• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The NFL Gridiron Football Club - Where Discussions Win You A Lombardi

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years

PokeCommunity's Official
    NFL Gridiron Football Club

Football. The true American sport. In this thread you will find fanatics of all sizes of football, and here we will discuss the ins and outs of the sport itself! Want to brag about your team winning? Think someone might be traded or signed to a team? Have opinions on who you think will be drafted in the upcoming draft? This is the place to talk about it!

rules
    ‡ All the general rules from PokeCommunity relate to this club ‡
    ‡ It's okay to be opinionated! It's valued as it creates debate! Just remember to respect
    that person's opinions and not attack them over the matter! ‡
    ‡ And of course....have fun! :D ‡

application

If you want to become a member, just answer these following
    questions and I will gladly add you onto our member's list!

Who is your favorite NFL team?
    Who is/are your favorite NFL player(s)?
    Who would you like to see in next year's Super Bowl? Winner?

MEMBER'S LIST

elheroeoscuro
    Saints fan - Drew Brees, Joshua Cribbs,
    Jimmy Graham, Larry Fitzgerald, Frank Gore
    New England Patriots vs New Orleans Saints
    Super Bowl Winner - NO Saints

Minerva
    Steelers fan - Troy Polamalu, Percy Harvin, Eli Manning,
    Shareece Wright, Markice Pouncey, Ben Rothlisberger
    New Orleans Saints vs New England Patriots
    Super Bowl Winner - NO Saints

Candy Cane Forest Elf
    Vikings fan - Adrian Peterson, Brett Favre,
    Randy Moss, Jared Allen
    Minnesota Vikings vs Indianapolis Colts
    Super Bowl Winner - MIN Vikings

River Ramirez
    Jaguars fan - Cecil Shorts III,
    Percy Harvin, Marshawn Lynch
    Indianapolis Colts vs Seattle Seahawks
    Super Bowl Winner - IND Colts

Jamais
    Chiefs fan - Tony Gonzalez, Derrick Johnson
    Kansas City Chiefs vs Dallas Cowboys
    Super Bowl Winner - KAN Chiefs

Wicked3DS
    Eagles Fan - Nick Foles, Russell Wilson, Giovani Bernard
    Philadelphia Eagles vs. Kansas City Chiefs
    Super Bowl Winner: PHI Eagles

GucciMeme
    Patriots Fan - Tom Brady, Chandler Jones
    San Francisco 49ers vs Seattle Seahawks
    Super Bowl Winner: SF 49ers

Judge Mandolore Shephard
    Buccaneers Fan - Marshawn Lynch, Richard Sherman, Russell Wilson
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs Oakland Raiders
    Super Bowl Winner: TAM Buccaneers

Stay classy, my friends

Last edited:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    I LOVE THAT STEELERS GIF THAT IS AWESOME.

Anyways, even though I'm kinda sorta co-running the club with him, I'll just put in my info right here haha.

Pittsburgh Steelers. Been a fan of them since 2005, when Jerome Bettis retired.

Who is your favorite NFL player?
    I have a TON. I wanna say Tim Tebow, but he's no longer in the NFL sooo. :( But I do like Troy Polamalu, Percy Harvin, Eli Manning, Shareece Wright, Markice Pouncey, and Ben Rothlisberger.

Hmmm this is a toughie. I'll agree with the above, Saints could use another title this season, Drew Brees has gotten better and better.

Years
    Minnesota Vikings. Gotta represent the hometown!

Who is your favorite NFL player
    Right now? Probably Adrian Peterson. I've always respected Brett Favre, though, even when he was playing for the evil Packers. Randy Moss was fun to watch and was utterly ridiculous - by far my favorite memories of him were his mooning of Packer fans at Lambeau (mocking the constant mooning Packers fans did and probably still do toward the Vikings team bus when it arrives and departs from Lambeau) and his "Straight cash, homie." reaction to the fine he received for that mooning. Jared Allen has a great gif of him throwing a football circulating.

Minnesota vs. Indy, with Minnesota winning. Can you tell I have a huge bias? :P

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
    Minerva and donavannj, welcome to the NFL Gridiron Club!!

Minerva I didn't know you were a Steelers fan?! That must have been heartwrenching to watch, that is that last game of the season where they had a chance to win it and make the playoffs. I remember watching that game; I was rooting for them.

donavannj that's fine that you're being biased! So am I with my pick haha (; I think the Colts definitely do have a shot though in making a Super Bowl push. Their team is very talented (don't really understand the Trent Richardson trade mid way through the season) and with Brady and Manning enter their twilight years (even though those teams will always have a shot with them in the huddle) eventually their time will come in. It's too bad about the Viking though. They need to figure out their issue at the QB position. I don't want to see AP become the next Larry Fitgerald and see his best years get wasted because they don't have a solid QB. Even though I am from Massachusetts and might sound biased by saying this, I do hope that Matt Cassell gets the starting job. It just stinks that he has been so concussion prone over the last few seasons.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
    Matt Cassell didn't look very good here last season. He wasn't awful, but he wasn't great, either. The real problems for this team are overwhelmingly on the defensive side of the ball, though.

I didn't even realize that they had finished dead last in Opposing Passing Yards Per Game. Do you think they're going to focus mainly on their defense in the upcoming draft?

Years
    I didn't even realize that they had finished dead last in Opposing Passing Yards Per Game. Do you think they're going to focus mainly on their defense in the upcoming draft?

I do think they'll take a quarterback at some point, but this offseason should be taken to really fix up the defense. We had a middling offense last year, so we could get to at least 8-8 even with a mediocre defense.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
    I do think they'll take a quarterback at some point, but this offseason should be taken to really fix up the defense. We had a middling offense last year, so we could get to at least 8-8 even with a mediocre defense.

And that's one of the hardest divisions to win in too, besides probably the NFC West. Actually to be fair, the entire NFC is pretty damn. Even though some records may look bad on paper, a lot of teams did fairly well last season; just tough match-ups.

Years
    And that's one of the hardest divisions to win in too, besides probably the NFC West. Actually to be fair, the entire NFC is pretty damn. Even though some records may look bad on paper, a lot of teams did fairly well last season; just tough match-ups.

It felt a lot like this while watching it unfold this season:

Also, The Draw Play is an amazing NFL webcomic. The page that introduced me to it: https://www.thedrawplay.com/comic/the-nfc-north/

And I heard this morning that it was confirmed that the Niners and Browns were actually in talks to trade coach Jim Harbaugh to Cleveland for draft picks?! I guess Harbaugh and his bosses really don't get along!

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
    Years
    Favorite Team:
    Well, I was born in raised in Jacksonville, so sadly yes, I am a Jacksonville Jaguar fan.
    Favorite Players:
    I love Cecil Shorts III, as I feel he is a play maker. Percy Harvin was always awesome for the gators so mad respect for him. And Marshawn Lynch is a complete beast. I had him in Fantasy Football this year and he was so consistent.
    2015 Super Bowl:
    I'd like to say the Jaguars, but not even I can think that will happen.
    I'm gonna go with the Colts since they are getting better and better and I'll go with a round 2 with the Seahawks.
    However, I feel like the Colts will pull out the win.

Years
    Missed the last club- better jump into this one before I forget about it.

The Kansas City Chiefs. I've got no idea how that happened, since I live in Seahawks territory and my dad's a Saints fan as well, but I've been cheering for them longer than I can remember.

Who is your favorite NFL player?
    I don't know if I have one favorite player right now, though I made it a point to get Derrick Johnson on my first Chiefs jersey last year. If I had to go all-time, I'd say Tony Gonzalez, which is why it was bittersweet to see him retire this offseason, even if it was with the Falcons.

It might be biased sure, but the Chiefs haven't been to the Super Bowl in 45 years, and could surely use another one. If I wasn't so scared of losing to a team like the Saints or the Seahawks, I'd like to play them, but I'll just go with the Dallas Cowboys. Any chance to make Tony Romo look bad is a thumbs up in my books.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
    River Ramirez and Jamais, welcome to the NFL Gridiron Football Club!!!

A Jaguars fan huh? Those are pretty rare nowadays. I saw a bunch of pictures of Jaguar home games this year, not looking too good /: What did you think about that whole fiasco that happened with the Jaguar fans trying to bring Tim Tebow to Jacksonville? Were you a fan of that?

And the Chiefs! That was a really disappointing loss by them in the first round of the playoffs against the Colts. I was shocked by that, I thought the game was over at halftime. Turned out to be one hell of a game. Do you think that Alex Smith can bring the Lombardi to Kansas City, or do you think the team is relying too heavily on it's defense?

And Candy Cane Forest Elf, that comic was hilarious! Maybe I'll put a link to it on the introduction page and update it every time they release a new comic. That would be fun in my opinion (: I'm also shocked to hear that between the 49ers-Browns. That's really surprising considering he's brought them to the NFC championship three years in a row. I wonder what's going on.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    elheroeoscuro said:
    Minerva I didn't know you were a Steelers fan?! That must have been heartwrenching to watch, that is that last game of the season where they had a chance to win it and make the playoffs. I remember watching that game; I was rooting for them.

*sees Brendan as a Chiefs fan* we ain't friends. :P

But yeah, I'm pretty much disappointed...but you gotta look at the whole season in retrospective. They sucked the first few games and hadn't shown any progress until the last few games of the regular season. They had one job: they have to beat the Browns, and they have to pray for the Chiefs to win...which that didn't happen.

Also, yes...very rare to see Jaguars fans 'round here. You know who I haven't met before? Someone who likes the Texans.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years

But yeah, I'm pretty much disappointed...but you gotta look at the whole season in retrospective. They sucked the first few games and hadn't shown any progress until the last few games of the regular season. They had one job: they have to beat the Browns, and they have to pray for the Chiefs to win...which that didn't happen.

Also, yes...very rare to see Jaguars fans 'round here. You know who I haven't met before? Someone who likes the Texans.

True. That was a very good turn around by the Steelers midway through the season. Alas though, it was too little too late.

Don't even get me started on the Texans. They were probably the biggest surprise flop this season, next to the Falcons. I actually felt really bad for Matt Schaub; I couldn't believe that fans were actually going to his house and heckling him for his bad performances. That's just sad.

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
    Years
    River Ramirez and Jamais, welcome to the NFL Gridiron Football Club!!!

A Jaguars fan huh? Those are pretty rare nowadays. I saw a bunch of pictures of Jaguar home games this year, not looking too good /: What did you think about that whole fiasco that happened with the Jaguar fans trying to bring Tim Tebow to Jacksonville? Were you a fan of that?

And the Chiefs! That was a really disappointing loss by them in the first round of the playoffs against the Colts. I was shocked by that, I thought the game was over at halftime. Turned out to be one hell of a game. Do you think that Alex Smith can bring the Lombardi to Kansas City, or do you think the team is relying too heavily on it's defense?

And Candy Cane Forest Elf, that comic was hilarious! Maybe I'll put a link to it on the introduction page and update it every time they release a new comic. That would be fun in my opinion (: I'm also shocked to hear that between the 49ers-Browns. That's really surprising considering he's brought them to the NFC championship three years in a row. I wonder what's going on.

I personally like Tim Tebow, however, bringing him in would be a waste of salary. He's not good for the NFL and honestly Henne is a lot better. It would bring in seats for a couple games, then all that would die down once we continued to lose.

But yeah, it's hard being a Jaguar fan since we are the most underwatched team in the NFL, however I think we started to do better at the end of the year and we had some key players hurt, so hopefully we can have a good draft and maybe bounce back up there. But meh. We never do.

Years

To be fair, the refs missed a blatant foul on the final play of regulation against the Chargers in Week 17, and it should've cost them their playoff spot and given it to the Steelers. I don't know how well they would've faired against the Broncos, but I would've much rather seen you guys in there than San Diego.

That loss is to never be spoken of again.

As far as Alex Smith goes, I've always considered him one of the smartest QBs in the league, though not necessarily one of the best ones. He rarely throws interceptions, and he's been taking to the air a lot more now than he did in San Francisco (I believe he had career highs in both completions and TDs). Still, we're a run dominant team, so as long as he has similar outputs to last year, I think we'll be fine.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
    I think Alex Smith is far better than most people realize, though people are probably going to be slow to give him credit because he was a project and then a "bust" for the first several years of his career.
    I'm still upset that he led the 49ers past my Saints in that playoff game a few years ago. Drew Brees marched them all the way down the field to take the lead in the last few minutes, but then Alex Smith clinched it with his legs right at the end. I was shocked to see that Alex Smith could actually run with the ball.

Years
    Quite honestly, I find that amusing. :P But I'm still bitter about the 2009 postseason, so I'm obviously going to find the Saints suffering amusing. I was actually rooting for the Cardinals to get the last postseason spot over the Saints this past season.

But, yeah, that just underscores how underrated Alex Smith is.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
    Quite honestly, I find that amusing. :P But I'm still bitter about the 2009 postseason, so I'm obviously going to find the Saints suffering amusing. I was actually rooting for the Cardinals to get the last postseason spot over the Saints this past season.

But, yeah, that just underscores how underrated Alex Smith is.

To be perfectly honest, I was rooting for the Cardinals too. Heading into the last week of the season I didn't feel like the Saints deserved to make the playoffs; they had lost their #2 seed to the Panthers - whom I don't think anyone could have predicted would have done that well that year - and by Week 16 I was really just rooting for anyone who could beat the Seahawks. I knew the Saints were going to lose to the Hawks if they had to play them on their turf (surprise, surprise), so I was rooting for the Cardinals because they were shockingly able to do that; beat them on their turf.

Which by the way, don't even get me started on how confused and upset I was with that last play of that NO-SEA playoff game where Marques Colston tried to lateral it all the way across the field. They should have just bombed it down the field, you've got two of the tallest players on your side (i.e. Colston and Graham)

Back