• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The User Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I want to show some love to Nina!

If everyone doesn't already know, Nina is running an outstanding Visual Design course in A&D (and it's never too late to sign up!) and it's amazing. I mean, I'd like to consider myself pretty well acquainted with art. I've worked in the hobbyist and professional spheres for a while now. And even in the first lesson I was pushed and challenged in a way that really taught me something. Seriously not only is the class fantastic but Nina is such an awesome person and teacher and everyone here should get to know her because you'll not only have a great time but you'll learn something too! :))

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 5, 2024
    On Aiden's behalf, I would like this moment to thank each and every one of you in the RPT skype chat who has joined the call throughout this momentous challenge(You don't have to be on the page to be in our hearts). I would like to thank the Shaks( I helped :P), Lord Sephears, the Aeternums, the under_scores, the Ices and anyone else who joined to keep this call running in barren straights and helped me(Aiden) achieve this three day call(72 whole hours, I'm pretty sure it spanned over 4 different days).
    Thank you!!!
    I would also like to thank my mum, my school, my boss and my cat (Don't know why he's thanking these guys...they didnt even join the call >.>). Thank you all
    On a side note (This is Shak speaking now)
    This call also birthed some great moments including:
    The debut of Ollie612
    The removal and re-addition of me to Himika's **** list (Despite the name and premise it's actually quite cosy on there)
    Ollie, Ice, and Aiden got pro on rocket league (Whatever that even means)
    gimmepie, Infinite, aeternum and Ice Goddess spoke...crazy stuff
    The singing...all the singing. We were blessed with the angelic tones of Ice, Nagi, Aiden, under_score and Lord Sephear. Lucifer_san even bestowed upon us his free-styling prowess! It was fresh (-_- Why do I even choose to embarrass myself by using such an adjective) Seriously though it was very good.
    Redux. gimmepies Sinnoh based journey RP was put up and has gotten a great following...Join it, idc who you are.
    And finally, the big man himself...the Mr. aeternum. This man gave us his time, gave us his sleep. He was the hero we needed and arrived at the most desperate time during the call. He was a true hero. aeternum for admin
    72:45:00
    In the name of the Blarzi, and of the Mccityre and of all Foxrally's Ryans. Amen

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    The biggest of hugs to Dragon who not only cheered me up when I fell into a dark pit, but also made my other friends go and comfort me as well. I might not have said much there and then, but I appreciate it endlessly. You are the kindest spirit, Shawn. And the others too, of course <3

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    Haven't done this properly yet so shoutout to Castform for being such a great friend! Thanks for always listening whenever I feel down in the dumps or when I'm close to biting someone's head off. You've always put up with my problems, rants or worries so thank you infinitely for that. I know you regret some things in the past but please don't let them affect how you see yourself. You're absolutely brilliant and one of the most kind-hearted people I've met.

Shoutout to Achromatic for bringing so much life to wherever he goes and for being a cool person! I don't know you very well compared to other people but the amount of dedication you put into the PC Youtube Channel and PGC is amazing.

Can't say it enough but shoutout to Dragon or Shawn for being absolutely incredible. Happy birthday! You've opened my eyes on the kindness people can have and I really admire and love you as a friend.

I'll come back with more later so BYE

Sirfetch’d

Aslan is super sweet and one of my closest and oldest friends here on PC. Everyone should get to know her because she is that awesome and is always there if you need her! <3

Also a special shoutout to everyone who participated in the PCL auction. It was a huge success and this season is going to be a blast!

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
    tiiime for some more shoutouts!

If I was a region, these people would be my gym leaders:

Noa-tan - So you'd be the *clang!* steel gym leader Jasmine. You're kind, generous, and sympathetic towards pokemon, and people! Being my amazing pair aside, I'm really glad that you're here. I really do think you're one of my good friends here in PC, because of your genuine kindness towards others, and pretty much that desire to help people when they're down... you have so many qualities I admire. That's how I feel about you; you're absolutely wonderful just the way you are, and we always have good times with you, laughing, chatting, it's just really easy to relax with you! That's why you're my pair, I do love you much, and I hope that our friendship continues forever, yeah?

LeviathanX - You're firey to the core. That's why you're Flannery. My adorable twin! I gotta say, you're the one person who I'd share anything with, and not feel guilty. You're also passionate towards the people you adore, and I admire that! And I really enjoy our conversations; we like the same things, we share the same laughter, we have similar personalities... that's why you're my true twin. And a true best friend. Thanks for the friendship love; I look forward to chatting more soon. <33

Pikachu - My adorable grass leader Erika, it's you, Rika! She's my favourite gym leader for a reason, I think you're an outstanding friend who tends to look out for the needs of others, while being helpful at the same time. What I like about you and her is that you consider everyone to be precious, and you always had a keen interest on what everyone had to say; you don't ignore anyone, and you respect their own individuality. I think that's something that I'm proud to aspire to, and I hope that everyone can lead from your example! I'm glad that you're here with us, and I really do enjoy our beautiful friendship. One reason why I wake up on mornings is the satisfaction on seeing your smiling self~ <33

flight - Sabrina! You're my Sabrina. Intelligent, and straightforward. You've always said that you're always looking to make an impact on someone's life. Well, here's one. My life. You're really adorable, and I enjoy our conversations each other. When I think of you, I think of puppies! But still, I always admire the things you've done for PC; when I had no one to help host the things that I was hosting for PGC that one time, it was you who gladly lent me a helping hand! When I was overloaded with pokeggs, again, you were always there to help. You've assisted your passion for PGC, you're a humble force on TWL, and heck, PC wouldn't be the same without you! I want you to know that if no one else, I appreciate for what you've done for PC, and I don't think you should give up anytime soon. If I had to describe PC as a sundae, you'd be the humble cherry on top.

Anna - Anna! My precious Misty; another best friend of mine! Like Misty, you're honest and strong, but also cute and trustworthy! I was half as smart as you, I probably would have easier times. But yeah, we've met.. how many years ago? I never regretted it ever since. Something about you just attracts me to you, and sometimes it's like we're two peas in a pod! Anyway, I really appreciate the things you do for PC, especially on WoPC! You show loads of initiative which is something that everyone should aspire to. You work hard, and yet, you're always so kind to me.. one of my biggest inspirations. I hope we're friends for life, or at least, as long as we're here. <33

Yoshikko - Ahh, my Clair; I've said how I feel about you a billion times Yohyoh, but tl;dr, you're my favourite person in the world rn. Love you dearly, and I look forward to our conversations!

I'm running low on time here so I'll leave it at that; but I promise to put in more people soon!

noa

sleeping cutie
    Years
    Dragon, you are so wonderful. You're a kind and gentle spirit. I'm honored to be your pair and friend, and I'm certain that everyone who knows you is honored to be friends with someone so amazing. I can't think of anyone more suitable to modding the welcome lounge than you, you welcome everyone with open arms and serve as PC's first impression, a test that you pass with flying colors. Stay amazing, and may our friendship never die!

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    tiiime for some more shoutouts!

If I was a region, these people would be my gym leaders:

Noa-tan - So you'd be the *clang!* steel gym leader Jasmine. You're kind, generous, and sympathetic towards pokemon, and people! Being my amazing pair aside, I'm really glad that you're here. I really do think you're one of my good friends here in PC, because of your genuine kindness towards others, and pretty much that desire to help people when they're down... you have so many qualities I admire. That's how I feel about you; you're absolutely wonderful just the way you are, and we always have good times with you, laughing, chatting, it's just really easy to relax with you! That's why you're my pair, I do love you much, and I hope that our friendship continues forever, yeah?

LeviathanX - You're firey to the core. That's why you're Flannery. My adorable twin! I gotta say, you're the one person who I'd share anything with, and not feel guilty. You're also passionate towards the people you adore, and I admire that! And I really enjoy our conversations; we like the same things, we share the same laughter, we have similar personalities... that's why you're my true twin. And a true best friend. Thanks for the friendship love; I look forward to chatting more soon. <33

Pikachu - My adorable grass leader Erika, it's you, Rika! She's my favourite gym leader for a reason, I think you're an outstanding friend who tends to look out for the needs of others, while being helpful at the same time. What I like about you and her is that you consider everyone to be precious, and you always had a keen interest on what everyone had to say; you don't ignore anyone, and you respect their own individuality. I think that's something that I'm proud to aspire to, and I hope that everyone can lead from your example! I'm glad that you're here with us, and I really do enjoy our beautiful friendship. One reason why I wake up on mornings is the satisfaction on seeing your smiling self~ <33

flight - Sabrina! You're my Sabrina. Intelligent, and straightforward. You've always said that you're always looking to make an impact on someone's life. Well, here's one. My life. You're really adorable, and I enjoy our conversations each other. When I think of you, I think of puppies! But still, I always admire the things you've done for PC; when I had no one to help host the things that I was hosting for PGC that one time, it was you who gladly lent me a helping hand! When I was overloaded with pokeggs, again, you were always there to help. You've assisted your passion for PGC, you're a humble force on TWL, and heck, PC wouldn't be the same without you! I want you to know that if no one else, I appreciate for what you've done for PC, and I don't think you should give up anytime soon. If I had to describe PC as a sundae, you'd be the humble cherry on top.

Anna - Anna! My precious Misty; another best friend of mine! Like Misty, you're honest and strong, but also cute and trustworthy! I was half as smart as you, I probably would have easier times. But yeah, we've met.. how many years ago? I never regretted it ever since. Something about you just attracts me to you, and sometimes it's like we're two peas in a pod! Anyway, I really appreciate the things you do for PC, especially on WoPC! You show loads of initiative which is something that everyone should aspire to. You work hard, and yet, you're always so kind to me.. one of my biggest inspirations. I hope we're friends for life, or at least, as long as we're here. <33

Yoshikko - Ahh, my Clair; I've said how I feel about you a billion times Yohyoh, but tl;dr, you're my favourite person in the world rn. Love you dearly, and I look forward to our conversations!

I'm running low on time here so I'll leave it at that; but I promise to put in more people soon!
    shawn i can't really express how grateful i am to always be in your thoughts like that (and honestly you made me clair....it made my day) i would totally be a gymleader for you and kick everyone's butt!!! ;_; ilu

Reactions: noa

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
    More Gym Leader Shoutouts!

Lisia - Ahh Lisia, you're not a gym leader, but you're still a very important and lovely character! I do love our playing video games together, and those relaxing days where we just hangout at the PC DJ Room to listen to music. I can still remember when you first joined; I sensed something really special about you! Anyway, we're practically twins. We love the same franchises and we never run out of things to talk about. I'm sure that our trio will be back again someday but for now, I really like having you around. Keep having that big heart of yours; love you a lot~ <33

Aslan - daaaw you're cute, just like Skyla here! We don't talk much 1 on 1 these days, but I remember the days where we used to fan over Akame ga Kill, and League of Legends! I'm really glad to have a friend like you; you're really kind, compassionate, and really mature for your age! I really do hope that we can have more chats and battles together soon. My experience on PC would definitely wouldn't be the same without you!

Crystal berry - Yeahhh so you're excitable and energetic, just like good ol' Korrina here! But yeah, sometimes I can't get a good read on you.. sometimes I feel you don't really like me as much as you claim, but it's cool! I do like you all the same, and you've been a really great presence on the server. You've been pretty nice to others, and your activity is pretty outstanding. So do keep it up, and I do encourage you to keep up the bubbly presence!

Archy - Tank you for having a great presence on the TWL section! It really does warm my heart looking to see that people really do care about the Welcome Lounge after all, and I really do like your dedication to welcome the new users and get to know them! You are as friendly and nice as you are outgoing, and you're also a really good mod on the battle server, so, I hope that you will keep up the good work, and I hope that I can hear more from you again soon!

Hikamaru - Like Archy, thank you for being one of the very few regulars in the Welcome Lounge. Actually, you've been a regular there for years now, and I don't think people give you enough credit for it, so, lemme be the first to say, thank you for all you've done there! And don't give up. I really do think that you will rise into a really amazing member of this community no matter what anyone else says! I do appreciate your commitment, ad I look forward to what you will do next!

Ludger - All hail the fabulous Elesa! We've been chatting a lot recently, and I really do love our conversations; we've never really bonded like this before, and its been very fun! You've become one of my favourite people to be with, and as a smod, I think you're one of the best in here! Thanks for all you've done for PC, and thanks for being a really great friend; you're really lovely! Hope we can RP together soon!!

Sopheria - You have really great and friendly qualities, just like Iris here! I think you're a really great mod, and a pretty cool friend to be with! You're one of the friendliest people I know and I hope that I can be just as nice as you someday, aaah. Plus like Ludger, it's really cool being friends with a another fan of the Tales series! Always awesome discussing the franchise, ahaha. At any rate, I'm very thankful for our friendship, and I look forward on working with you more. c:

Sukyandaru - We haven't talked much yet, but, I think you're a wonderfully sweet person. I think you're a little shy around me.. but that's cool. I think you have the potential to do really wonderful things here in PC, so, I do hope you'll stick around some more as you have the potential to give smiles to people's faces!

Again, short on time here, but special shoutouts too (which I'll go in detail in a later post, perhaps):

Morkula
    wolf
    Sheep
    Castform
    Alby
    Meloetta
    Ice
    Zach
    Christos
    Wicked
    Pretty much everyone in the roleplay section!

Oh and the fantastic people on the battle server:
    Achromatic
    Melody (welcome back!)
    Synerjee
    Sangy (Renee)
    Syn
    punkysaur
    Slate
    Spaгtacus
    Christos
    Zeffy
    Omicron
    Peitharchia
    AN7HONY
    Nido

With much more soon to come!!

Last edited:
    Years
    Hikamaru - Like Archy, thank you for being one of the very few regulars in the Welcome Lounge. Actually, you've been a regular there for years now, and I don't think people give you enough credit for it, so, lemme be the first to say, thank you for all you've done there! And don't give up. I really do think that you will rise into a really amazing member of this community no matter what anyone else says! I do appreciate your commitment, ad I look forward to what you will do next!

Awww thanks bud... nice choice representing me as Marlon there, since he is my fave Gym Leader after all

But yes, I feel like my years of activity in TWL is something that doesn't seem to get acknowledged much so it's nice that you are one of the few people who actually takes notice of it, and I do feel proud for all those new guys who (hopefully) made themselves at home when I first said hello to them. I also love how you are determined to see me grow into an amazing and helpful person, and I hope to still remain an active face there for years to come.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    Bac/Bax/Bacchus/Chessy/whatever random thing i feel like calling you:
    my son you are wonderful and fun and smart and interesting and I love doing peojects with you and bouncing ideas and aaa I hope I have more time for all that real soon!

Shawn my love you are my outlet, my conscience, my balance. I'm so lucky to have had you as such a close friend for so many years now <3 And more to come!

Years
    This next one doesn't go out to one person, but rather a group of them. The Social Media Team.

While being the newest official usergroup, they have done so much effort to get our threads and latest topics heard to those outside of PC and I feel like some may have been drawn into joining by reading the content. The team is going to get even bigger in the future, especially when the next batch of new members get revealed.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I want to shout out that I appreciate Lord Sephear always being kind and fun, and for putting up with my weirdness 8)

Sephear

Believe in the you that believes in cheese
    Years
    I think it's about time I show a bit of love for the wonderful people of the RPT. Especially those who hang out around the backstage with me and help keep me sane with their special blend of insanity! :'D The humor, nonsense, spontaneous stories, and delightfully painful puns never end. And you can count on smiles all around all the time, ready to banish your dumb frown if you dare consider having one, and replace it with an ear-to-ear grin. They all warm my heart~

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back