• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[The Rant Thread] What pisses you off

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
  • Have you ever watched a show and cried as a top-tier waifu basically faded into the background? Or how about when a show has a kickass first episode, but the shitshow to follow doesn't compare?

Gripes. We all have 'em. So use this thread to vent. It doesn't have to be general, it could be about a specific show or a specific instance or a specific character, yadda yadda. It doesn't really matter, so long as you talk about what pisses you off.

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years
  • I'm gonna drop the bomb and say: ERASED (Boku Dake ga Inai Machi).
    It's a good show, but it could have been one of the best of its kind... and turned into a piece of sh*t.

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
    Years
  • When a show starts with characters goofing around and having a fun adventure only for the entire show to turn into an edgefest.

Years
  • a. When the Power of Friendship solves every problem b. When the manga-ka starts pulling back stories and plot points outta their ass c. When a good plot regresses into BEWBS

Years
  • Black Bullet

I'm not saying that I'm some sort of genius, but that show was insulting towards my intelligence.

Sefuree

Canada Goose
    Years
  • I'm gonna drop the bomb and say: ERASED (Boku Dake ga Inai Machi).
    It's a good show, but it could have been one of the best of its kind... and turned into a piece of sh*t.

How so?

I really enjoyed Erased however, I thought the ending was lacking.

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years
  • How so?

I really enjoyed Erased however, I thought the ending was lacking.

As Satoshi pointed out, the ending was really weak. The major flaws cannot be overlooked, at least not by me. I don't have a problem with anyone liking the show, it wasn't really bad anyways.

Niccia

Chocolate Witch
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2017
    I recently watched Code Geass, It had been in my list for years, tough It started very good by the half It became really boring and the characters didn't catch my atention anymore.

XSE

Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2016
    I'm gonna drop the bomb and say: ERASED (Boku Dake ga Inai Machi).
    I have to say, that one was pretty fantastic. What was your gripe on it, ie, what was it that made it a piece of sh*t?

EDIT: Just saw your reasoning. I could agree with that. The ending could have been better, but overall, I thought it was really engaging and had a good story. Most time traveling anything has plot holes.

I recently watched Code Geass, It had been in my list for years, tough It started very good by the half It became really boring and the characters didn't catch my atention anymore.
    Now that I think about it, the first half was definitely better.

WARNING: SPOILER!
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2019
    Anime/Manga Rant Thread!

As the title implies, this is a thread where we can rant about certain things about our favorite anime/manga, and just get them off our chests. They can range from: confusing plot points, both major and minor; specific genres that you necessarily can't wrap your head around; the studios making them; the artstyles themselves; or just the inability to find a good website to read from.

But if you're gonna talk about plot points and the like, please, for the life of you and I, add spoilers. And let's try to keep bashing to a minimum, plz k thnx.

-I can never find a good manga site to read from. The last time I tried reading online I was trying to read Berserk, but almost every site with English translations had poor grammar. The one site I did manage to find a good translation on also happened to be difficult to navigate and read.

-I have the distinct feeling that, since after Neon Genesis Evangelion, Studio Gainax has been doing nothing but pumping out strange, nonsensical anime, like it's a little competition to see if they can outdo FLCL in pure mindfuckery (not that I can blame them, but come on, it's been like, twenty years, or something).

-Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable
    Spoiler:

-Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders
    Spoiler:

-Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stone Ocean
    Spoiler:

-Naruto
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
    Years
  • Welcome to JoJo friend. The whole franchise is full with Deus Ex Machina and plotholes, but at least the show tried fixing some plotholes. JoJo was always style over substance, having good stand designs and interesting fights over good plot and character development. If anything, most characters in JoJo are one dimensional and cartoonish. Look at Jotaro, he's a Mary Sue and that's all there is to his character. Or Dio who's just evil.

Years
  • 1 - Why would you put mangos in a stream? Torrent it and use an app or tablet/e-reader. I'd suggest mangameeya.

2 - FLCL and End of Evangelion are rarely called anything buy mindfucks but are they really? Characters get mindfucked but the viewer shouldn't be. My guess is that the sensory overloads cause people to miss details which in turn leave people lost.

Gainax started as they intended to go on.

3 - It just works.

4 - Kishi stopped giving a fuck years ago. Wouldn't be surprised if the only end game pairings he actually planned were for Naruto and Shikamaru. Others were done so that the sequel has characters. As for Chouji, he probably had the pick of all of the non uciha obsessed women after the war. Picked well.

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2019
    Welcome to JoJo friend. The whole franchise is full with Deus Ex Machina and plotholes, but at least the show tried fixing some plotholes. JoJo was always style over substance, having good stand designs and interesting fights over good plot and character development. If anything, most characters in JoJo are one dimensional and cartoonish. Look at Jotaro, he's a Mary Sue and that's all there is to his character. Or Dio who's just evil.

I don't know why I expect logic in a meme farm like Jojo.

Back