• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Nuzlocke Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 7, 2014
Username: Wrex
Game: Yet Another Fire Red Hack
Optional rules:
Dupes/Species Clause
Gift Pokemon count as an encounter

This is my first nuzlocke and I'm also doing a let's play of it which you can check out from the link in my signature if you're interested in my progress.

USC Yuuka

The USC
Years
Username: USC Yuuka
Game: Pokemon Diamond
Optional Rules:
  • Nickname (ofc)
  • Dupes don't count as first Pokemon
  • Can only use berries to heal status/PP (Mainly because I like berry farming owo)
  • May or may not do comics, let's see if I have the time owo

As of right now, I've defeated Roark and am in Valley Windworks. Team consists of:
- Nuggs/Grotle/Lv 18
- Kwynne/Shinx/Lv 15
- Bann/Zubat/Lv 6
- Doobedoof/Bidoof/Lv 3
- Rocker/Geodude/Lv 6

Didn't meet any Pokemon on a few routes so far so I only have 5 members. Next time, I'll probably have a more detailed account of what I've done. ^^; This may take a while though because I'm getting my R4 thingy tomorrow so I'll probably be distracted.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Oct 14, 2014
Username: Daiki22
Game: Pokemon Heartgold Version
Optional Rules: Nicknames for all Pokemon

+Update 1+
Spoiler:

----------------------
+Update 2+
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Beloved

Fictionally Destructive
Years
Username: Beloved
Game: Pokemon Y
Optional Rules:
Modified Rule 2 to allow non-duplications
Battle Mode on Set
May not use HP-Restoring Items outside of battle
May catch Legendaries, but cannot use them, does not count towards area-capture

Update 1 - 20/10/2014
Spoiler:

Update 2 - 21/10/2014
Spoiler:

Update 3 - 24/10/2014
Spoiler:

Current Party:

Alec the Vivillion
Micum the Squirtle
Beran the Venipede
Aren the Combee
Nysander the Snorlax
Stamie the Sandile

Dead Thus Far
Spoiler:

Never thought I would ever use a Vivillion, but I am pleasantly surprised to see that it is still around after losing 5 others who were deemed as stronger than it.

Last edited:
Years
Username: Snorlax44
Game: White
Optional Rules:
- I won't use any legendaries.
- I have to nickname all of my Pokemon.
- Dupes Clause

And One More Take My Firered Challenge Lost My Save File

Update: Named Myself Paul
Choose Vivy The Snivy
Catch a Patrat
But He Died Due to Crit hit During Training
After That Followed The Story Line
Catch LIpup Named Him Ginger
Catch Purrlion in Dream Yard Name her Flappy
Got The Panpour Named Him Water Boy
Fight The GYM leader But My Beloved Vivy Fainted
Head Forward Catch a Pidove But That Guy Too Fainted During Wild Battle
Catch Blitzle Named Her Hiff(I doesnt Know What That Mean)
Catch A ROCKNROLLA IN That Cave Named HIM Rock Headed
thats it...

Last edited:

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Username: Wilhelm
Game: Omega Ruby
Optional Rules:
-Blind: play the game for the first time
-Blackout: if all Pokemon on my team die, the challenge is forfeit
-Names: all members must be nicknamed

Maybe I'll actually finish this one, lol

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Username: Lilith
Game: Alpha Sapphire
Optional Rules:
-Blind: play the game for the first time
-Blackout: if all Pokemon on my team die, the challenge is forfeit
-Names: all members must be nicknamed

My first Nuzlocke... Don't make me hate Hoenn.

Janske

Shinyhunter - Trance for life
Years
I am doing a randomized nuzlocke on my youtube channel actually:D. It is 4th gen, Soul Silver. For the link to my youtube channel, click on my avatar and then go to contact info:).

Opt rules:
Nickname all Pokes
All Pokemon faint in party = Game Over
All Pokemon are Randomized
Dupes do not count

I only just started but I will try to upload as much as I can:D.

blue

gucci
Years
Currently doing a Platinum Nuzlocke in preperation for Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire! n_n

Username: Hoenn
Game: Platinum
Optional Rules:
- The game will be played in "Set" Mode throughout
- There will be a level cap for my team prior to a Gym Leader.
- Healing items such as potions cannot be used in-battle.

With that in mind, here's the first update!
Spoiler:

blue

gucci
Years
Currently doing a Platinum Nuzlocke in preperation for Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire! n_n

Username: Hoenn
Game: Platinum
Optional Rules:
- The game will be played in "Set" Mode throughout
- There will be a level cap for my team prior to a Gym Leader.
- Healing items such as potions cannot be used in-battle.

With that in mind, here's the first update!
Spoiler:

Never mind. I lost lol. Will have to post again and with my second attempt.

Years
Finally completed my Platinum Nuzlocke- Man that took me a long time D: But finally I am done! The least deaths so far aswell :o Only 10 deaths :o

Spoiler:

Team that I used:

405.gif

Lukio|Male|Quiet Nature|Intimidate|Lvl 61|@Lucky Egg
Strength
Crunch
Charge
Spark

134.gif

Tay|Male"|Gentle Nature|Water Absorb|Lvl 63|@Lucky egg
Waterfall
Bite
Ice Beam
Surf

445.gif

Rei|Male|Hasty Nature|Sand Veil|Lvl 61|@Lucky Egg
Dragon Rush
Crunch
Rock Climb
Earthquake

437.gif

Bell|Genderless|Rash Nature|Levitate|Lvl 60
Psychic
Hypnosis
Gyro Ball
Faint Attack

478.gif

Frost Lady|Female|Modest Nature|Snow Cloak|Lvl 62|@Lucky Egg
Headbutt
Shadow Ball
Ice Fang
Crunch​

The ones that died: Jasmine my female Infernape,
Brock my male Toxicroak,
Coco my female Geodude,
Paula my female Bibarel,
Starlia my female Staravia,
Bugger my male Kricketune
Daisy my female Golduck
Pasta my female Tangrowth
Rossi my male Roserade
and
Dracula my male crobat.

I plan on moving on to Black and Light Platinum now- Will post proper sign-ups and first updates later/tomorrow~

Beloved

Fictionally Destructive
Years
Starting my Nuzlocke on Omega Ruby. Rules are the same as before, with two alterations:

I am allowed to receive ONE mystery gift Pokemon, as long as its level is less than that of my highest Pokemon, and is shiny. Any other mystery gifts received are to be placed in the PC.

Forced Encounter Pokemon do not count for my route capture, regardless of if I can them or not. This is thanks to Snorlax from Y.

Spoiler:

Update 1:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Jdlasja

Poketuber
Years
Hey guys I just registered, so I'm not sure what to say than Hello :D I'm a pokefan, and I'm currently playing through Pokemon yellow with the Nuzlocke challenge rules (standard one), and I'm posting videos to youtube, I'm not sure if I'm allowed to link that here so I'm not gonna to, I hope I'll get a warm welcome (fingers crossed) lol. anyways if anybody wants to watch that, contact me and I'll link you that. I'll be active on this forums, so I'll be seing you around. :)

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
November 21
  • Began my adventure as Athena.
  • Chose Treecko as my starter.
  • Route 101: Caught the Tutorial Poochyena
  • Route 102: Zigzagoon (fainted)
  • Route 103: Poochy (fainted)
  • Route 104: Wurmple
  • Petalburg Woods: Shroomish
  • Evolved Wurmple into Silcoon
  • Route 116: Whismur
  • Evolved Silcoon into Beautifly
  • VS Roxanne: Easily swept her team with my Treecko

• Dewford Town: Old Rod Magikarp
  • Route 106: nothing yet (sea)
  • Granite Cave: nothing yet (used super repel)
  • VS Brawly: Easily swept his team using Beautifly and Gust

• Route 110: Electrike
  • Beautifly fainted against a trainer's Minun
  • Evolved Poochyena at level 18
  • Evolved Treecko at level 23
  • VS Rival Brendan: My Mighytena flinched his Combusken when using her Thunder Fang. Next turn, I paralyzed it and it couldn't attack. On the next turn, it was again too paralyzed to attack. Awesome paraflinch hax and here I was worrying about my team's weakness to fire and fighting.

• Route 117: Marill
  • Evolved Shroomish at level 23
  • VS Wattson: My Breloom's Mach Punch easily took down Magneton. The gym matches haven't been notable so far.

• Fiery Path: Numel
  • Electrike fainted against this wild numel
  • Route 112: Machop
  • Evolved Magikarp at level 20
  • Evolved Marill at level 18
  • Route 113: Skarmory
  • Route 114: Swablu

November 22
  • VS Archie at Mount Chimney
  • Azumarill swept using her Play Rough and Aqua Tail. No notable struggle during this match. I have to turn off the Exp Share.
  • Jagged Pass - Spoink
  • VS Flannery: Azumarill ohko and 2ohko's everything.
  • Game Time:10:52

• Route 111: Baltoy
  • Numel fainted against a trainer's Graveler
  • Baltoy fainted against a trainer's Manectric
  • VS Norman: I used Breloom against most of the gym and the leader's battle. I used Azumarill when I didn't feel like backtracking to heal.
  • Grovyle evolved at level 36 after Norman's battle.
  • Southern Island: Latias obtained around 3PM yay! I used a Timid Synchronize and got some incredible IVs on the first attempt, so I decided to add her to the team.
  • Game Time: 13:11

• Route 118: Tentacool
  • Mightyena fainted against a trainer's Beautifly. I did not expect it to carry Bug Buzz. Honestly, I always remembered them as being super weak and not having Silver Wind until mid 30's in RSE. Goodnight, my sweetie. :(
  • VS Winona: I used this opportunity to train Skarmory because it's bulky and resists normal and flying attacks. Also, the rest of my team were at least 7 levels over Winona. I turned off the Exp Share now.
  • Route 120: Absol - I kid you not. it was the first triggered sneak in the area. I got up quickly from my bed to focus on getting it. It's rather difficult seeing May tiptoe while in tall grass. I was almost sweating a bit not to fugg it up. However, I just used Absol in my HGSS Vault Hunter box, and despite being one of my favorites, I should use something else...
  • Route 121: Linoone
  • Game Time: 19:25

November 23
  • Mt Pyre: Duskull
  • Mossdeep City: Wailmer (super rod)
  • Route 124: Wailmer (super rod)
  • Route 126: Wailmer (super rod)
  • Route 127: Wailmer but fainted
  • Route 128: Luvdisc (super rod)
  • Route 129: Wailmer (super rod)
  • Route 130: Wailmer (super rod)
  • Route 131: Horsea (super rod)
  • Pacifidlog Town: Wailmer (super rod)
  • MY HOPELESS QUEST TO FISH A CARVANHA/SHARPEDO HAS FAILED ME.
  • I HAVE CONCLUDED SHARPEDO DOESNT EXIST IN THESE SEAS.

November 24
  • Olli pointed out that I never caught anything on Route 119... Guess what I reeled in with my super rod today. :')
  • Route 119: Carvanha

Fainted
263.png
Hera the Zigzagoon - Level 5
267.png
Calleis the Beautifly - Level 16
309.png
Theia the Electrike - Level 21
322.png
Ares the Numel - Level 26
343.png
Morus the Baltoy - Level 24
262.png
Nyx the Mightyena - Level 37

Storage
293.png
Musica the Whismur - Level 19
066.png
Kratos the Machop - Level 16
130.png
Poseidon the Gyarados - Level 23
333.png
Helios the Swablu - Level 23
072.png
Nereus the Tentacool - Level 25
325.png
Epimetheus the Spoink - Level 31
359.png
Erebus the Absol - Level 33
264.png
Rhea the Linoone - Level 30
355.png
Hecate the Duskull - Level 28
370.png
Eros the Luvdisc - Level 35
116.png
Triton the Horsea - Level 30
318.png
Achelous the Carvanha - Level 35
320.png
Aktaios, Chalcon, Lyktos the male Wailmer triplets - Level 30 or 35
320.png
Dexithea, Lysagora, and Makelo the female Wailmer triplets - Level 25, 30, and 35

Nickname Scheme
My trainer is named Athena based on the gladiator character from the Borderlands series. Athena is the Greek Goddess of intelligence, skill, peace, warfare, battle strategy, and wisdom. The theme of my team is mythological Greek gods and deities. All Pokemon nicknames are pulled from the wiki page. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Greek_mythological_figures

Gaia is the goddess of earth, Aphrodite is the goddess of love and beauty and was born from the sea, Aether is the god of the sky, Dionysus is the god of parties, and Artemis is the goddess of the hunt and the moon, as well as being a twin sister to Apollo (which would be Latios's nickname if I had one).

However, my Treecko is named Victor.

In my original Sapphire version, my trainer name is my middle name, Nicole. It means victory of the people. This meaning is the basis of Treecko's nickname. Also, it is the basis of my Y's Chespin's nickname. Colette (the diminutive form of Nicole).

Furthermore in Y version, my trainer is named Scarlett because it is a French girl name for Red. Coincidentally, my Sapphire's first starter was a female Treecko that I named Scarlet because of touch of red Sceptile's body. Basically then, Nicole & Scarlet began in Sapphire, Scarlett & Colette began in Y, and Athena & Victor began in Alpha Sapphire. I wanted these games to connect with each other in some way.

Athena
Badges: 6
Game Time: 22:44

Current Team
254.png
Victor the Sceptile - Level 43
286.png
Gaia the Breloom - Level 43
184.png
Aphrodite the Azumarill - Level 43
227.png
Aether the Skarmory - Level 39
352.png
Dionysus the Kecleon - Level 37
380.png
Artemis the Latias - Level 40

Last edited:

nikkissippi121

Pokémon Professor
Years
On a whim, I've decided to do a Nuzlocke for Alpha Sapphire. I'm using the basic rules, with a duplicate and shiny exeption clause, nicknaming all my Pokemon, and playing in German (I know some, but it will still make it much more difficult). The backstory I'm making up is basically that my character, being from Johto, speaks mostly English, so is about as lost as I am. This should be fun! lol
Will update when I get my first badge! :)

Wizzro

The Magician of Darkness
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Oct 9, 2016
Username: Chris Zenn
Optional Rules:
A black out/white is a "game over," even if there are Pokémon left in the PC.

nikkissippi121

Pokémon Professor
Years
Got my first badge, so here's my official sign-up.

Username: nikkissippi121
Optional Rules: Shiny and duplicate Pokemon are exceptions to the "first encounter rule"; all Pokemon must be nicknamed; playing in German (which I know only a little of) to increase difficulty

Here's my team:
Ivy - female - Treecko>Grovyle - Lv. 16 - Starter - Quick Attack, Mega Drain, Absorb & Fury Cutter
Duorm - male - Wurmple>Cascoon - Lv. 9 - Route 101 - Tackle, String Shot, Poison Sting & Harden
Yena - female - Poochyena - Lv. 9 - Route 103 - Tackle, Howl & Sand Attack
Tox - male - Cascoon>Dustox - Lv. 10 - Petalburg Woods - Harden & Gust

Deceased:
Lucky - male - Lotad - Lv. 7 - Route 102 - Astonish, Growl & Absorb (died battling the Twins on Route 104)

UPDATE - Beat Brawley. No new deaths, so here's my team:
Ivy - female - Treecko>Grovyle - Lv. 19 - Starter - Quick Attack, Mega Drain, Pursuit & Fury Cutter
Duorm - male - Wurmple>Cascoon>Dustox - Lv. 12 - Route 101 - Tackle, Gust, Poison Sting & Confusion
Yena - female - Poochyena - Lv. 12 - Route 103 - Tackle, Howl, Sand Attack & Bite
Tox - male - Cascoon>Dustox - Lv. 13 - Petalburg Woods - Harden, Gust & Confusion
Cade - male - Nincada - Lv. 8 - Route 116 - Scratch, Harden, Leech Life & Cut
Mina - female - Whismur - Lv. 10 - Rusturf Tunnel - Pound, Echoed Voice & Astonish

Last edited:
Years
Username: AoTora
Game: Light Platinum
Optional Rules: Shiny clause and dupes clause were in effect all Pokemon must be nicknamed.

Anyways - I am done with first part of the game but I am going to do the aftergame too. With different team - I had 21 deaths so far D:

Anyways I chose bulbasaur (used RNG for that because I got to choose starter screen before I could look at my ID - It later died as a venusaur but he was the champion in the water gym!)
- Caught some completly random encounters and missed a lot of them aswell.
- Obtained a lot of freebies that I couldn't nickname so there was a lot of running back and forth between nickname rater and the destination I was supposed to be at.

My longest companion was espeon- I got him as an egg pretty early :3 Saddest death? Lucario because he died to confusion - I believe that there was one ghost pokemon that mean looked me than confused me and I could only watch lucario hitting himself to death after that because I ran out of potions on him :(

The pokemon I cared about the least was Infernape though - She came in right before the elite 4 due to my lucario fainting and it took me about forever to grind her up and she just refused to learn any fighting moves - and the only move I could teach her was rock smash so yeah she wasn't as good as she could be :(

Spoiler:

Here is the first champion battle - I might post the team in details later if I have some time - I need to catch some sleep soon because it's been a long day for me :( And I gotta go build up a new team since this one is pretty much OP for the new region xD

nikkissippi121

Pokémon Professor
Years
Just beat Wattson! Here is my team:
Ivy the Grovyle - female - Lv. 29 - Starter - Quick Attack, Mega Drain, Pursuit & Leaf Blade
Mina the Whismur - female - Lv. 23 - Rusturf Tunnel - Stomp, Echoed Voice, Astonish & Supersonic
Duorm the Dustox - male - Lv. 22 - Route 101 - Gust, Confusion, Venoshock & Psybeam
Cade the Nincada - male - Lv. 17 - Route 116 - Mud-Slap, Fury Swipes, Leech Life & Cut
Pika the Cosplay Pikachu - female - Lv. 21 - Verdanturf Town - Quick Attack, Electro Ball, Thunder Wave & Icicle Crash
Bubbles the Azumarll - female - Lv. 18 - Bubble, Bubble Beam, Rock Smash & Rollout

Boxed is:
Tox the Dustox - Lv. 18 - Petalburg Woods - Moonlight, Gust, Confusion & Poison Powder

Deceased are:
Lucky the Lotad - male - Lv. 7 - Route 102 - died battling the Twins on Route 104
Makki the Makuhita - female - Lv. 14 - Granite Cave - died battling Brendan on Route 110
Yena the Poochyena - female - Lv. 15 - Route 103 - died battling Brendan on Route 110
Plusopi the Plusle - male - Lv. 12 - Route 110 - died battling Brendan on Route 110

Anvils Alive

Fun is infinite. Sega Enterprises.
Years
Keepin' on truuuuckin'.

Username: Anvils Alive
Game: White
Optional rules:
- Nickname all of your Pokémon
- Shiny Pokémon can be caught and used, no matter when you encounter them
- Last number of ID determines starter; 1-3 is Snivy, 4-6 is Tepig, 7-9 is Oshawott, and 0 means you can choose whatever you like
- Gifts don't count toward the first encounter

Movement 4
Spoiler:

Badges
Spoiler:

Pokémon: 2
Spoiler:

Dead: 5
Spoiler:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back