• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Pyromancers: Fire-type Pokémon Club

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years
  • Name: User 101
    Pick two Fire-type Partner Pokémon: Emboar of course, and Mega Charizard Y
    Reason(s) for liking Fire-types: I find Fire to be the best starter type because so many Fire types have amazing sweep potential and raw designs. Plus, we're talking about fire, and fire is always cool.
    Answer to current topic: I'm don't like Ho-Oh as much as Reshiram, but I did use it on my old Black 2 Ubers team. (White Kyurem was also a member of that team.)

Welcome! Honestly not the biggest fan of Reshiram, it just doesn't appeal to me much at all.

Mega Eeveelutions need to happen. They'd need to do them in shifts since there are so many, but it would help Flareon a lot if it had one.

Wicked3DS

Years
  • How about another Pokémon?

Spoiler:

Torkoal!

(Omega) Ruby Pokédex: Torkoal digs through mountains in search of coal. If it finds some, it fills hollow spaces on its shell with the coal and burns it. If it is attacked, this Pokémon spouts thick black smoke to beat a retreat.

Uh, I know pretty much nothing about Torkoal. I know Flannery uses one and it's a pretty good tank, but honestly, I've never used it and I'm really not interested in it at all.

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
  • Another pokemon that should've mega evolved in ORAS. Torkoal is pretty underratted, honestly. Especially with a white herb and shell smash, it can be a big threat to those who can't OHKO it. It's pretty cool looking, too, and the smoke always surrounding makes it look almost wise and even somewhat mysterious.

Lexa

My maturity level depends on who I'm with. ;D
    Years
  • Name: Alexa
    Pick two Fire-type Partner Pokémon: Rapidash and Flareon
    Reason(s) for liking Fire-types: FIIIIYA! Need I say anymore? Just kidding. They're beautiful, delicate, one of a kind.
    Answer to current topic: I actually play one of his cards quite a bit in TCGO so I have quite a special connection with him. Plus, he's a definite cutie! <3

I'd love to see a mega version of Rapidash! I mean, come on, who wouldn't want a gigantic fire horse on their side?! That would be the best!

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Welcome, Lexa! We are glad to see you join us!

Yeah, a Mega-Rapidash would be rather cool, I agree. It's such a beautiful Pokémon in terms of appearance and whatnot, but winds up going sort of ignored when it comes to competitive battling. If it were to gain some mega-evolution form of sorts, it would guarantee stats boost for it, which could help elevating Rapidash more high.

As for Torkoal, I'm not much of a big fan of its design, sorry to say, haha. Though, it is pretty solid battling-wise, as it could withstand a good portion of hits. I'm interested to see how its mega-form winds up to be, if they decide to give it one at some point in future!

Wicked3DS

Years
  • Name: Alexa
    Pick two Fire-type Partner Pokémon: Rapidash and Flareon
    Reason(s) for liking Fire-types: FIIIIYA! Need I say anymore? Just kidding. They're beautiful, delicate, one of a kind.
    Answer to current topic: I actually play one of his cards quite a bit in TCGO so I have quite a special connection with him. Plus, he's a definite cutie! <3

I'd love to see a mega version of Rapidash! I mean, come on, who wouldn't want a gigantic fire horse on their side?! That would be the best!

Welcome! Ya know, Mega Rapidash would be pretty darn cool. I never really used Rapidash, so maybe that'd be a little more incentive.

I'm curious to see Mega Torkoal as well if they proceed with it. Probably would get a bit of a boost in attacking stats.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    I like Torkoal but it relates more to my Chinese background than the actual pokemon itself. I've heard one too many great stories about tortoises while growing up whether they be fictional or realistic and have really grown to like all of them. :)

Torkoal itself is pretty interesting. Maybe a bit too similar to Camerupt in some ways but its unique otherwise. I've never used one myself but the idea of a tanky tortoise thats able to spit smoke and produce dangerously high levels of heat is actually kinda cool. Mega Torkoal would also work! I can't envision an exact design but making it bigger and better than previously would be a great start.

And welcome, Alexa! Rapidash was my first fire type other than Infernape so I + 1 the mega idea. Would definitely be awesome to have a mega fire horse. <3

Lexa

Years
  • Welcome, Lexa! We are glad to see you join us!

Yeah, a Mega-Rapidash would be rather cool, I agree. It's such a beautiful Pokémon in terms of appearance and whatnot, but winds up going sort of ignored when it comes to competitive battling. If it were to gain some mega-evolution form of sorts, it would guarantee stats boost for it, which could help elevating Rapidash more high.

As for Torkoal, I'm not much of a big fan of its design, sorry to say, haha. Though, it is pretty solid battling-wise, as it could withstand a good portion of hits. I'm interested to see how its mega-form winds up to be, if they decide to give it one at some point in future!

Why thank you, (insert name here)!

I will say Rapidash does rather get ignored - battle wise which is such a shame. I believe Rapidash has much more potential and could do so much better if they gave him a Mega evolution form. They could do SO much more with him and I think it's about time they give him a nice spot in the fan base - popularity wise.

Hahah, awww, poor Torkoal! I actually play his card (willingly) quite a bit in the TCGO and not to mention he was one of my first cards I got from a booster pack on there! I think he's a cutie but they could do some updating on him IMO. His HP isn't bad at all for being a "basic" - no stage - no evolution Pokemon.

Lexa

Years
  • Welcome! Ya know, Mega Rapidash would be pretty darn cool. I never really used Rapidash, so maybe that'd be a little more incentive.

I'm curious to see Mega Torkoal as well if they proceed with it. Probably would get a bit of a boost in attacking stats.

Rapidash is in the center of basic and beast Pokemon IMO...which is why he never gets used. Of course, it's only natural to have the best Pokemon you can get your hands on so it makes sense.

A Mega Torkoal would be quite amazing. You could get on its shell and go along for a slow moving ride, lel.

And welcome, Alexa! Rapidash was my first fire type other than Infernape so I + 1 the mega idea. Would definitely be awesome to have a mega fire horse. <3

Hello! Thanks for the warm welcome. <3
    Rapidash was also one of my first fire types as well. No to mention I have a special place in my heart for horses so it's only natural of me to love Ponyta/Rapidash.

I feel like they should release another horse-type Pokemon! There aren't many at all besides Horse/Seadra/Kingdra and Skrelp. Sure, it seems like a lot but they won't be able to put up a fight at all. I mean, at least Rapidash would have a fight chance, right?

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
  • I have to say, a Mega Rapidash would look pretty cool. I would imagine it having wings like a pegasus, but a secondary type will probably be unlikely since it's movepool is so shallow. But at least it will make the fiery horse look more majestic I guess.

As for stat boosts, I could likely see Speed getting boosted and maybe a huge boost to Sp. Attack so it can be on par with its Attack, sorta like what they did to Mega Charizard X. Possible abilities I don't know... maybe Sheer Force to make most of its Fire moves hit very hard albeit at the cost of not being able to burn? It would give it some well-deserved power.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • How about another topic havent seen one in a couple days :)
    If u could what fire type would gain an additional type?
    Im pretty sure we havent discussed this and if we have Wiicked can delete this post or edit it haha but my picks would be ninetales. Idk if id like the change but it would make more sense if ninetales was part psychic haha i mean it does learn psychic and its got that curse on its tales and its a great special attacker idk how to explain it but i feel that makes a good amount of sense :)

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    I have to say, a Mega Rapidash would look pretty cool. I would imagine it having wings like a pegasus, but a secondary type will probably be unlikely since it's movepool is so shallow. But at least it will make the fiery horse look more majestic I guess.

As for stat boosts, I could likely see Speed getting boosted and maybe a huge boost to Sp. Attack so it can be on par with its Attack, sorta like what they did to Mega Charizard X. Possible abilities I don't know... maybe Sheer Force to make most of its Fire moves hit very hard albeit at the cost of not being able to burn? It would give it some well-deserved power.

Ohhh, a mega Rapidash based off a pegasus would be amazing! I'm surprised the idea hasn't been done yet but it'd be perfect. Would that mean Rapidash would become a fire/flying though? They'd have to add some more flying moves then since normal horses don't really... well, float. Would it also be able to fly or would it not work as its mega is a temporary battle effect?

I think expanding its physical movepool would also be a smart idea. So giving it things like Wild Charge or new concepts such as a move called Gallop/Stampede? Would be interesting to see them to create such a move. :D

How about another topic havent seen one in a couple days :)
    If u could what fire type would gain an additional typing and why?
    This topic's been everywhere today, haha. But anyway, I think the fairly common answer would be either Ninetales or Charizard. As mentioned, Ninetales is a rather spirtual pokemon. I know nothing about its lore but it certainly reminds me of the nine tail fox from Naruto which was a terrible but powerful demon. However it was also quite strong spiritually so I associate them together to make Ninetales a psychic type. Furthermore, it has access to a heap of psychic moves so I don't see any reason why it couldn't get an additional typing!

As for Charizard, I think one of its mega forms is fire/dragon? But regardless, I feel like its original form would also do well with the typing. Its design is basically a dragon, after all. My only concern is that since Charizard is so popular, changing its typing would throw a load of fans off. Especially considering that its been a mascot, starter, anime character and is basically world recognised besides Pikachu. What do you guys think? :p

Wicked3DS

Years
  • If u could what fire type would gain an additional type?

I always cite Ninetales, it would make either a good Psychic or Ghost-type since it's very mysterious. Otherwise, I can't think of another that I would change.

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
  • I think darmanitan's standard form could use fighting type to take advantage of superpower or hammer arm, and it'd also add more contrast to its zen form.

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2016
    I think the Magmar evolutionary line could also be Dark type. Other than that (and adding Psychic to Ninetales) I'm not really sure what additional typings you could add to other Fire Pokemon

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    I agree! The fighting type would definitely make them feel a lot more like counterparts. :] One thing I've never understood though is how did Darmanitan-Zen happen? I've never looked at its backstory but it seems so drastically different from Darmanitan. I can make out some similar features but it's much smaller, almost like a Darumaka who either got possessed or inherited powers from some other source.

Honestly, Magmar as dark type is one thats never crossed my mind! May I ask why you chose that typing? It's not a bad idea but I've always seen the Magmar line as fire only. They don't seem to fit into any other types, after all. :p

Wicked3DS

Years
  • Well I'm excited. I have another Pokémon of the Week and this is the best one it could be:

Spoiler:

Charizard!

LeafGreen Pokédex: It spits fire that is hot enough to melt boulders. It may cause forest fires by blowing flames.

So...shouldn't Charizard's attacks be super effective of Rock-types? :P

Charizard is my all time favorite Pokémon. A lot of it is nostalgia most likely since it was the first Pokémon I ever used, but also since Fire-type is my favorite type of all and I really like dragons. I'm a huge fan of Mega Charizard X because it finally got its deserved Dragon-type, plus it looks totally awesome. It was also amazing to watch it in Pokémon Origins (if you haven't seen that, please go watch it, it's amazing).

Warspirit

be nice to nice ❤️
    Years
  • Name: Warspirit
    Pick two Fire-type Partner Pokémon: Charizard & Arcanine
    Reason(s) for liking Fire-types: First type I liked when I was a kid because I thought it was powerful and the best. I also like burning things (in games).
    Answer to current topic: I love Charizard. He happens to be my favorite Pokemon as well since I was younger because he's a dragon and a fire type! He's also cool in the Pokemon Mega Evolution Special and I can't wait for the next part to come out.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    Charizard! I've adored him since I was about four or five. Dragons were always amongst my top list of favourite creatures so you can probably imagine my reaction when I saw Ash's Charizard in the anime. In fact, the first glimpse I got of one was in the Mewtwo movie. As funny and misfortunate it seemed to be, (e.g. during Pikachu's Vacation, it gets its head stuck in a pipe and the others have to pull him out) his scenes felt like some of the most memorable. And there were definitely plenty of 'dem feels' moments from me when he finally departed Ash in the episode to Charizard's Valley. :(

I haven't actually seen much of Pokemon Origins apart from the first episode or so. But I prefer Charizard Y out of the two mega forms for looking more natural compared to its counterpart. I'm really happy they've given it two forms though, I couldn't of thought a better pokemon myself.

I have to say though, the anime was probably my main influence for liking Charizard. Eventually I would of encountered it in-game and fallen in love with its design anyway, but it wouldn't of been the same. And while it most certainly wasn't my first starter, its definitely one of my favourite fire types for the reasons above. :]

Name: Warspirit
    Reason(s) for liking Fire-types: First type I liked when I was a kid because I thought it was powerful and the best. I also like burning things (in games).
    Answer to current topic: I love Charizard. He happens to be my favorite Pokemon as well since I was younger because he's a dragon and a fire type! He's also cool in the Pokemon Mega Evolution Special and I can't wait for the next part to come out.

You joined at the right time then! Welcome to the club, Warspirit. :)

Wicked3DS

Years
  • Name: Warspirit

Welcome! What exactly is the Mega Evolution special? Charizard is my favorite for pretty much the exact reasons you stated.

Aslan, please go watch Pokémon Origins if you can, it's really good. Charizard is featured in it pretty prominently. The story is very cool too.

Back