• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Nuzlocke Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wi-fi Battler

currently in la la land.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2011
    Journal 3, Enjoy!
    For those who care, the rules I'm using is below:
    1. If it faints, it's "dead". Release or deposit the "dead" pokemon.
    2. Only one Pokemon per area. Ex. Route 24, Goldenrod city, Ruin of Alph, etc.
    3. No Duplicates of Pokemon. No exception
    4. All updates most be posted in journal/story like way.
    5. No trading Pokemon, be it in game or with another person. If trade is required to evolve, then it is acceptable.
    6. No using of daycare in any game.
    7. Challenge is won when the Elite four is beaten. For G/S/C and Soul Silver and Heart Gold, Challenge is won when Red is beaten. For Firered and LeafGreen, Challenge is won when Elite four is beaten for the second time.

Spoiler:

sorry, don't feel like doing current stats. will do it next time though. At the being of the post too!

PelipperMail

Banned
    Years
    I'm going to do this on my Sapphire - starting right now! I'll even attempt to keep a journal/comic. :3 Although I'm really afraid of my Pokémon dying. :(

Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2015
    I'll be doing the Fire red challenge. This'll be fun. I'm gonna do the healing though, I don't think I could survive without it.

First two Journals done! Can't post em, so I will later.

I lost my Rattata right after getting it...

Last edited:

LillithSilver

Tooth & Eye
    Years
    1. If a Pokemon Faints, its dead, release it.
    2. You can only catch/recieve one Pokemon in each Area. A town is one area, a route is one area, a cave is one area, etc. Should you fail to catch a Pokemon for any reason (other than game corruption) than too bad.
    3. You must nickname all of your Pokemon (optional, but highly reccomended)
    4. No catching legendaries.
    5. Trading is disallowed, but the reasons following this clause are allowed. Egg trading is okay, same thing with Pokemon that can't have eggs. (optional) Trading simply for the purpose of evolution is perfectly OK.
    That's what I'm doing for my nuzlocke challenge on White~

Also, sense I've started my challenge already...

My adventure log part I:
    Spoiler:

Current team:
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2011
    I've been doing a Nuzlocke on Red and I'm currently just before Lt. Surge
    Team:
    :t024::t020::t005::t017:

R.I.P
    :t013::t044::t050:

Lezza

The Guy who loves Braviarys
    Years
    Im gonna start on FireRed. And maybe do an Ultimate
    EDIT:Small,But oh well
    Almost fell asleep at the start with Mr.Forgetable Oak who forgot I was a Boy. Named myself Leffy
    Tried to sneak outa town, but I was being watched by Sammy. He led me to his Lab andI picked MyBro the Brave Squirtle.
    So I got the Parcel and delivered it(That lazy sod), Also the Pokédex.
    Went to Route 1 and caught a Pidgey called Airin'.
    So the bald coffee man told me how to catch pokemon, even though I had caught a Pidgey.
    Grinded in Route to the POkeLeagur, Cant remeber what its called, and in Viridian forest I went to bed(Saved).

Next episode: Kill Rival ??? for the second time and Beat Brock and get the ??? Badge

Team so far:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Nov 5, 2011
    Doin' a Nuzlocke on Gold,will update soon

EDIT:

- Got Weed the Chikorita [M]
    - PLOT
    - Grindan
    - Got Furgie the Sentret [F]
    - Furgie died
    - Weed evolved
    - Got Mothla the Caterpie[F]
    - Mothla died
    - Got Digg the Unown-D [º]
    - Beat Falkner

Team:

Weed the Bayleef 18 M
    Tackle
    Poison Powder
    Razor Leaf
    Reflect

Digg the Unown-D 6 º
    Hidden Power

EDIT2: Failed when facing Bugsy;will restart later

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2011
    I've just got into lavender town and after some grinding the entire team is level 34, also took the Machop I got from rock tunnel and grinded it to 28 just to have a strong back-up, for now.
    Team:
    :t024::t020::t005::t017::t067:
    Spares:
    :t100::t021:
    R.I.P
    :t013::t044::t050:

GGK

Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2015
    Hey. I accidently restarted my Platinum Nuzlocke, after not updating in a while, so I'm gonna do an Emerald with the same rules.

Well, here I go.

Spoiler:

Team:
    Spoiler:

Box:
    Spoiler:

The Fallen:
    Spoiler:

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
    I continued playing as normal through Emerald until I battled Flannery. Her Torkoal killed Kip, Forever and Kaori. I caught some new Pokemon and some others died and I just beat Winnona.

The main team:
    Spoiler:

In the PC:
    Spoiler:

Dead:
    Spoiler:

GGK

Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2015
    Failed. Well, I started it again and I'm doing pretty good. I'll post the update later.

14Henderson7

Poke'Maniac
    Years
    3. You can only catch/recieve one Pokemon in each Area. A town is one area, a route is one area, a cave is one area, etc. Should you fail to catch a Pokemon for any reason (other than game corruption) than too bad.
    4. You must nickname all of your Pokemon (optional, but highly reccomended)
    7. Change the battle style to SET. (optional)

Starting with Soul Silver. Have horrible art skills, and no way of screenshots sorry =\. So this shall be told in story form!

Chapter 1: A New Beginning
    Spoiler:

LillithSilver

Tooth & Eye
    Years
    Is it okay if I change my Nuzlocke challenge to Pokemon Red? I want to because my Pokemon White game disappeared.

If I can, here's the rules I'll be using:

2. You can only catch/recieve one Pokemon in each Area. A town is one area, a route is one area, a cave is one area, etc. Should you fail to catch a Pokemon for any reason (other than game corruption) than too bad.
    3. You must nickname all of your Pokemon (optional, but highly reccomended)
    4. No catching legendaries.
    5. No duplicates, unless the first one you got of the same species faints.

drunk ¬_¬

Koga Bunshin no Jutsu!
    Years
    I wanna give this a try!

I'll go ahead and do it on my Pokémon White; I can't really do comics, but I'll keep a journal that I may (or may not) show you after I'm done…

Alright, I'll get started then! :D

LillithSilver

Tooth & Eye
    Years
    I'll just start again anyway...

Update 1:
    Spoiler:

Current team:
    Spoiler:

electrifuzz

Okay! So it's been quite a while since I've been on Pokecommunity, and I'm back and in the middle of a Nuzlocke on Emerald! I ended my Random challenge that I'm too lazy to take out of my signature, and now I'm busy Nuzlocking emerald! I'm playing a physical copy of the game so I'll just have a text-based log. I'm playing with the obvious one poke per area, releasing if it dies, and no duplicates.

So, we pick up as I am in Fallarbor town, and I have just found a new companion - Kronk the Koffing. I've never used a Koffing, so I decide it'll be interesting to try one out! As I proceed to train him, I encounter a Swablu! I proceed to catch him and name him Castor. I have trained Kronk up a bit, but Castor is still waiting to be used! I am about to enter the moon-cave-whatever (it's been a while xD), and proceed with the adventure! here's where we're at team-wise.

Oh, and how do I do one of those spoiler things? That's be nice to cut down on text clutter.

My team:
    The Nuzlocke Challenge

Kronk the Koffing - Level 22

The Nuzlocke Challenge

Astra the Pelipper - Level 29

The Nuzlocke Challenge

Castor the Swablu - Level 16

The Nuzlocke Challenge

Orwell the Combusken - Level 29

The Nuzlocke Challenge

Saturn the Alakazam - Level 29

Boxed:
    The Nuzlocke Challenge
    The Nuzlocke Challenge
    The Nuzlocke Challenge
    The Nuzlocke Challenge
    The Nuzlocke Challenge
    The Nuzlocke Challenge
    The Nuzlocke Challenge
    The Nuzlocke Challenge
    The Nuzlocke Challenge
    The Nuzlocke Challenge

Espeonrules

~Pokemon Fan-Girl~
    Years
    Oh, and how do I do one of those spoiler things? That's be nice to cut down on text clutter.
    Just put [ spoiler ] at the beginning of your text and [ / spoiler ] at the end. Do it without the gaps though.

Hey all~! It's been a loooong time since I've been on Pokecommunity, but I've recently started my FIRST EVER NUZLOCKE on Ruby, so I thought I'd keep a small log on it here to keep track of my progress. I'll be using an actual copy of Ruby that I dug out of the grave, since emulators always tempt me to cheat. :P Okay, on to the update:

Name: Mei
    Game: Ruby
    Time: 10:06
    Badges: 1/8

The Rules:
    Spoiler:

The Beginning:
    Spoiler:

The First Gym and The Cave of Misfortune:
    Spoiler:

The Mei Crew:
    Spoiler:

Backup:

Spoiler:

The Fallen:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

electrifuzz

So we meet again, Pokecommunity Challenge section viewers! We are now on our way to Fortree City! Let us catch up on what has happened since I last left off.
    And thank you Espeonrules for showing me how to do spoilers!
    Spoiler:

Wall of text, yes, but it is a journey that is to be documented.
    I'm not going to do the boxed guys anymore, I'll only mention Pokemon I'm either using, or that have fallen.

-Team Avatar- (Oh I miss that show!)
    Spoiler:

-The Fallen: You Shall Never Be Forgotten-
    Spoiler:

Let me know if you guys like the type of updates I'm giving! If it's boring/uninteresting I'll just keep it to short and non-personal updates.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back