• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PokéCommunity Daily: The Return of MaM?

Should Make-a-Mega return?

• Yes

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, do Alola forms instead.

Votes: 5 50.0%

• Total voters
Years
  • So, a while back I worked on a regular series called Make-a-Mega. The way this worked, was that as a community we created a Mega Evolution for a Pokemon that doesn't yet have one. Then I wrote an analysis of that Mega for the Daily comparing it to its base form and looking at its strengths and weaknesses.

This thread is asking, would you like to see the return of Make-a-Mega? Or perhaps you'd rather we made Alolan variants?

Examples:

https://daily.pokecommunity.com/2016/05/28/make-a-mega-luxray/
    https://daily.pokecommunity.com/2016/09/02/make-mega-weezing/

Years
  • If only one then alola forms. Tbh we have discussed lots(though not enough) about mega evolution.

If we do both we can do it on alternate weeks.

Sirfetch’d

I think Alolan formes would be more fun and more relevant to the generation. You'd have more options as you could edit typings and movepools completely, but coming up with an entire movepool could be a bit too much work.

I really want one or both to return though. I enjoyed MaM a lot!

Years
  • Well we can start with Alolan forms and then maybe start doing some Megas too eventually. Not at the same time, just alternating every time.

I suppose I'll focus on whichever proves more popular and then just throw the odd one in of the other sometimes.

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    I suppose I'll focus on whichever proves more popular and then just throw the odd one in of the other sometimes.

Definitely start with Alolan forms since they're more relevant as Chase said. I imagine this will be more popular once the Pokémon are actually available on the Battle Server soon (tm).

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Maybe nominate Pokemon first then determine whether a Mega or a form would be most suitable for the winning Pokemon. Something like Banette could be a given a new form.

Years
  • Maybe nominate Pokemon first then determine whether a Mega or a form would be most suitable for the winning Pokemon. Something like Banette could be a given a new form.

I feel like adding too many stages to this would just make things convoluted. Especially because an Alola-form will require moveset changes which already adds an additional week.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    I feel like adding too many stages to this would just make things convoluted. Especially because an Alola-form will require moveset changes which already adds an additional week.
    True. Could alternate between the two after the other is completed.

Sirfetch’d

Yeah I think alternating is the best way to go about this. At least initially. After a few you might be able to see which gets the most attention/is more engaging and just go with that one.

Sirfetch’d

Looks like both options are currently tied. At least there are no votes for the "no" option haha.

Back