• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: the water closet closet

Status
Not open for further replies.

pkmin3033

Give one a try if you're curious! Even if students are missing it's still going to be a lot safer than actually going to a class, and a good teacher makes the lesson that much better and easier to sit through...at least, that was always my experience when I went to school. I've always considered myself very fortunate that I had so many good teachers who made topics engaging and interesting, and if you're not keen on school, it's worth trying any alternative to see if you find that more enjoyable.

Not being able to stay in front of a screen might not be too much of a problem - you should really be taking a 5-10 minute break every hour anyway to rest your eyes. At least, that's what is recommended here, and it sounds sensible if you're struggling. I don't think anyone would begrudge you that...do your lessons last longer than an hour anyway?

Years
    Yes, you need to rest every hour, it's generally recommended by those who study ergonomics.

You can google it for examples if you want to create a more comfortable space :)

Years
    • Seen today
    When I feel like I need a break during a zoom class I mute my microphone and switch the camera off for a bit.

Inky

:pleading_face:
    Years
    • he / him
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    one of my lecturers insists we have cameras on at all times and it is not good times

Years
    I heard kids have to have their cameras on while taking tests too... Perhaps to prevent cheating? I'm not sure if it would be very helpful.

Years
    Okay, maybe i'll request the zoom classes offered for the upcoming weeks or...idk, we'll see.

I changed my siggy and avatar btw. Thought it needed a change. Idk why i'm taking a liking to Grimmsnarl all of the sudden.

Years
    It's fun to change themes from time to time. I used to change avatar/sig and even profile designs a lot the first year I was here in 2015 but now I'm lazy and flairs are hard.

I wonder how kids would stay safe and still learn if coronavirus happened before most (but not all) people had accessible internet.

Last edited:
    Years
    Misinfo wouldn't spread as quickly, that's for sure.
    But then again regular info wouldn't either unless they were watching the news/reading the paper.

Plus there's loads of sites and people advertising selling masks and other things, which is another way the web is useful.

pkmin3033

I'm not so sure the internet isn't the cause of more misinformation than not...it's difficult to really know what to believe on the internet, since anyone can say just about anything, and news sites aren't always the most reliable of places since they always seem to have political agendas. Although so do newspapers and TV stations, so they're not alone there.

Still, basic internet safety is enough for most I think.

Years
    Misinfo has always been around for sure, it's just the internet makes it easier for people to spread it.

Years
    Okay. So I tried the zoom classes. I'll be honest. It was nice seeing everyone again. I'm glad I did it. I will continue to do them to prevent my mind from rotting. Lol. I am really hyper. I shouldn't have had coffee. WEEEEE!

In other news, the mini choir might be getting back together (I wish it was the band but hey, what can you do), but because it's under new management...we'll see. ;D

Years
    Nice!
    Last time I voted was 2015, where I voted for Trudeau.
    They had another election recently but I didn't get the election sheet T_T I would have voted Singh

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back