• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Manga Questions Thread

SkyBlue

I'm in love...with Ash!
Years
  • Basically, this is where people go to ask questions about stuff that happens in the manga.

Whoever asks a question here must keep it about Pokemon MANGA only. Otherwise, your post will be ignored or treated as spam.

The question/answer must not contain sexual innuendo, like

QUESTION
    How did Red feel when he finally saw Yellow as a girl? Hmm...

ANSWER
    I bet he wanted to *CENSORED!!*

Those will be reported.

As I am keeping an index of questions and answers in this post, sometimes I might get a little overwhelmed. When that happens, please message me about the questions and answers I missed.

Other than the rules above, ask away!

INDEX
    QUESTIONS ANSWERED - USERNAME
    You know Mewtwo, from Blaine, how Yellow sort of holds on to him after he's separated from Blaine? Does Yellow EVER return that mewtwo? Or has it yet to happen?
    PkMnTrainer Yellow
    Answered by:
    Yup, Yellow returns Mewtwo after the battle with Lance. We see that Blaine is in possession of Mewtwo near the end of the Gold/Silver/Crystal arc. (of course there's more to it than that, but Yellow does return Mewtwo, which was the question asked, so I won't say more.)
    Dominus Temporis​

What happened to Mewtwo after Red and the gang turned to stone?
    acroydaguS
    Answered by
    That's a question that's long been debated since the ending to FR/LG. There's currently no answer, since it's most likely going to be used as some kind of plot device later on.
    clover_bookcat

Here's a good one.

How did Ruby become so ridiculously strong as a Trainer? And don't give me that, "he's the son of a Gym Leader" excuse. I mean, Red constantly trained his team, Gold always believed in his team and has street smarts, so he easily comes up with unorthodox strategies to get an upper hand on his opponent.

So what's the deal with Ruby? I've never seen him experience as many defeats as the other characters.
    Answered by:
    The thing about Ruby is, the 'he's the son of a Gym Leader' excuse that you don't seem to approve of is the answer you're looking for. Because his father is Norman, he inherited his father's skills and instincts for battle. Also, a possible reason he hasn't experienced as many defeats as the other characters, is probably because he just hasn't participated in as many battles as the other characters. Remember, at the beginning of the R/S arc, his goal on his journey almost completely revolved around contests and participation in them. Ruby didn't really start to actively participate in any real battles until certain events in the same arc. So, on a battle per defeat ratio, he just has a lesser number for both as a whole.
    clover_bookcat

Time for me to ask my question.

What does the string around Red's and Yellow's pinkies symbolize at the end of the Yellow arc?
    - SkyBlue (moi!)

In Japanese culture, a red string symbolizes love and connection between two people.
    - Mileyangel

Why is it possible for a Gardevoir to face a Spheal in the Battle Factory?

Why is Special so special? I mean, there's all this hype to it, and the more I read it, the more I don't feel like reading it. Sometimes I just glance through the book for the artwork, but that's it. I feel the awesomeness of the art, but not the story.
    - acroydaguS

@acro: Here are your answers:

1. It's possible because, well, it's the Battle Factory. If you've played it, and I'm sure you have, the Battle Factory takes away your Pokemon for a while, leaving you to choose at least three rentals. It's possible that one Trainer gets a Gardevoir, and the other gets a Spheal. Not even the Frontier Brain is immune to that rule.

2. Maybe because it's one of the few manga that is based on the games and not the anime. Maybe even the first one, really. Either that, or it's just the title.
    - SkyBlue

QUESTIONS UNANSWERED - USERNAME

Last edited:

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
  • My memory is failing me

You know Mewtwo, from Blaine, how Yellow sort of holds on to him after he's separated from Blaine? Does Yellow EVER return that mewtwo? Or has it yet to happen?

Dominus Temporis

Fezzes are cool.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2012
    My memory is failing me

Yup, Yellow returns Mewtwo after the battle with Lance. We see that Blaine is in possession of Mewtwo near the end of the Gold/Silver/Crystal arc. (of course there's more to it than that, but Yellow does return Mewtwo, which was the question asked, so I won't say more.)

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    What happened to Mewtwo after Red and the gang turned to stone?

lucawesome

Voice Acting Trainer
    Years
  • Here's a good one.

How did Ruby become so ridiculously strong as a Trainer? And don't give me that, "he's the son of a Gym Leader" excuse. I mean, Red constantly trained his team, Gold always believed in his team and has street smarts, so he easily comes up with unorthodox strategies to get an upper hand on his opponent.

So what's the deal with Ruby? I've never seen him experience as many defeats as the other characters.

Clover Cat

Child of Gold and Crystal
    Years
  • What happened to Mewtwo after Red and the gang turned to stone?
    That's a question that's long been debated since the ending to FR/LG. There's currently no answer, since it's most likely going to be used as some kind of plot device later on.
    Here's a good one.

The thing about Ruby is, the 'he's the son of a Gym Leader' excuse that you don't seem to approve of is the answer you're looking for. Because his father is Norman, he inherited his father's skills and instincts for battle. Also, a possible reason he hasn't experienced as many defeats as the other characters, is probably because he just hasn't participated in as many battles as the other characters. Remember, at the beginning of the R/S arc, his goal on his journey almost completely revolved around contests and participation in them. Ruby didn't really start to actively participate in any real battles until certain events in the same arc. So, on a battle per defeat ratio, he just has a lesser number for both as a whole.

SkyBlue

I'm in love...with Ash!
    Years
  • Time for me to ask my question.

What does the string around Red's and Yellow's pinkies symbolize at the end of the Yellow arc?

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    Why is it possible for a Gardevoir to face a Spheal in the Battle Factory?

Why is Special so special? I mean, there's all this hype to it, and the more I read it, the more I don't feel like reading it. Sometimes I just glance through the book for the artwork, but that's it. I feel the awesomeness of the art, but not the story.

Last edited:

SkyBlue

I'm in love...with Ash!
    Years
  • @acro: Here are your answers:

1. It's possible because, well, it's the Battle Factory. If you've played it, and I'm sure you have, the Battle Factory takes away your Pokemon for a while, leaving you to choose at least three rentals. It's possible that one Trainer gets a Gardevoir, and the other gets a Spheal. Not even the Frontier Brain is immune to that rule.

2. Maybe because it's one of the few manga that is based on the games and not the anime. Maybe even the first one, really. Either that, or it's just the title.

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    @acro: Here are your answers:

If you have played the Battle Factory, you know very well that Gardevoir and most fully evolved Pokemon can never face a NFE Pokemon there, including Spheal. Does it really follow the games' rules in the first place?

Back