• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Pyromancers: Fire-type Pokémon Club

Years
  • That looks like a great set, Dylan! Though, one thing I could recommend is to perhaps replace Ancient Power with Air Slash. Former does help taking our opposing fire- and flying-types, but with latter, you should have no trouble defeating fighting Pokémon. Plus, it might also make your foe flinch and unable to strike any hit, which is great.
    That's actually a great idea!

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • It's time for another Pokémon of the Week! This week's entry is..

Spoiler:

Combusken!

Emerald Pokédex: It lashes out with 10 kicks per second. Its strong fighting instinct compels it to keep up its offensive until the opponent gives up.

Combusken evolves into my second favorite Fire-type and favorite Fighting-type Blaziken. Not much to say about the second form but it definitely does well in battle while playing through the games at this stage.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Ah, Combuskin! I don't have a lot of favorite middle-stage evolution, unfortunately, but from what I do, this has got to be one of them. I'm generally a pretty big fan of Hoenn and its Pokémon, so my bias-ness sort of does come into play here, but still, I like it. In-design, it's got the look of a fighter and rooster mixed in, which I believe they were aiming for, and seemingly, were quite successful at. Alongside, it's also got a decent move-pool, and could lead your in-game team for a decent amount of time.

What I'm most of this Pokémon is that it's the pre-evolution of Blaziken, which is one of my most favorite final-stage starters of all time.

Wicked3DS

Years
  • They definitely got the design right as far as the transition from Torchic to Blaziken. Yeah, not much going on for the middle evolutions usually, but if you pick one, this one is a good choice because if movepool and diversity, like Blaziken.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Speaking of Blaziken, have any of us ever wanted to see a second mega-evolution for it?

Personally, I definitely have. From what it seems, they have tendency to give secondary mega-forms to Pokémon that are popular among fans--Mewtwo and Charizard are great examples; because of how well they were liked by fans (even if you're not a fan, you might still know that these two are Pokémon when you hear their names), they wound up gaining two, separate forms--and I believe Blaziken could be put into the same category.

I'm not sure how successful it would be in actuality, but I'd enjoy seeing it get one. One thing I'm hoping for, though, is that it gets some decent amount of stats decrease once it evolves into its second mega. This way, it wouldn't be as over-powered, and we'd be able to utilizing it again when it comes to competitive battling. It did get banned to Ubers recently, didn't it?

Wicked3DS

Years
  • Another week, another Pokémon. This time around we have...

Spoiler:

Litwick!

Black Pokédex: Litwick shines a light that absorbs the life energy of people and Pokémon, which becomes the fuel that it burns.

Ah, Litwick, better known as the first stage of Chandelure, which I know is a fan favorite. Fire/Ghost is an awesome type combo and this evolves into a very awesome Pokémon. This one's kind of cute too, wouldn't you say?

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
    Years
  • Litwick rules! It's so cute, and very badass since BW series! Don't even get me started on Pokemon Conquest! As a Special Attacker, moves like Flamethrower and Shadow Ball gets a boosted effect on SA with STAB! Go little Litwick! This is why they are one of my favorite ghost type pokemon! Grass types can't get to them at all! And bugs are so fried!

Years
  • Litwick is pretty much one of the cutest things ever. I'm in fact a huge fan of its evolution line to the point they are among my fave 5th Gen Pokemon of all time.

The Ghost/Fire combination is very unique and it's a pretty cute yet powerful special attacker. I pretty much always love using one when I can because it always did me well on my Unova games. All the better reason to love 5th Gen, because it introduced some true powerhouses to the Fire-type world.

Years
  • Name: Rising_Dawn
    Pick two Fire-type Partner Pokémon: Arcanine and Charizard
    Reason(s) for liking Fire-types: I find that they have awesome designs, plus some of them tend to be rather powerful
    Answer to current topic: Litwick is adorable, but I have to say, being able to suck one's life away is creepy. Also, Ghost/Fire? Awesome typing.

Wicked3DS

Years
  • Name: Rising_Dawn
    Pick two Fire-type Partner Pokémon: Arcanine and Charizard
    Reason(s) for liking Fire-types: I find that they have awesome designs, plus some of them tend to be rather powerful
    Answer to current topic: Litwick is adorable, but I have to say, being able to suck one's life away is creepy. Also, Ghost/Fire? Awesome typing.

Welcome! Fire/Ghost is definitely a cool typing, we all seem to agree on that. This line is definitely good for Special Attack. I definitely like the concept of these Pokémon a lot.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    I always loved the Litwick family ever since I saw its reveal on serebii when we were all anticipating Black and White. It was such a clever idea and while I usually don't like pokemon based on inanimate objects, it was really cool. The stats for Chandelure are also amazing and it has a good countering moveset for a sweeper.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I'm pretty fond of Chandelure family line, personally. When this Pokémon had first been introduced, it was used majorly. It had Shadow Tag ability, which would trap opponents and block them from switching, which would make it easy for Chandelure to take advantage of that situation to take them down. Its offensive stats were great and had access to decent attacks, so it had no trouble at all when things came to that and whatnot. Have used this Pokémon many times, and it has always managed to impress.

Though, I remember seeing its Shadow Tag ability getting banned eventually, which wound up decreasing its usage drastically. It was sort of disappointing, really. I'm not exactly sure if its ban been lifted, but if so, which I do hope, then that's great!

Wicked3DS

Years
  • I've gotta say I agree with the inanimate objects thing, I'm a fan of some, but not others. It has to be a concept that transforms well into a Pokémon.

That being said, it is time for another Pokémon of the week. This time around we have...

Spoiler:

Tepig!

Black Pokédex: It can deftly dodge its foe's attacks while shooting fireballs from its nose. It roasts berries before it eats them.

I'm not a huge fan of this line, but I do think Tepig is quite cute.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    The Unova starters disappointed me in terms of stats. I chose Tepig because I always went with fire starters and I affectionately nicknamed it Porkchop.

Wicked3DS

Years
  • The Unova starters disappointed me in terms of stats. I chose Tepig because I always went with fire starters and I affectionately nicknamed it Porkchop.

I like the Porkchop name. But I agree, I was very disappointed with the Unova starters. Tepig is pretty cute I have to say, but I don't care for it's evolutions at all.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I'm a fan of Tepig in general, as it looks pretty cute to me. Its evolutions, however--that's sort of a different story.

I've had Emboar on my team a couple of times before, but it has never seemed to perform as good as few other members. Its stats just aren't that great overall, unfortunately, and its move-pool is also limited, in some ways. If it weren't for those, I would have appreciated this Pokémon a lot more, for sure.

Years
  • Tepig is I think one of the cutest-looking starters ever, but I feel so sorry for all the hate it got once people discovered how "ugly" Emboar is and that caused them to lean towards Team Snivy or Team Oshawott, but despite that we still have some who defied this to still use Tepig.

Emboar is different to the other two Fire/Fighting starters in that it's slower than the others but it does get a lot of power to make up for it. It's actually quite a wrecker in in-game runs when trained right, and that may be why I was one of the few who actually didn't mind it. I also loved how cute Tepig acted in the anime, in fact they did a good job making all the starters of Unova act very cute.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    I don't know about "ugly" as a word to describe Emboar. It's certainly not good-looking but I wouldn't go as far to say that it completely sucks design-wise. It's alright and the design sorta portrays it as something to be fearful of rather than a main dinner course. Which is good on Gamefreak's part because having your dinner as a pokemon wouldn't be a very nice thing to brag about to your friends. D:

Hey Jack!
    What?
    I beat the Pokemon League with my dinner yesterday and became champion!

Yeah that doesn't sound like a very fun conversation so I'm glad Gamefreak didn't go down that route. I like Tepig but not as much as the other fire starters. Pigs have always been cute though so I was pretty pleased with the outcome. Although I'm still slightly disappointed they went down the fire/fighting route but y'know, I don't really know what else they could of done either. Pignite though, bleh. Probably my least favourite of the line. :(

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I've always imagined fully-evolved Pokémon like Emboar to be something that you don't eat too often in Pokémon world. One reason is because they're at a high level of power, causing them to be more useful than normal when it comes to battling and other things. Second, thanks to them being more powerful and whatnot, they might also possibly be harder to cook, causing some people to not bother, haha.

Back