshots ^.^
    I spy two fairies in your return box (the two Ralts).

At any rate, you do qualify for the badge, so I imagine you'll see it awarded sooner or later =3

As for myself I'm busy prepping a box full of mons for each of the four type clubs lol

It would seem I did not… actually read the post. Even though I did like five times! But I shall make a post in the Fairy club! And I'll also be back to do the Ice challenge as well.

Years
    My own submission for the Ice Club =3

I ran into a bit of a snag while Surprise Trading for the Ice Club, but the originally intended box was as follow:
    Spoiler:

But as already said I ran into a snag:
    Spoiler:

Idk why the heck it wouldn't let me trade the 2 kyurem's. I Surprise traded 2 water legendaries and 2 fairy legendaries for the Water and Fairy clubs with no problem afterward, yet my kyurem's aren't allowed D=

Anyway I replaced the Kyurem's with 2 Heavy Ball HA Galar Darmanitan's:
    Spoiler:

End result:
    Spoiler:

Attachments

• The Glacial Gathering: Ice Types Fanclub
      258874542_417418703439535_8219864561165829248_n.jpg
      123.6 KB · Views: 100
      264486920_425789632602442_1072972199956116653_n.jpg
      97.6 KB · Views: 99
      264543234_425791169268955_6954608930572371034_n.jpg
      123.5 KB · Views: 98
      264561211_425789599269112_3014377106814334528_n.jpg
      119.9 KB · Views: 98
      264634306_425789049269167_8816984028346801577_n.jpg
      128.2 KB · Views: 101
      265225918_425789045935834_7643222022294720472_n.jpg
      114.4 KB · Views: 99
    Last edited:

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
    Are there any changes you'd like to see in the Ice type's Type match-ups? I'm not sure how balanced it would be, but it definitely seems like Ice should be more effective against Water rather than less effective. Or at least neutral.

I participated in the Surprise Gift event! Traded a whole box of 5+ IV HA Jolly Moon Ball Alolan Sandshrew. Named 'em all Claus (get the pun?) and gave all but two of them Bottle Caps to hold (#24 and #25 had Gold Bottle Caps). Didn't get any Ice-types in return.

The Glacial Gathering: Ice Types Fanclub

Last edited:
    Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Reports in for Ice-type Wonder Trading in Ultra Sun.
    - Ten level 1 Alolan Ninetales with Snow Warning. Timid nature. Filled their moveset with egg moves. Gave all of them Jaboca Berries for fun. 4-5 perfect Individual Values.
    - Ten level 14 or 17 Glaceons with various abilities. Modest nature. Limited their moves to egg moves as well. Chose Custap Berries as their odd hold item. 4-5 perfect Individual Values.
    - Ten level 50 Avaluggs with Sturdy. Impish nature. Knows two egg moves (Recover and Mirror Coat). Decided on Enigma Berries for these. 4-5 perfect Individual Values.

(Wondered how viable sending Ninetales over Vulpix would be. Checked the pack for Ice Stones. Had 93. When did this happen? Remembers trying to get various stones before. Usually searched for Brilliant Stones in Poke Pelago. Even so...)

Watched countries. Wrote down Portugal, United States, France, Spain, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Japan, Italy, Germany, South Korea, and Northern Ireland. Cast a wider net than with Water.

Results:
    Zero Ice-types. Would have been great for Water (8). Eclipsed Dragon (2) and Fairy (0) easily. Did not even rely on a flood of Magikarps.

Years
    They need to have the typing before the Wonder/Surprise trade.
    The only potential exception might be a trade evolution that acquires the type, if you actually give it the item so that it evolves. (mainly thinking of Kingdra here who gains Dragon type)

I just so happen to have a seadra holding a dragon scale. I wanted to confirm whether I can place it on wonder trade, and count it as a dragon trade, since it's evolves into a dragon type during the trading process? I realize that we don't usually count a Pokemon towards a certain typing because of it's evolution, if that Pokemon does not possess that typing on it's own, but it seems like we're into a grey area with trading seadra because of the special way it evolves. It appears that an exception might be made for this Pokemon and others like it, but before I trade mine I thought it best to ask you for your final verdict, just to make sure. Can it be used for the dragon club?

Years
    I just so happen to have a seadra holding a dragon scale. I wanted to confirm whether I can place it on wonder trade, and count it as a dragon trade, since it's evolves into a dragon type during the trading process? I realize that we don't usually count a Pokemon towards a certain typing because of it's evolution, if that Pokemon does not possess that typing on it's own, but it seems like we're into a grey area with trading seadra because of the special way it evolves. It appears that an exception might be made for this Pokemon and others like it, but before I trade mine I thought it best to ask you for your final verdict, just to make sure. Can it be used for the dragon club?

Seadra with Dragon Scale can be counted as a Dragon type imo, since it will reach the other side as a Dragon type. So yes you can trade it for the Dragon club.
    Seadra without Dragon Scale would not count.

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
    Forgot my rankings for Sneasel, etc.!

Spoiler:

Years
    I have a question about the trade event. If it has already been answered, but have I overlooked it, then I'm sorry about this in advance.

I am currently trading on gen 6 with the pss, and had a question about trade requests from passerbys or people who apear on the acquaintance list. If I am approached to trade by a completely random person, or someone I may have previously wonder traded with, am I allowed to trade them any of the gift Pokemon for this event? Or is direct trading not permitted, and all Pokemon need to still pass through wonder trade?

Last edited:
    Years
    I have a question about the trade event. If it has already been answered, but have I overlooked it, then I'm sorry about this in advance.

I am currently trading on gen 6 with the pss, and had a question about trade requests from passerbys or people who apear on the acquaintance list. If I am approached to trade by a completely random person, or someone I may have previously wonder traded with, am I allowed to trade them any of the gift Pokemon for this event? Or is direct trading not permitted, and all Pokemon need to still pass through wonder trade?

Surprise / Wonder Trade only.

Even if it's a random person, in a passerby trade you can still put mons up for display and switch around based on what the other has, possibly influencing the outcome.

Years
    I am bummed because I wasn't a very lucky lady this time, and didn't get a single dragon Pokemon in return on wonder trade I'm afraid. In the past I have received bagon, gible, dratini and axew, as well as some Pokemon that have evolutions with dragon megas like treeko, mareep and charmander, so I had hoped I might score something for home team dragon, even though I expected there would be fewer of us than other elemental typings. I walk away with a badge, but without getting any points to share this time for my winged and clawed friends.

I wouldn't have fared much better as another typing it would seem. There were no ice pokemon o wonder trade either. Fairy and Water would have made more than 0, but still modest with 2 species of fairy flabebe and clefairy, and 4 water Pokemon, luvdisc, pelipper, suskrit and frillish. It just wasn't our night.

What shattered my soul though was one particular trade I made. The shiny noibat I put on wonder trade was traded to a notorious hacker! I'm sad about this because one of the reasons I traded shinies was that I wanted to gift Pokemon that I could rest assured would be appreciated by whoever the receiver was, due to their rarity.

When I wonder traded a shiny Altaria I felt good as I watched it go to a kid in France who had had a message saying that they would love a shiny one day. I was happy because I knew I had made that person's day, and that even though this was a stranger, this Pokemon was going to a home where it would be treasured.

In the irony of all ironies noibat went to the one person online who wouldn't appreciate it, becauase they hack in fake shinies all the time, that are stronger than the real one I gave. They might even release it because it didn't have 6 max IVs and all the egg moves they wanted, or they'll modify the Pokemon to make it just like their others :( I got one of their fake shinies in exchange for the real deal, but would have truly preferred to receive a regular Magikarp in this instance. /Cries

Last edited:
    Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Reporting in that I've done the Ice type challenge!

Here's the thing though, I'm trading away the obvious hacks. So it shouldn't take much longer but I want to trade in good faith, I hope that's acceptable. It's no fun when once again I get the same five hacked, shiny, GMAX Pokémon I got in the Fairy trade challenge.

I've decided to breed Snom for the Wonder Trade challenge! It's one of my absolute favorites and I couldn't resist. These ones are being bred with a 6 IV Ditto so their IVs are very good as well, usually at least 3-4 perfect ones. :D Hatching my last few now before beginning the trade process. Will update with before and after screenshots when it's done!

Years
    really hope I didn't miss any submissions (feel free to call me out if I did) =3
    Just a little update on the current standings:

Dragon Ascent: 7 Dragon types.
    -Devalue: No Dragons.
    -Pikaboo: 3 Dragons (Dreepy, Dreepy & Appletun).
    -ReKoil: 4 Dragons (Kommo-o, Applin, Dreepy, Applin).
    -VisionofMilotic: No Dragons.

The Fairy Type Club: 8 Fairy types.
    -Devalue: 2 Fairies (Cottonee and Carbink).
    -Fairy: 2 Fairies (Ralts & Ralts).
    -Pikaboo: No Fairies.
    -ReKoil: 4 Fairies (Mimikyu, Morelull, Morelull, Cottonee).

Ice Types Club: 6 Ice types.
    -Devalue: No Ice types
    -Icycatelf: No Ice types.
    -ReKoil: 3 Ice types (Sneasel, Smoochum, Glalie).
    -Sheep: 3 Ice types (Snom, Galarian Darumaka, Snorunt)

Water type club: 20 Water types.
    -Devalue: 7 Water types (six Magikarps and one Popplio).
    -Megan: 3 Water types (Corphish, Wingull, Psyduck).
    -Pikaboo: 3 Water types (Poliwag, Squirtle, Magikarp).
    -ReKoil: 7 Water types (Mareanie, Goldeen, Wooper, (East Sea) Shellos, Kingler, Cramorant, Chewtle).

So atm, the Water Club is quite clearly in the lead!
    I wasn't expecting Ice to win, but dang are we low on Ice types back xD

What shattered my soul though was one particular trade I made. The shiny noibat I put on wonder trade was traded to a notorious hacker! I'm sad about this because one of the reasons I traded shinies was that I wanted to gift Pokemon that I could rest assured would be appreciated by whoever the receiver was, due to their rarity.

In the irony of all ironies noibat went to the one person online who wouldn't appreciate it, becauase they hack in fake shinies all the time, that are stronger than the real one I gave. They might even release it because it didn't have 6 max IVs and all the egg moves they wanted, or they'll modify the Pokemon to make it just like their others :( I got one of their fake shinies in exchange for the real deal, but would have truly preferred to receive a regular Magikarp in this instance. /Cries

Yeah the hackers and websites are a nuisance in Wonder/Surprise trade =(
    When I was sending off my Suicune and the three Tapu's all I could do was cross my fingers and hope they'd end up with a normal trainer and not one of them instead. Luckily they did.

I was honestly expecting Dragon to fare better. Personally I thought Dragon & Water would probably have the best chances of winning. Water simply because of how many Water mons there are, and Dragon because last time I Surprise Traded there were Dragons everywhere xD
    But I guess the fish in the Wonder/Surprise Trade pond changed from time to time.
    Been wondering if I would've gotten better results if I had traded a different day or time myself. Still would be RNG though.

Reporting in that I've done the Ice type challenge!

Here's the thing though, I'm trading away the obvious hacks. So it shouldn't take much longer but I want to trade in good faith, I hope that's acceptable. It's no fun when once again I get the same five hacked, shiny, GMAX Pokémon I got in the Fairy trade challenge.

Well you could take an After screenshot and then trade away the hacks.
    If you want to trade them away before I guess it would be acceptable as long as you don't keep going till you get the same type mon as you sent away, but just accept the first non -obviously-hacked Pokemon.

Last edited:
    Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Well you could take an After screenshot and then trade away the hacks.
    If you want to trade them away before I guess it would be acceptable as long as you don't keep going till you get the same type mon as you sent away, but just accept the first non -obviously-hacked Pokemon.

Exactly my thought. The problem is that my Ice box was looking suspiciously the same as my Fairy box and that was lame af.

Duck

🦆 quack quack
    Years
    • he, they
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    I'm working on Water (and maybe Ice type) but just as a note, please don't trade the hacks. Remove them from the ecosystem altogether.

Trading them away just means another person gets a hacked Pokémon and that might means more hacked Pokémon in the competitive metagame.

Perhaps a more palatable alternative is producing more legal Pokémon (you probably have a breeding factory if you're doing this anyway) to do another trade.

Shilah Mae Grace

Shilah Mae Grace
    Years
    Hiya! I like Black-Kyurem as a guardian! My favorite Ice-type Pokemon is probably a tie between Mamoswine and Black-Kyurem. They are just very strong and have always been reliable (a.k.a., not completely walled or annihilated by Steel-types). I also really like Jynx, and wish it had slightly better stats to work with.

Ice-type is actually not my personal favorite type. In fact, I don't normally use Ice-types at all except for Mamoswine in battle facilities like the Battle Tree or Tower. But "Shilah Mae Grace" is a comedic character I play on my comedy show, and part of her character is that she is Miss Antarctica of 2021. Therefore, she uses exclusively Ice-types in battle and seeks to make them viable in competitive play. I will say that in a normal playthrough, I do remember using a Jynx on my team for Pokemon Firered, where it was pretty strong (as its Psychic typing is awesome in Kanto).

Weavile is also an interesting Pokemon to me because while it doesn't quite fit in my personal playstyle, it is working surprisingly well on "Shilah Mae Grace's" Ice-type Doubles team. Ice-types are very interesting in general because they're mostly glass cannons.

Years
    Hiya! I like Black-Kyurem as a guardian! My favorite Ice-type Pokemon is probably a tie between Mamoswine and Black-Kyurem. They are just very strong and have always been reliable (a.k.a., not completely walled or annihilated by Steel-types). I also really like Jynx, and wish it had slightly better stats to work with.

Ice-type is actually not my personal favorite type. In fact, I don't normally use Ice-types at all except for Mamoswine in battle facilities like the Battle Tree or Tower. But "Shilah Mae Grace" is a comedic character I play on my comedy show, and part of her character is that she is Miss Antarctica of 2021. Therefore, she uses exclusively Ice-types in battle and seeks to make them viable in competitive play. I will say that in a normal playthrough, I do remember using a Jynx on my team for Pokemon Firered, where it was pretty strong (as its Psychic typing is awesome in Kanto).

Weavile is also an interesting Pokemon to me because while it doesn't quite fit in my personal playstyle, it is working surprisingly well on "Shilah Mae Grace's" Ice-type Doubles team. Ice-types are very interesting in general because they're mostly glass cannons.

You have been admitted to the Glacial Gathering through your Guardian: Black Kyurem.
    Welcome, Shilah Mae Grace!

If you're doing a Battle Tree/Tower, Skill Link Cloyster is actually pretty dang strong =D
    I harassed the gen 8 SwSh Battle Tower with a Skill Link Cloyster, Gorilla Tactics Darmanitan and an Eiscue. Eiscue was a bit underwhelming but great for fighting types (especially when switching it in on them). The other two kicked major butt and I only lost a couple games while working my way up to 50 wins =D
    I don't know how they'd do in competitive though as I don't play it.

Back