• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Strongest Pokemon

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2011
    After being 1 hour on the internet trying to really find out which Pokemon is the strongest of them all, finally I've got the answer. After a very good Pokemon Database Site which makes easier to compare Pokemons by giving you a total overall rating based on the Pokemons attributes (ATT, DEF, SP.ATK, Speed, etc.). So I compared an average 600+ overall-rated Pokemons and the result is this:

The BEST and STRONGEST Pokemon of all 649 known Pokemons is:

1. Arceus with 720 Overall rating
    -----------------------------------------
    2. Mewtwo & Lugia both scoring 680 Overall Rating
    3. Groudon & Kyogre both scoring 670 Overall Rating

Source: pokemondb.net/pokedex/national

Minishcap

Fecaloma
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2012
    It is not just about Overall Rating, it is also about distribution of the stats, types and movepools.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • And what do you want to say by this?
    While Arceus has a high BST, versatility with its type and movepool, it can't really do everything. Sometimes, 120 offenses isn't enough to break through walls. 120 defenses and HP can take plenty of hits, but not too many if it lacks Recover. Some Pokemon, like Excadrill, Lugia, Cresselia, Alakazam and Blissey can hit harder and take hits better than Arceus can; there are also Pokemon that can outspeed what Arceus can't, like Jolteon.

Just because a Pokemon doesn't have a high BST doesn't mean that it's invincible. You have to take its movepool in account as well. For the sake of examples, take Vanilluxe or Arcanine. They have high BSTs, but they have shallow offensive movepools (though Arcanine's is a bit wider).

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • After arguing with many people, I've learned that the strongest Pokemon is based on opinion. In my opinion, the strongest Pokemon ever is Arceus followed by Giratina, my opinion maybe right or it maybe wrong.

:t354:TG

marcc5m

what
    Years
  • There is no "strongest Pokemon". Aside from stats, movepools and abilities have to be taken into consideration. I mean, look at Slaking. Amazing attack stat, wide movepool, meh type but horrible ability.

Years
    • Seen Aug 1, 2011
    As Firework said,it's more of personal experience and taste,I for example Haunter is stronger than Dragonite because once I could beat 2 Dragonites in a row using it.if you like a pokemon and build experiences it will be stronger to you

Azure Wish

Haha. No.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2012
    Shuckle
    Its all up to personal opinion, really (as stated before). I would say Palkia is the strongest, followed by Arceus, Kyogre, etc.

miju-kun

soaring
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2014
    I agree, it's all in personal experience. Example, a lvl. 100 Magikarp could beat a lvl. 100 Arceus. which may be unlikely lol

Back