• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The ones that got away...

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
  • Persian is the reason why my PokeDex count is off by 1. It ran away from me when I found it at the Galveston Seawall.

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
  • I still don't have an Abra. Two close calls recently, one as I was walking through a park; it appeared on my sightings, but must have been in the housing estate near to the park because I couldn't find it anywhere, and the other was on the bus home from work a few days ago, it spawned right on top of a Rattata, when I ran from the Rattata, the Abra was out of range.

A Porygon appeared whilst myself an a few friends were having a few drinks after work, I went hunting, it appeared as I was turning a corner to head back to the pub, but despawned as I clicked on it. Frustrating.

There was also a Dratini spawned right near where I live, but after searching for 5-10 minutes, I just couldn't find it.

Years
  • Found a Seadra at the Manhattan Ferry area yesterday only to chuck 50000 balls before it fled. Now my Pokédex seen/caught count is uneven. I'm cry. More Horsea please come to me.

Years
  • Atleast all of you had more than a few chances at mentioned pokemon...

this popped out on me while biking last week:
    1 rasberry.... 1 Ultra Ball.... came out at 2nd wiggle.. and ZOOM fled... talk about heart at throat.. was sooo pissseddd
    14055723_10155087661074622_1196251219_n.png

Years
  • There's been a few that I'm not too pleased got away but the one that stung the most was a Wartortle that appeared as I was just sitting in my house. Took me around another 3 weeks before I managed to evolve a Squirtle into a Wartortle :(

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2016
    Just yesterday - Snorlax, not even a high CP (I think it was barely over 1000). The first ball I threw - Berry + Ultra Ball + Curve + Great. Breaks out, immediately runs. My friend told me it had Lick and bad IVs anyways, but it was still pretty annoying. I've also had like 3 Dragonites run from me and I've lost count of how many other Snorlaxes - but nothing on that level of infuriating.

Iceman3k

Kickin' it Tribal GO Style
    Years
  • I almost broke down in tears when this one zipped. Weeks later, I hatched one.

Attachments

• IMG_2016-07-21-12532024.jpg
      IMG_2016-07-21-12532024.jpg
      124 KB · Views: 2
    Years
    • Seen Sep 6, 2016
    Abra. Those don't spawn near me, and my wife was driving across a bridge not all that near where we live to visit a friend when one spawned in the park underneath it.

I clicked on it to catch it. Game and GPS lagged out. Abra disappeared. Didn't even get to try for it. Not like we can turn around and go back going over a bridge.

Luckily, as I joked to my wife, that Abra "followed us home" and about a week later I opened the game at home to see what she had caught the day before one morning, and sure enough, an Abra had spawned right nearby. Have never seen one spawn in our neighborhood before or since. And I got him. So the frustration was eliminated.

Back