• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Kalos League Speculation Thread

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    So we finally have confirmation that Ash's first real episode for a battle will be in the Semifinals. Not only does this confirm that he will most likely go to the finals due to the fact that this is his first real episode, it also confirms they are rushing the League. Rushing the League like they are, I am pretty sure that means Ash will most likely be going to Alola. He might be chasing Team Flare or someone. He could also be going there if the league was cancelled or something. Like we have mentioned in the last few weeks of talking about this.

Episode 930: Semifinal Full Battle! Ash VS Sawyer!!
    Episode 931: Fierce Rival Battle! Ash Greninja VS Mega Sceptile

Even if they DO rush the league, it's unlikely they're going to include Team Flare into Alola, especially considering we've got four months give or take before Sun and Moon are set to be released, with the anime generally making sure new series are released around the time the next-gen games are released, at the earliest, and it's unlikely they're going to do another DeColore Islands arc during that time considering how that was just badly received. More likely than not, Ash is going to win the League this time around.

Lizardo

Public Enemy
    Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2016
    I really don't want to get my hopes up, but it's getting harder and harder to see Satoshi losing this League. Satoshi getting to the finals, no League rival who only exists to knock Satoshi from the tournament, Satoshi having already fought (and lost to) Alan before… if nothing else, this will dethrone Sinnoh as being the furthest Satoshi has ever gotten in a Pokémon League and is the best chance he has ever had to win. I'm really getting excited now.

It's too bad that we won't get a quarterfinal battle for Satoshi between Ayaka or Louis, even if it'd just be a 3-vs.-3. But I'm not too bothered by it. Satoshi has only two important battles, and those are with Shōta and Alan. So if they deliver, then the League is worth it.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    I really don't want to get my hopes up, but it's getting harder and harder to see Satoshi losing this League. Satoshi getting to the finals, no League rival who only exists to knock Satoshi from the tournament, Satoshi having already fought (and lost to) Alan before… if nothing else, this will dethrone Sinnoh as being the furthest Satoshi has ever gotten in a Pokémon League and is the best chance he has ever had to win. I'm really getting excited now.

It's too bad that we won't get a quarterfinal battle for Satoshi between Ayaka or Louis, even if it'd just be a 3-vs.-3. But I'm not too bothered by it. Satoshi has only two important battles, and those are with Shōta and Alan. So if they deliver, then the League is worth it.

He's not out of the woods yet, though, as he still needs to fight the Elite 4 and champion before he can truly earn the title of master, or at least get one step closer to that goal (and we definitely know that Ash's most likely going to fight the Elite 4 because we've got a good four months between the end of the league and the beginning of Sun and Moon, and since the bad reception of the DeColore Islands arc all but assures the writers aren't going to repeat that mistake, the only other possibility is fighting the Elite 4).

Dr_Ukato

He who fights for joy, Not glory.
    Years
    • Seen May 30, 2017
    I found the scans people have been talking about. The league should be one of the most exciting ever, especially if they make the Diancie Movie canon with the girl and the mega absol. So this is what I am thinking.

Top 64 - Ash vs New trainer. (Or guy from the Battle Chatue. The guy who has a Flechinder or something)
    Top 32 - Ash vs Mega Garchomp Guy
    Top 16 -Ash vs random trainer
    Top 8 - Ash vs Astrid
    Top 4 - Ash vs Shota
    Finals - Ash vs Alain (Battle interrupted and thus begins Team Flare's Movement

That sadly seems very plausible. I feel bad that we moght not get to see the full battle between Ash and Alain... :-(

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    That sadly seems very plausible. I feel bad that we moght not get to see the full battle between Ash and Alain... :-(

I'd only buy it if they were releasing the league in, oh, October. But I doubt it considering the league's going to be airing next week and continuing through July, and leaving August, September, October, and part of November free before Sun and Moon are due to be released.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Here is special Greninja video --

Honestly , I want That Large Orange Shuriken scene from Ash's battle with Alain.
    It would be a shame if Ash use that much power to beat a rookie like Shota who was beaten by him 3 time.
    At least , Beating Alain would be a real achievement! We obviously didn't waited for 3 year to watch Ash beating Shota again at the League.

jfuze174

Elite Trainer Joey
    Years
  • League getting rushed is a shame. it makes the league look unimportant I hate episodes worth of battles being done in a montage. you spend hundreds of episodes to lead to this and it treated like filler not really cool if you ask me

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    I'm honestly praying that Ash actually wins the Kalos League. This is the perfect opportunity for the writers to give him this; hell, I'll even be content if he makes it as far as just the finals (which is basically guaranteed) after the travesty that was the B/W anime. Of course, I'd prefer if his finals match against Alan wasn't interrupted by the Team Flare plot, since Ash defeating Alan in the league is, in my opinion, much more fitting than defeating him as an enemy. Plus, it would possibly give Alan some interesting character development whereas he begins to feel as hopeless in his strength as Ash did because he's struggling to be the strongest with his Mega Charizard.

I just think Ash deserves this much, and it wouldn't hinder him from continuing his travels to Alola and as the (maybe?) permanent main character of the anime, because winning one league doesn't automatically make him a Pokémon Master; even competing in and winning the Champion League wouldn't do that. Though, if he did challenge the Elite 4 & Champion, I'd still personally prefer if he lost during that, since it would just give more of a reason to continue using Ash and having him realize he still has a long way to go before he can achieve his dream.

Just let this boy win this one league, for the love of god lmao

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    League getting rushed is a shame. it makes the league look unimportant I hate episodes worth of battles being done in a montage. you spend hundreds of episodes to lead to this and it treated like filler not really cool if you ask me

Naw, that's not rushed, since there's four months before Sun and Moon come out. Rushed was the Sinnoh League where the league ended literally two weeks before Black and White came out and crammed in a Legendary-owning trainer to beat Ash.

pkmin3033

I have this horrible feeling Ash is going to come in second place; he'll beat Sawyer but probably lose to Alain. Or, perhaps in a better scenario, he will win the League, beating Alain - if he loses to Sawyer I am never watching the series again; that will be well and truly it - and then losing to Diantha like he should have the first time his selectively overpowered Greninja used her Gardevoir as a chew toy.

This, I could live with, because if Ash wasn't Champion-level material in DPPt he definitely isn't in XYZ. A ridiculously long 6-on-6 battle between him and Alain and then a similarly long match between him and Diantha would be nice, though, even if he didn't win the latter. I can't see him fighting the Elite Four somehow, as they haven't even appeared outside of the Mega Evolution specials...well, unless you count Wilkstrom's random movie cameo, which I wouldn't.

Years
  • I still don't understand why team flare will interrupt the league, Are they gathering energy from Mega-Evolution or something like that?
    And that water shuriken seems like it had another move on it, like flamethrower and that's why it's orange.
    I'm pretty sure Ash will reach the finals.

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
    Years
  • I hope to see Ash not using his supposed to be 6th Pokémon against Sawyer... And also Pikachu not getting fainted and switched out from the battles and one of his other Pokémon (not Greninja nor Pikachu) slay 2 of Sawyer's Pokémon (for a shining moment)... In short, Ash beating Sawyer with 3 Pokémons left (Greninja exhausted, Pikachu near exhaustion, 6th Pokémon unused)... That would be cool if they will make Alain sweep before the finals using only Mega Charizard X (and maybe Metagross)...

Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2016
    I can not see Ash not winning. He has not won against Alain yet and it would be really weird for him to never win against him. you could say Ash loses to him in the league and wins fighting him in the Flare arc but idk. I can't see Alain even working with Flare if they begin to attack the league and hurting people in the city. Alain is not evil he is being used. So I can't see Ash vs Alain happening post league. Plus even if he does win it big deal. He is only the winner of the Kalos league that is all. Remember you have to do the champion league to be the regional champion and even if you win that that is all you are. The champion of the region. We have seen champions travel too so Ash could still be in the show but maybe a back seat. Though it makes you wonder if Ash won the league and asked to be an elite four member could he?

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
    Years
  • Though it makes you wonder if Ash won the league and asked to be an elite four member could he?

He would probably reject the offer... He vacated his Orange League Championship title, he rejected the offer to become a Frontier Brain of a new Battle Frontier facility, he even discontinued the Battle Chateau... All just to continue his journey...

Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2016
    He would probably reject the offer... He vacated his Orange League Championship title, he rejected the offer to become a Frontier Brain of a new Battle Frontier facility, he even discontinued the Battle Chateau... All just to continue his journey...

Well was asking more could he not would he. I am unsure but I don't think they ever talked about how to get to rankings. However I would guess you get promoted from gyms to e4 and than can battle the champion if your in the e4 to become the champion. with that said if you win the league I take it you could not be a gym leader since you would be too op but than again Cheren said in BW2 he never used his regular pokemon in gym battles. so yeah. Would be interesting to see Ash be a gym leader but a wandering one. That would allow him to keep his journey going.

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
    Years
  • Ash wins the Kalos League. You heard it here first.

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Ash wins the Kalos League. You heard it here first.

Spoiler:

Writers has a choice--

--Ether they can prove that they doesn't favor Alain over Ash by letting Ash beat him on Kalos league finals since Its Ash's goal to win Kalos league while Alain just want to battle Ash-Greninja.

Or

-- They proves that they Favor Alain because he is current writers creation by making him the Kalos league champion . Same time , They also prove that Ash-Greninja sucks and Ash was better of with megevolving his Charizard to Megazard X.

In that case , The Next series pointless to watch since we already know that Ash can't win the league and writers going to create another worthless piece of shit like Alain and give him everything for free.

StormChatot

Your Local Parrot Guy
    Years
    • Seen Dec 11, 2016
    This is pretty unlikely, but I have a crazy theory that would be hilarious and absolutely EPIC if it were to happen.

Bonnie has this amazing bond with Squishy, who we know to be one of the most powerful pokemon in the world. Later in the XYZ series she'll get the chance to battle Team Flare, learning Squishy's true power and basically becoming its trainer. Someone from the League will witness Bonnie's potential as a trainer and allow her to train with other trainers from the league; she'll learn to control Squishy's transformations just like people can control their Pokemon's Mega evolution. Bonnie will get accepted into the league, completely destroying all her competition with just her single pokemon, and the final round will be her vs Ash. Zygarde will be completely immune to Pikachu (ground-type) and just too big for Greninja to tackle, and seeing as the rest of Ash's team isn't very good, Bonnie will win and become Kalos champion. Clemont will return to his gym and stay to look after Bonnie, Serena will become Kalos queen, and Ash will set off on a new adventure in Alola (which hopefully won't be the same story as all the previous seasons).

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Not only that, but Pikachu defeated the Furfrou in one shot. That guy didn't seem to like Ash much at all.

Also, Malva is the reporter, that means Team Flare are probably the hosts. I really love Malva's character, even though she has had a small part in the anime.

Back