• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Lando-I suspect test (Update: it's been banned from OU)

Anti

return of the king
Years
  • literally nothing surprising about this test. can't say i'm sad to see landorus go. curious who the next suspect is, because i don't think they're done.

srinator

perhaps its time to sacrifice gothi to the goat gods

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    lol gothi seems like a pretty obvious one but also not a very high priority one imo. i doubt that'll be next tbh.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • if they do gothitelle, i hope they just quickban. a suspect test isn't going to accomplish anything. it's not like other suspects where you can at least feel a different metagame around you to some extent. goth is a poke you can't really build around or not since trapping is such a unique (uniquely broken) mechanic. it should be just like bp clause mark ii.

srinator

i have seen enough players who seem to be high up in smogon cry about gothi, will not be surprised if suspected.
    but i agree with anti, a suspect wont really give u an idea about the 'different' metagame. gothi isnt something you build around, its a mon you use if you suck :x i mean seriously i have seen countless people saying they just added gothi to fuck with stall .-. like just put in there .

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Number of votes: 159
    Ban: 120
    Do Not Ban: 39

lol those results

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    grumpy-good.jpg

Now for goth, possibly suspect for knock scald and ubers mega-<insert syphilis here>and we might be getting something close to playable.

Polar Spectrum

I'm still here; watching. Waiting.
    Years
  • literally nothing surprising about this test. can't say i'm sad to see landorus go. curious who the next suspect is, because i don't think they're done.

My friend will they ever be done

if they do gothitelle, i hope they just quickban. a suspect test isn't going to accomplish anything. it's not like other suspects where you can at least feel a different metagame around you to some extent. goth is a poke you can't really build around or not since trapping is such a unique (uniquely broken) mechanic. it should be just like bp clause mark ii.

I'm curious - why they don't just ban Shadow Tag? I actually thought shadow tag was banned for some time - around early fifth gen....? Sorry but I'm not too in touch with Swagon's goings on but I honestly thought it was banned at some point in time.

If that were the case again, I doubt anybody would say two words about gothitelle. Competitive is the set I use buuuut I'm not in singles soooo woop. Shadow tag's the problem anyways, not gothitelle. Singles core gameplay relies heavily on being able to switch frequently so an ability that just flat out takes that away is hilariously cancerous to what that competitive community wants the meta to be. But my perspective on this is warped; since I think a move that continues to allow you to switch but punishes you for doing so based on typing with no exceptions bar magic guard is also broken, so meh.

That's all off topic though - Lando I banned, kinda surprised. I didn't hear much of it before this suspect.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    It should like, banning Shadow Tag. Same way as moody (We're going to care about Wobbu, really?)
    Not neccessarily Wobbufet, but if they ban Shadow Tag, people will start crying about Smogon not banning Speed Boost and Protean. You know, the same people who want to see Blaziken and Greninja back from Ubers.

I kind of doubt they are going to suspect, or ban, Goth anytime soon. If people really cared about it, it wouldn't be ranked B in terms of viability. (not that it's an indicator whether something's broken or not.)

srinator

the thing about gothi is, its not something like lando that threatens to 6-0 or severely hamper almost all play style, what gothi does is simple select its target while team building and effectively remove it during play, while this doesnt make it an S ranked threat, i believe it makes it broken enough to warrant further inspection

Back