• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Completed Event The Random Rumble

Years

The Random Rumble
    Get-Together 2023's One and Only Randbat Tournament

Do you like battling? Do you like having no clue what team you'll be battling with? Are you a fan of fun? Then the Random Rumble is the competitive Pokemon tournament for you. Over the course of the Get-Together, you can compete in assorted random battle formats to earn glory for your Professor's team.

How This Works

To join the Random Rumble, all you have to do is post down below that you're in. After that, it doesn't get much more complicated. It's just battles and scorekeeping.

Throughout the tournament's duration, you can battle anyone else who is participating in the Rumble and as many times as you like. It's a bit of a free-for-all. You can even use any random battle format over available on Smogon's main Showdown server for those battles. If you battle someone on the opposing team, you will earn 10 points for a victory and 5 points for a loss. If you battle someone on your own team, you will earn 5 points if you win and no points for losing.

Additionally, each day a special highlight format will be posted in this thread. If you win a battle in that special format, then you can add an additional five points the points you earn for winning.

Remember that consistency is key. Your best bet to achieve victory is to battle as much as you can - especially against members of the opposing team. You do need to keep track of your wins and losses and your point total in a single post in this thread and separated by when the special format changes though. Anything else will not be counted.

The Random Rumble will run through August 12th - August 27, 11:59 p.m. EST

Get-Together Points

Naturally, earning a lot of points in the tournament will lead to earning points for your team in the Get-Together as well. Anyone who participates should be able to contribute to their team's score while the three people who place highest will bring in a higher number of points for their team as shown below.

Participation (at least three battles): 10 pts
    Third Place: 50 pts
    Second Place: 100 pts
    First Place: 150 pts

In addition to the above, you may also earn GT points through the below Achievements.

The One to Beat: The battler with the most 6-0 wins at the end of the tournament (as long as they have five or more) will win 15 points for their team.
    Frenzied Battler: The first competitor to battle 10 different people in one day will earn an additional 10 points for their team.
    Bitter Rival: The participant with the most battles but the fewest against members of their own team will earn 10 points for their team.

Participants

Wolf
    5qwerty
    Aquacorde
    Arcaneum
    Vulpuz
    Panda280
    LeGoldenWolf

Important: Remember to ask for the opt-in Discord role (Random Rumble) so people looking for battles can easily contact you.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    I sign up too

Battles:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    hi meeee!!

coins: 135

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    The Random Rumble

Years
    It occurs to me that since all my battles would have to be documented anyway, there's no reason for me not to be able to participate in this. So I will.

Points Total: 295
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

budube

Hi I'm Cube
    Years
    • Age 24
    • She / They
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    Last edited:
    Years
    Team: Gears

Total points: 230 Points

Special Format - S/V Doubles Random
    Spoiler:

Special Format - Any Randoms (final day)
    Spoiler:

Non-Special Battles
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Panda280

Panda280
    Years
    Last edited:

LeGoldenWolf

LeGoldenWolf - The Goldenest Boi
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    team apricorns
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years

The Special formats for today are Computer Generated Teams and Gen 5 Random. This will change at roughly 12:00am EST tomorrow. You're getting some extra time and a second format to make up for me missing yesterday.

Back