• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Metal and Rock Music Fan Club

Years
  • noticed I haven't done a list of all the stuff I listen to, so here goes...
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    noticed I haven't done a list of all the stuff I listen to, so here goes...
    Spoiler:

Wintersun is sort of an underrated band, if you ask me; they just don't seem to get enough credit and recognition as they should. I've listened to a few of their music before,; they've managed to touch my mood with each and every one. I've also heard if Dark Tranquility, but haven't listened to much of their songs, sadly.

Years
  • Wintersun is sort of an underrated band, if you ask me; they just don't seem to get enough credit and recognition as they should. I've listened to a few of their music before,; they've managed to touch my mood with each and every one. I've also heard if Dark Tranquility, but haven't listened to much of their songs, sadly.

Give 'Insanity's Crescendo' a listen, that's a good song by them

Years
  • Hey hey

I haven't seen any bands live, I feel like I would turn ultra violent the minute someone started moshing and hit me so that's no good. Even though I totally respect moshing as it's apparently the only way youth these days can justifiably "rage against the machine".
    Though I have always dreamed of having a time machine to go back and follow the antichrist superstar tour. Marilyn Manson is my personal god.
    Some of my favorite bands include, besides the aforementioned Marilyn Manson, skinny puppy, my life with the thrill kill kult, kmfdm, rammstein, nine inch nails (older stuff only, new stuff sucks monkey butt), godhead, coal chamber, Jack off jill, Rob zombie, cradle of filth, murder dolls(including anything solo by Wednesday 13), slipknot, mudvayne, amon armath, 69 eyes, and mushroomhead. I was never really a big fan of anything that played on the radio or mtv frequently. Although I must say I originally became a Manson fan from his videos on mtv before I was a fan of his music.
    As far as any newer bands I like , the only one I have found enjoyable is motionless in white.
    I also enjoy imagine dragons as the only soft rock I will listen too. They have some catchy lyrics even though I have only heard 3 of their songs.

The Serious Table

Can't touch this
    Years
  • XD THANKS FOR MAKING THIS CLUB.
    OMG I've loved rock since the day I heard Zepplin. I love Zepplin, always have, always will. Kashmir is just so perfect.. The chords, the TRUMPET!! I have everyone of their songs and love every single one. Some of my favorites are Kashmir, Stairway to Heaven, Black Dog, All My Love, Whole Lotta Love and Fool In The Rain.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • I've been to warped tour twice but haven't really seen any of the bands that I wished I could see live except for Attila, Go Radio, Chelsea Grin, and IWABO. I'd love to be able to see Amon Amarth live because I just know that'd be a big bottle of fun but I missed them the last time they came around.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • The Metal and Rock Music Fan Club

I found the this chart. Somewhat very true.

Sir Codin

Meh, I used to be into Slipknot, then got tired of them though they do still have a couple of decent songs, like "People=♥♥♥♥" and "The Virus of Life", the latter being the perfect song for a rape scene.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • I don't really like Slipknot, everyone thinks that they're like some crazy hard metal or something and it upsets me to the point that I don't want to listen to them or like them at all really. I like Snuff and Psychosocial but that's about it.

Sir Codin

Slipknot used to be awesome. Then I turned 18. And now I hear their bassist died and they fired their drummer and the band is now falling apart at the seams.

Years
  • I haven't kept track of slipknot in a long time, and a lot of their stuff doesn't stand out from anything else. I just like them because of the masks. Don't get me wrong, they have some great stuff but its the visual that appeals to me, XD. That's also why I started listening to most bands I do. I am very "character" driven. If you look like a villian, chances are I will appreciate it.

Years
  • I was never into slipknot. And I am also an advocate of the 'don't knock it before you've tried it' routine, so i cannot really say anything about slipknot, but given that they're classified as a nu-metal band I am inclined to think that I won't like it because I generally don't like nu metal. but like I said, I've never ears them so I'm not just gonna talk a load of rubbish about them. I am many things, but an elitist is not one of them.

I still to this day don't know why I like metal but I seem to like the misleading types of songs, few examples I can think of are Lamb of God's Reclamation song, Summoning's Long Lost To Where No Pathway Goes (give this a listen of you haven't, I think this song is awesome), Caladan Brood's City Of Azure Fire, and Sear Bliss' A Deathly Illusion just to mention a few. Anyone else understand what I mean by misleading? I cannot think f a better word...

pompayyy

Forever and Ever
    Years
  • I felt the need to join this.

My favorite band is Pink Floyd. I really like 70's progressive rock, hard rock, psychedelic rock, and some grunge/alternative.

I guess I just kinda found out about rock through The Beatles. Their pop songs eased me in to their edgier stuff, which eased me into rock as a genre.

I've only seen one concert in my entire life. I saw Ziggy Marley at a free concert. I've never been the biggest reggae fan, but it was just great.

Sir Codin

Mabool by Orphaned Land is such an amazing album. Check it out. It's pure progressive/folk metal awesomeness from Israel.

kyuubi93

What a bother
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2018
    I don't see any way I wouldn't try and join this club, metal and rock are my favorite. Personally I always loved listening to metalcore and some deathcore too at work before we got banned from using headphones.. oopsie on my part, I let my fellow metalheads at work down! haha XD

Anyways, are any of you guys fans of metalcore music? Namely bands like August Burns Red, As I Lay Dying, or Parkway Drive? Personally, I love ABR the most. At the last show I attended, guitarist JB Brubaker gave me the setlist to the show :-)

Back