• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The Super Secret Bases Discussion Thread

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
    I totally want to discuss about Secret Bases, but I see no threads for it, so...

Note: This thread is not for posting your QR codes. Posting QR Codes goes over here.

I'm pretty sure that during the first week of ORAS's release, we pretty much have stormed through the game just to reclaim our old bases (for old players) or picking on a good location (for new players as well as those trying out something new).

And then our money ended up getting wasted on a lot of decoration just to spruce them up for sharing (I just blew nearly 200k upon arriving at Lilycove myself). There are lots of decorations available, both old as well as new.

There is also the ability to recruit your own pals to your base, creating your own gym.

So with that brief and lame introduction, let's discuss about the Super Secret Bases!

Last edited:
    Years
    I got to Lilycove on Saturday and pretty much sold most of my items that I had duplicates of so I could go to the sale. So much money wasted since I've been using small bases :\

Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2015
    I was actually planning on making this thread, myself! I didn't get around to it due to re-starting my game and, in turn, having to wait to unlock Secret Bases again. I'm glad to see you've made it, instead!

Small question, does every interior type have a name? I ask 'cause there are quite a couple of different ones and it would make it so much easier to talk about them and our bases if we had a proper name to call them by than to always have to describe 'em and all.

Candy

Years
    I got to Lilycove on Saturday and pretty much sold most of my items that I had duplicates of so I could go to the sale. So much money wasted since I've been using small bases :\

Same here. Got there just in time for the clearance sale. My wallet was not happy about it.

But hey, at least our bases looks snazzy now. Plus, we get slides and breakable doors! Personal favorite decorations of mine from back at my RSE days.

Small question, does every interior type have a name? I ask 'cause there are quite a couple of different ones and it would make it so much easier to talk about them and our bases if we had a proper name to call them by than to always have to describe 'em and all.

Well, in the meantime, we can always call the bases that are simillar in layout to the ones at RSE by these. There's still the ones with cliffs though.

Also, I finally noticed why I couldn't find my old base: I recalled that my base had a hole on it, and after some investigation I remembered that it was the Omicron base at route 115, which I remembered requiring the Mach Bike to access. :/

Plus the Omicron lookalike doesn't have a hole anymore. Got me confused for a moment when I saw it. It was the right layout but it lacked the hole.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
    Im currently doing the main playthrough and taking my team then ill do post storyline then contests then spend all my money and time making a gym of my super secret base haha

Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2015
    Well, in the meantime, we can always call the bases that are simillar in layout to the ones at RSE by these. There's still the ones with cliffs though.

That is extremely helpful, actually. Surprised I didn't know the originals had been categorized and named. Thanks!

I shall definitely talk more about bases and the like here once I reach them on this second playthrough.

Candy

Years
    I'm reviving my own thread

I like how whenever you turn on the internet connections you can get the Secret Bases of the passerbys... Got confused for a bit before I noticed what happened. Free flags, but at the same time I have to delete Secret Bases to make way for the scanned ones. :v

Anyway, anyone here has already obtained any of the Regi dolls? It's said that you need a special QR code in order to access the Special Secret Base so you could obtain it.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    Where are your bases located? Mine is right to the north of Mossdeep City, you need Surf to get to it but I really like it <3 I haven't decorated that much yet, mostly because I wanted to beat the game first, but now that I have done that I plan to revamp my base when I have time! Honestly, I haven't spent much time at other bases except for the 3-Blissey base :P

blue

gucci
    Years
    I loooove the Secret Bases addition, it was something I barely used in the originals so it's kind of a completely new experience for me. Albiet I've only created one so far (Route 112) with very few items, I just really like the whole sharing concept behind it all.

Candy

Years
    My base is located in Route 115, requiring Surf and the Mach Bike. It's up at the QR Code thread if anyone wants to check it out.

Anyway, the QR Codes of Masuda, Morimoto and Shigeru are already floating around the internet. Posting here in case anyone wants to know.

A few days ago, I've found an image containing the three. Although, I have no idea on where to post it since they're QR codes, but at the same time they're QR codes for the event door of Mossdeep City, so they're kind of special.

Although, I've tested the two of them. Shigeru gave me a Regice doll (got it today btw), Morimoto didn't give me anything special even after waiting a day or two. As for Masuda, I'm having trouble scanning it so I have nothing to report.

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
    Years
    My base is located in Route 115, requiring Surf and the Mach Bike. It's up at the QR Code thread if anyone wants to check it out.

Anyway, the QR Codes of Masuda, Morimoto and Shigeru are already floating around the internet. Posting here in case anyone wants to know.

A few days ago, I've found an image containing the three. Although, I have no idea on where to post it since they're QR codes, but at the same time they're QR codes for the event door of Mossdeep City, so they're kind of special.

Although, I've tested the two of them. Shigeru gave me a Regice doll (got it today btw), Morimoto didn't give me anything special even after waiting a day or two. As for Masuda, I'm having trouble scanning it so I have nothing to report.

Funny, my base is located on the same route and has the same requirements. I would not be surprised if it was in the same location. So it would be best if you and I don't go for each other's QR codes since that would be a problem.

EagleVision1999

Commander
    Years
    My secret base is located at the end of route 110, on a small island close to the shore. It's in a tree. It's not all that big (I'm a little sad that all the really big bases are in mountains or require the acro bike...), but the layout looks nice and I like how bright the secret bases in trees are. The cave ones just don't look as inviting in my opinion, although I have seen some lovely ones.
    At first I thought having a bigger base would enable players to use more decorations, but then I read somewhere that you cannot use more than 20 items regardless of size. Thoughts?

KostK2Boss

Europe Confirmed!!!
    Years
    The 20-decorations limit is okay in my opinion. A lot of the cooler-looking decorations take up a lot of space so you wouldn't be able to fit more anyway. I also like how they made the bases that are easier to access (like those that are right next to a city or a Fly location) have boring shapes (usually they're just a square room) and the ones with the cooler shapes usually require an HM or a Bike to access. It actually motivates you to go out of your way to find the most inaccessible location, just to see what the inside will look like.
    Anyway, getting a wooden board to put over the holes is still ridiculous. Grinding soot to get the glass table is also ridiculous, but it's a little easier this time around thanks to automatic Repel-spraying. The 3 pieces of "modern art" that you get from the artist at the museum are also kinda useless, but I don't mind that because I know they made them horrible on purpose, so that it feels like the artist is ripping you off.
    My absolute favorite decoration is the Time-Travel Award. Transfering my Swampert across 4 games finally paid off!

Candy

Years
    At first I thought having a bigger base would enable players to use more decorations, but then I read somewhere that you cannot use more than 20 items regardless of size. Thoughts?

I thought that by increasing our flag count we can add more decorations, but I was mistaken as well. 20 is a lot, but personally I want 25 haha. 25 is more than enough.

Also, too bad we don't get to decorate our room as well.

Darth Arceus

Ace Trainer
    Years
    How are trainer teams decided? Are they simply the first three Pokémon in a player's party when streetpassing or QR code creation occur? Is there a way to choose from the battle box?

Back