• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Retaliators and The Downfall of Team Rocket [M] (OOC/SU)

Days
    • they/he
    • Seen May 6, 2024
    is there anyone else we're waiting for in the IC posts?
    I don't think so? All of the people that are still active have posted at least once, and I think a few of the replies are waiting on seeing what happens with the boss/Damon

saniachan

Second Violinist
    Years
  • @Kung Fu Ferret

First off, friendly reminder that it was Shiron (Kaede's Vulpix) who poked Eric on his face, not Kaede. The latter did contemplate on actually doing it if Shiron's earlier poke didn't get through.

Second, I hope this would make sense for Kaede's home region...

Ransei: A Brief Overview

tumblr-nycd715-Pio1u9gd7xo1-400.jpg

In the region of Ransei, it has been at least decades since a pair of twins from Aurora (I just can't decide) took on the notorious warlord Nobunaga, united what was then seventeen kingdoms, and brought peace to the region. These kingdoms were:
    • Aurora, the Normal-type kingdom
    • Fontaine, the Water-type kingdom
    • Greenleaf, the Grass-type kingdom
    • Ignis, the Fire-type kingdom
    • Violight, the Electric-type kingdom
    • Chrysalia, the Bug-type kingdom
    • Pugilis, the Fighting-type kingdom
    • Terrera, the Ground-type kingdom
    • Illusio, the Psychic-type kingdom
    • Yaksha, the Dark-type kingdom
    • Cragspur, the Rock-type kingdom
    • Viperia, the Poison-type kingdom
    • Avia, the Flying-type kingdom
    • Spectra, the Ghost-type kingdom
    • Valora, the Steel-type kingdom
    • Nixtorm, the Ice-type kingdom
    • Dragnor, the Dragon-type kingdom
    Since then, an eighteenth kingdom was discovered -- the Fairy-type kingdom of Hikari located at the islands off the coast of Valora, north from Chrysalia and Illusio. It was eventually followed by modernization of the existing kingdoms, all while retaining the vibes of their respective types.

Among the citizens of Ransei, there are people who can form special bonds (i.e. links) with Pokemon. Such people are called "warriors". They typically fight like trainers but only with one Pokemon per battle. Why, people of Ransei also deem rangers as warriors despite their different approach from both trainers and actual warriors.

Speaking of rangers, they have only four bases across Ransei, each covering several kingdoms. These ranger bases' locations are:
    • Aurora base (covering kingdoms of Aurora, Ignis, Greenleaf, and Fontaine)
    • Chrysalia base (covering kingdoms of Violight, Chrysalia, Pugilis, and Illusio)
    • Viperia base (covering kingdoms of Terrera, Cragspur, Avia, Viperia, and Yaksha)
    • Dragnor base (covering kingdoms of Spectra, Valora, Hikari, Nixtorm, and Dragnor)

Years
  • I don't know to what extent Zoroark can take the appearance of other Pokémon, or even humans in this RP, but since she did talk, that would be something. Now, with Gracidea being both a Psychic Pokémon and a private detective, I guess she felt something off, and knows there is often more than meets the eye. She will be more curious and less surprised.

Years
    • Seen today
    I don't know to what extent Zoroark can take the appearance of other Pokémon, or even humans in this RP, but since she did talk, that would be something. Now, with Gracidea being both a Psychic Pokémon and a private detective, I guess she felt something off, and knows there is often more than meets the eye. She will be more curious and less surprised.

Technically she's a hybrid, it's what allows her to kinda walk both paths, just her retaliator form is a Zoroark, so everyone may think she was actually a zoroark, which will lead to some explaining in the near future. but yea, being a psychic type, I imagine she'd feel something's off about Christina, since also Christina is a 'ghost type' due to her hybridization, but makes sense. will be exciting to have Gracidea have some closure on a cold case involving Team Rocket in Hoenn.

saniachan

Second Violinist
    Years
  • @Kung Fu Ferret

My recent post aside, here's a friendly reminder that Eric still has these to respond to:
    After noticing all the sudden commotion, Marcus began to question to himself if this was the best idea after all... But deciding that the alturnitive might take too long, he finally speaks up.

"Hey bossman? Uh, might I have a word with you in private? There's a misunderstanding that needs to be cleared up."
    "That said, Damon-sama," she turned back to Eric. Now that Keaton wanted to have a private talk with the boss, Kaede had her partner's earlier idea in mind: "Would you mind us practicing at the holo-deck or something while you and Keaton-san are having your chat? I'm sure everyone could use a quick practice with our... Aura Suits, was it?"
    Experiencing these kind of triggers would put Damon, and everyone else, in danger if it happened on the battlefield. Perhaps it would be best for the boss to manage things from a distance, rather than be on the front lines. "Do you plan to fight with us, Sir? I would hate to put you in a situation that may be...retraumatizing."
    "of course no one has control over flashbacks, but I do agree with Tal, none of us would want to put you in a situation that would be equally or even more traumatizing, if it's more comfortable for you to coordinate everything from here or from a remote location that might be more suitable for the moment... it's obvious what happened is still... quite fresh"

Years
    • Seen today
    Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    I'd say yes

actually speaking of Eric Knowing Christina's true appearance... how do we want to play that he knows? like did they meet before hand or was it in a report from a couple of unnamed operatives that crossed his desk, along with some photographs and description of her and what happened to her and some of the others like her, like police report style?

Back