• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Sweet (but inedible) Milotic

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
    ~Ask Candy Anything~

I am also known as
    Star_light | Illusione-Tempus | Starlight | Candela | Candy | Milotic

Hey there folks of PC! Welcome to this lovely AMA thread, Candy's version! :D

Introduction
    Alright, introduction, yeah. My first name is Candella. No really, it is. I can provide you my birth certificate (after censoring everything else) if you need proof. I go as Illusione-Tempus most of the time, as it is my main online screen name. My friends normally call me Candy, since it goes well with my real name anyway haha.

I'm currently majoring Pharmacy at the University of Indonesia. At first I just went because I like Chemistry, and Pharmacy is what you can say applied Chemistry. However, I might be failing a bit right now since I didn't expect the first years to be completely filled with Organic Chemistry, a subject which I failed a lot back at High School, whoops. The second year looks much better haha. Regardless, Science is always a fun subject to touch upon, and even if I get failing grades now maybe I'll bring a change in the medical world. Who knows?

I'm more of a wanderer in PC, but my home is normally The Underground. I frequently visit WoPC, A&M as well as The Treehouse. I also visit the Pokemon sections if only for the battle server and the challenges (which I never seem to attend aside from events lol sorry :3).

Hobbies
    Well, I took up drawing as a hobby back when I was in Junior High, alongside a bit of Photoshop as well as Pokemon spriting back when it was still popular. Writing was since I was still in Elementary. Although, right now neither of them are being touched upon nowadays since I don't have the time to do so hahaha. It was different back at High School, I used to write so much stuff that my file books and folders where I keep my character designs and story plans became so thick.

Interests
    Aside from the obvious Pokemon, watching anime and reading manga is a huge interest to me. I might be a little late since I just started going into anime back at High School but I've been reading since Junior High and I can pretty much guarantee a manga library at home lol. Video games are one thing, but I normally stick with PC games and 3DS games since I don't have the money to buy consoles.

Also, Homestuck. I blame Gunner.

Feel free to ask me anything~

Last edited:

dad

big poppa
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 13, 2018
    how do you like pharmacy so far? i'm really considering studying it in college.

Years
    • she/her
    • home
    • Seen Aug 16, 2023
    whoa, i studied Pharmacy for 1.5 years before switching to Medicine, haha c: it's cool to see others interested in it as well!

1. Who is your (current) husbando?
    2. What's your favourite Pokémon?
    3. What is your favourite non-Pokémon 3DS game?
    4. What's your favourite song at the moment?

Candy

Years
    So many people :D

how do you like pharmacy so far? i'm really considering studying it in college.

I want to make a really long reply about how amazing pharmacy really is, but everything went down the drain when I think about the lab manager of the pharmaceutical lab at my campus that practically demotivates me a lot during the past 6 months. Such a terrible asshole. But eh, gotta deal with him for the next 3-4 years. >_>

But anyway, so far I've only been studying for one year, but I can tell you that it's really interesting. There's more to medicine than meets the eye. Studying on how drugs work and how it interacts with the body, the side effects as well as how to gain the most positive effects, which components not to mix when making a prescription to prevent unwanted reactions which may decrease a drug's effectiveness. Pharmacy isn't limited to drugs as well, since cosmetics are also part of it. I can't really inform you much considering that I'm still at the basics though, but if you're interested on those subjects then I'd say go for it. :3

whoa, i studied Pharmacy for 1.5 years before switching to Medicine, haha c: it's cool to see others interested in it as well!

2. What's your favourite Pokémon?
    3. What is your favourite non-Pokémon 3DS game?
    4. What's your favourite song at the moment?

There's a difference? :o

1. Hhhgh you just gotta ask me this question, huh? It's a tie between Keima Katsuragi from The World God only Knows and Shiroe from Log Horizon, can't seem to put any of them into a position higher than the other. Gotta love magnificent glasses bastards. <3

2. Milotic. No other Pokemon has ever managed to top Milotic since the Gen 3 days. :D

3. ERK! I literally have no other games than Pokemon games hahaha. I really want a lot of other games but they're so expensive here like almost half of my monthly budget. Like, the first ever non-Pokemon game I'll be getting is KH 3D for my upcoming birthday from a friend that doesn't want to play it anymore. :'D

4. I haven't been listening to music these days since I haven't been getting new songs since... last year? Damn, that's a long time.

But right now Kekkai Sensen's OP "Hello World" by Bump of Chicken is constantly playing in my head. <3

What do you like about the name Candella? Do you think it's unique?

Certainly an annoying name when it comes to people constantly misspelling and mispronouncing that I have to keep on fixing it, but otherwise I like it. It's a really unique name, especially since it's taken from a unit in Physics, a subject that I love. :D

Candy-chan <3

How's the douijin you were working on for the next Comic Frontier? 8D

This

Kenchiin-san <3

Haven't been working on it, too busy argh. Gotta wait for June-July, at least it's a good thing that the ComiFuro is at August. ;_;

And man why are you two curious on my husbando lol.

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years
    Good luck with that, hopefully we will be able to see some of your art as well :)

And I wanted to see if you could choose between Shiroe and Keima LOL!

Certainly an annoying name when it comes to people constantly misspelling and mispronouncing that I have to keep on fixing it, but otherwise I like it. It's a really unique name, especially since it's taken from a unit in Physics, a subject that I love. :D

I'm curious about this, which would be a misspelling or mispronunciation of your name?

Candy

Years
    Good luck with that, hopefully we will be able to see some of your art as well :)

And I wanted to see if you could choose between Shiroe and Keima LOL!

I'm curious about this, which would be a misspelling or mispronunciation of your name?

Lol maybe someday, not posting doujins on the internet 'cause I want people to buy my stuff. :P

Pfft, alright, you asked for it... I'll go with Keima.

Misspellings... Rarely it'll go "Chandella" or "Chandela" if anyone interprets the pronunciation that way, more often they'll interpret it as "Kandela". Either that or they'll spell it "Candela" with a single "l". For mispronunciations... https://vocaroo.com/i/s1TocmNrdL1H

It's better to convey it in voice than in text lol.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    What got you interested in drawing (when you had the time to so)?

Have you ever thought about finding time to start drawing again?

What was your favorite thing to draw?

Candy

Years
    What got you interested in drawing (when you had the time to so)?

Have you ever thought about finding time to start drawing again?

What was your favorite thing to draw?

1) Hmm... I've never really thought about how I got interested in the first place. I think it was back when I was active in spriting, and because of that frequent the art sections on SPPf a lot (I was an SPPf lurker back then). Probably the thought that I want to be able to draw like them was my driving force.

2) Aside from the occasional doodles here and there, I'm not sure when will I produce a serious art. Probably during the summer break in between summer classes 'cause I have merchandise to produce for the booth I'll be running on the Comic Frontier next August haha.

3) Milotic! I'm being truthful and say that I doodle and draw Milotic a lot. If I have 1 USD for every time I draw Milotic, I'd be filthy rich lol.

Actual answer: Pokemon. Probably since I was a kid I've been drawing animals a lot and I get comfortable with Pokemon as a result. Human characters are fun to draw as well, don't get me wrong. C:

Years
    • she/her
    • home
    • Seen Aug 16, 2023
    There's a difference? :o

haha, Pharmacy is what you're doing, and Medicine is what i'm doing now, which is where you study to become a doctor. both part of medical sciences, but very different points of view i've noticed! i hope you can keep your horrid lab manager at bay though, it'd be a shame to stop studying in such an interesting field because of him D:

i also have some follow-up questions for you!

1. Do you aim towards working as a pharmacist or more towards pharmaceutical research in your studies?
    2. Which is your favourite anime of the current season?
    3. Which manga do you own the most volumes of?
    4. Do you have any plans for the summer?

Candy

Years
    haha, Pharmacy is what you're doing, and Medicine is what i'm doing now, which is where you study to become a doctor. both part of medical sciences, but very different points of view i've noticed! i hope you can keep your horrid lab manager at bay though, it'd be a shame to stop studying in such an interesting field because of him D:

i also have some follow-up questions for you!

1. Do you aim towards working as a pharmacist or more towards pharmaceutical research in your studies?
    2. Which is your favourite anime of the current season?
    3. Which manga do you own the most volumes of?
    4. Do you have any plans for the summer?

Ah okay, interesting to know. And yeah, hopefully I can steer clear out of trouble with him. ._.

1. Research is more of my thing but I'm still not too sure on which direction I'll go towards to. Pharmacy has a wide array of choices after all. :D

2. I can only say for up to episode 6 right now since I haven't gone back home from my relative's place to focus on my exams. But so far, I think Kekkai Sensen is dominating the top slot, followed by Punchline. They both managed to intrigue me so much that I tend to go back and rewatch the previous episodes. They're that good.

3. I had to take out my manga spreadsheet to check lol. Hmm... It goes to Detective Conan apparently, even though I haven't completed the full series yet lol. 62 volumes of Conan goodness. I need to find the other volumes sooner or later haha. As much as Conan is really getting repetitive, it's still part of my childhood and I grew up with Conan, so it wouldn't make sense if I don't.

4. I'd like to call it the June-August break since Indonesia doesn't have summer lol. Probably taking Summer classes (June-July so I called it so) and preparing for the ComiFuro are probably two.

Also, fasting. Good thing there's no summer.

Candy

Years
    Arx said:
    How many people already made a pun on your nickname?

Idk, I never bothered counting anyway. If you got a nickname like this you'd expect a lot of sweet related pun incoming. More irl obviously.

Bardothren said:
    Hello Candy! Figuratively speaking, I thought I'd figuratively drop some figurative questions onto your figurative plate and figuratively check to see how many figurative times I can figuratively use the word figuratively in a literal sentence.

Okay, enough with the terrible attempt at something resembling humor and on with the questions!

If you could send one piece of technology back a hundred years to amaze the world, what would it be?
    Nothing, 'cause I'm sane enough not to destroy history as well as the present day lol

What would you least want to see in your birthday cake?
    Food wise, I don't want to see any form of durian on my cake. Have you ever smelled those things? Ugh.

Anything wise, a live spider lol

Who do you think is going to die next in GoT?
    I don't watch GoT

How has your experience with Mafia games been?
    I've been having fun the entire time I've been participating the mafia games currently ongoing here. Trying to overanalyze the clues encrypted in the posts as well as watching the behavior of other members and see who is most likely to be the suspicious one.

Outside of PC I play this browser game called Town of Salem. You should check it out sometimes

What's your favorite thread on PC?
    Good question. I honestly don't have a specific thread that I can say is my favorite, and DCCs don't really apply so... probably Office Plant Klippy

You should go to the 2nd page to know exactly what the thread is about lol

Is there anyone you wouldn't mind loading into a cannon and firing at the sun? This can apply to both real-world and fictional characters.
    Probably not. I'm too kind of a person to even do such a thing-

Wait, can we put in multiple people? 'cause that Islamic extremist group that kidnapped school girls in Nigeria last year are definitely on the queue for me. I think 5778 K of sun burns isn't enough to punish them, actually. They should burn inside the core instead.

Two people walk into a bar. What happens next?
    They sit down and order a drink, probably? And then get drunk and started a fight with the bartender, get kicked out and had to carry each other home?

If you had to write a story, what would it be about and who would be your main character?
    A really long fantasy story that in the beginning started out simple then the plot started to become so complicated and branches out into multiple outcomes that I'll probably make a visual novel instead lol. And I already got some characters, just need to design the guys lol.

What is your least favorite red vegetable?
    Well I've only tasted red pepper and tomatoes and I like them both so idk? I like tomatoes more than red pepper though

And for my closing question, what do you know about Edward Nygma?
    Literally nothing

I hope you have as much fun answering these questions as I had making them!

Answers in bold. C:

Years
    Given we both have something in common, which is emotional stress I wanted to ask you this. What was the worst emotional breakdown you ever had?

Venitardus

Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2018
    Have you ever played skyrim? Do you use any mods for it or no?

Xbox or PlayStation?

Have you ever played Diablo or doom on PC?

Candy

Years
    What was your favorite/most memorable PC experience so far?

Hmmm... I honestly don't know. I mean, a year is already a long time but I haven't found any experience what you can call memorable...

...aside from the April Fool's Slowpoke skin. That got me not visiting the forums that day lol.

Given we both have something in common, which is emotional stress I wanted to ask you this. What was the worst emotional breakdown you ever had?

I should say my most recent one. I honestly don't want to talk about the details, but it was occupied with at least 3 weeks of curling up in a ball, blank expressions and such irl. Outside I put on a cheerful face, but whenever I went back to my room I could only cuddle in my blanket and basically not doing anything. I usually come home every week while I'm in college (as long as there's no assignments that requires the books I kept at my room such), but those 3 weeks I didn't come home. It was my finals, I mean, so yeah I stayed back to study, but half of those 3 weeks was a lot of emotions poured into my pillow, sending IMs to myself and the like.

I had been doing really good at high school honestly, and I managed to not have a breakdown so often back then, and even then it wasn't this bad. Idk, my parents had always said that I have trouble in adjusting myself in a new environment, and I guess that's part of why I was stressed that whole time. I mean, I'm really prone to stress, and that more often than not leads me to emotional breakdowns, and from there even more stress. I've been trying to change but it's still hard for me to do so.

I'm honestly feeling a little bit better but I'm still a tad bit emotionally-stressed right now. Again, you might be seeing me as the cheerful person as I post here, but it's mostly a farce right now.

Have you ever played skyrim? Do you use any mods for it or no?

Xbox or PlayStation?

Have you ever played Diablo or doom on PC?

No, I've never played Skyrim, even when I share my brother's library on Steam and can play on our computer or his laptop any given time. Idk, I might play it one day, but it's... not my type of game, I mean. :T

Er... I'm more of a PlayStation kid myself, so PlayStation? Honestly, the last console I have is a PS2 so idk about the whole Xbox and PlayStation argument haha.

I've heard of both but alas, I've never played it. I really want to though. :(

Give me three words that describe you. 8)

Cries a lot

Uh... there you go?

Well I don't really mind if it's due to emotional stuff, but I cry a lot, most of them simply because I am being pressured by someone else. Like, I can sense that someone is pressuring me, and my tear ducts just go off without any prior warning. It goes to the point that almost everybody telling me not to cry when I'm being talked to 1v1, even though I actually didn't want to. I've been trying to it since I was at Junior High but I'm still doing it.

Ok wow this answer starts to look long thanks to the explanation, but yeah, that's how I would describe myself lol.

Back