• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Sun or The Moon?

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    I like night-themed stuff more so if I had to pick just one I'd go for Moon. But really, I'll probably just get both so it won't matter. ;)

Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2017
    Since the only info we have right now is the name, and I have to choose by the name only, then it's definitely Pokemon Sun, because... praise the sun!
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2023
    I'll probably end up getting both. I like the sun and I like the moon. So....can't really say I have a preference. And if the version exclusive for Sun ends up being based off of Amaterasu as some have speculated then I am FO SHO getting Sun.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
    I'll be continuing my trend on getting the second pair in the version pairings so I'll be going with Moon. I'm hoping that the Sun and Moon version mascots would truly live up to their thematic things and me being more of the "night time" kind of guy, I'll be liking some of that lunar moonlight.

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
    I'll be getting Pokemon Moon, in all probability. It appeals more to me aesthetically

This is basically my justification for getting Moon as well.

Who knows though, when we know more about the version differences I may get Sun but it's looking like Moon atm.

Gligar

Bruhfication Sayan
    Years
    Depends on which legendary has a better design, but as it stands, I'm picking Moon.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Getting both, for sure. I always try to get both unless there are other good games coming out around the same time. Then I only get one.

But then I eventually end up getting the other one too. So if that's the case, I'll get Moon first and Sun later.

Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2016
    It depends on what the exclusives are. I am so far going to get Moon, which could change depending on the differences.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Too early to say.

On one hand I've always alternated between the primary and secondary version ever since the first games. Which would mean I'd be getting Moon.

but on the other hand, I love the colour orange....so that makes me want to go for the Sun version.

It'll probably depend on the mascot legendary and whether there are any exclusive locations/NPCs for each version. (regular Pokemon are no big deal since you can get them off the gts easily)

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
    I'm getting Moon here since I have friends who are getting Sun. That way, I'm the "cool guy" among my circle of 3ds maniacs since I got AS when they went ham on OR.

I might change my option if the version legendary mascot of Moon does not fit my taste though.

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    Leaning towards Sun, but I have such a hard time playing anything that isn't a remake of the original GB/GBC/GBA games that I'm iffy buying it at all.

Leviathan

[span="font-family:ubuntu; color: whitesmoke; padd
    Years
    Moon gets my vote. I'm curious to know if, given the title names, will this influence actual gameplay too? Like, less daylight hours and such? Would be a nice twist.

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
    Years
    I'm gonna wait until they've revealed the version mascots before I decide which version to get like I do with every gen (except the 6th gen obviously).

Back