• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The most elusive card you can never seem to pull?

Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2016
    Whatever set you are currently working on there is always one particular card that no matter how many boosters you open you just manage to miss so just wondering what is your unlucky break?

I've heard of people open like 3 booster boxes of the same set and miss out on one vital card holo, how unlucky can you get!

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2014
    I have always had the problem of finding the cards I need for a deck at the time, then I have to find people to trade and I live in a small town with no trainers and it sucks

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2015
    I always pull the cards I need (Sometimes I even get cards I didn't know I need)
    In one of my earlier posts I said I have a Yveltal deck. I bought a tin, I got 2 normal yveltal and the promo. I proceeded to get a zoroark, so I now own a Yveltal/Darkrai/Zoroark deck.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen May 30, 2024
    I'd say Vivillon, I've never pulled one and I've opened about 140 XY packs. This includes reverses also.

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2015
    Scratch what I said earlier. Pyroar is the most elusive card. As a gift, a friend bought me an entire case (6 Booster Boxes, 216 Packs) not a single Pyroar. I will have a fun time over the next couple weeks...

Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2016
    I've opened up a fair share of Base Set Booster Packs I don't remember ever pulling a Charizard, Blastoise or Venusaur.

I may of opened up a Blastoise one but it may of been a Poliwrath i just remember it was a water pokemon and it definitely wasn't Gyarados.

Years
    Very funny, not the Pyroar I want.

Wait, they're two different Pyroar? I should really have paid more attention when I opened mine. My cards are starting to blur together now! D:

I've opened up a fair share of Base Set Booster Packs I don't remember ever pulling a Charizard, Blastoise or Venusaur.

I may of opened up a Blastoise one but it may of been a Poliwrath i just remember it was a water pokemon and it definitely wasn't Gyarados.

Well, rares weren't guaranteed in Base Set packs, and I'm not sure what set they were actually first guaranteed in, so it makes sense that you couldn't pull any of those 3, since they weren't guaranteed at all.

Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2016
    Wait, they're two different Pyroar? I should really have paid more attention when I opened mine. My cards are starting to blur together now! D:

Well, rares weren't guaranteed in Base Set packs, and I'm not sure what set they were actually first guaranteed in, so it makes sense that you couldn't pull any of those 3, since they weren't guaranteed at all.

Holos are only guaranteed in Theme Decks of the Base Set from memory Overgrowth was Gyarados, Brushfire was Ninetales, Blackout was Hitmonchan, Zap was Mewtwo and The 2 player starter set was Machamp. Obviously you would be the most unlucky person on the planet if you didn't get one single holo in a booster box probably guaranteed between 11 or 13 a box though generally 1 in 3 so 12 out of 36.

Years
    Wow, I thought you were making a joke, anyways, the "good" Pyroar is FLF #20, the other Pyroar is XY #26 and is only obtainable through the Pyroar box.

That is such a TPCI thing for them to have done. Leave the hyped one in the set and make the bad one the promo. And they wonder why people decry the stagnation and lack of balance between the haves and the have-nots sometimes (even though it's far better in Pokemon than it is in most other TCGs).

Raikou

bolt-action thunder
    Years
    • NY
    • Seen Nov 12, 2015
    Mega Charizard Y. x_x

I've pulled seven of the Mega Charizard X, 6 regular and 1 SR. I've yet to pull one Y. I've traded for the two that I needed for my deck. It's crazy.

Back