• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The Wonders of Wonder Trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

AshtheIVth

I want Kingdom Hearts 3 now!!
Years
  • Ok guys, here's my story of using the Wonder Trade. First off, i think it is awesome, this may be because i have had pretty good luck with it, or maybe i like the thought of a pokemon roulette wheel lol. I am here to say that more people should use wonder trade, but i beg of you please try to send something decent out! I am not asking you to drop in Xerneas, or Mewtwo, or any other legendary you have, personally i wouldnt. But, I have gotten a charmander, squirtle, ralts w/pokerus, zorua, a mudkip, kangaskhan, 2 togepis (yes 2), and many from other countries. WARNING that i did not get all these right away, i have done wonder trade alot, and as such any common pkmn i have received (bunnelby, fletchinder, zigzagoon, etc.) I released them if they didnt have HA's. So my opinion is that wonder trade is awesome, i encourage others to do it, but some advice:
    1-have patience, you dont normally get anything good right away.
    2-please, please release any pathetic pkmn you get, if we all do it we up the chance of getting something better.
    3-Put in something good, i feel like wonder trade has its own karma, i have not put in a bunnelby and gotten something better lol.

Years
  • I got a cyndaquill for a Scyther. Then I traded some cyndaquills to get more of them out there for a shiny Bulbasaur and a tootadile. which was pretty good to get. other then that I barely get anything good.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Do you ever wonder if any of the pokemon you wonder traded became permanent members of anyones team?

I was just thinking it would be pretty cool if there was some way to know how much people use the pokemon you send to them.

Mesmerella

Preschooler
    Years
  • Since I'm working on completing my Pokedex, I'm breeding a lot of Pokemon for the sole purpose of cataloging, so I trade all of my babies on Wonder Trade. I've had some really good trades, including a Zygarde and shiny Goldeen. C:

BigSteve

Pokemon Bright Gold
    Years
  • I got a level 100 Sunflora in a Master Ball off WT
    Traded for a legit (according to lack of perfect IVs and bilbapedia info) event Reshiram in a Cherish ball.

Years
  • While I was tossing some 5 iv vulpix into wonder trade, I managed to receive some pretty awesome Pokemon. Most of them were from Japanese players: 5 iv adamant charmander, 4 iv adamant honedge, 5 iv adamant growlithe and shiny espeon ! I couldn't believe the shiny though. I felt incredibly guilty receiving it. Just keep telling myself it was cloned...

Leo the Lion

Too many sexy people in this world, all of them fi
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    I was trading away some of the Magician Fennekins that are from my breeding project of MM-ing a shiny one.

In one of those trades, I've managed to get myself a Mudkip out of it!

Oh, YOU gave me that fennekin? Or maybe its a coincidence... I was just trading random breeded mudkipz... I got a lvl 60 Abomasnow...

Mimikyu402

Flareon Master
    Years
  • You cant send mega stones on WT i know since I have tried but recently I have got a few Poke bank bred starters and lots of japanese weedles

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Is Zizagoon actually that common in Wonder Trade? Surprisingly, I've managed to receive three of them in a row today. Not that I have anything against them, but it could be pretty annoying to end up with the same kind of Pokémon like that. x_x

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2014
    I've received charmanders protean froakies a chimchar with iron fists Beldum munchlax and lots of other pokemon that I didn't have

Years
  • So far all wonder trade is good for is giving me japanese pokes for MM hatching and giving me pokemon I haven't caught yet but they're useless to me. I've been sending out a bunch of froakies though

Aello

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
  • Do you ever wonder if any of the pokemon you wonder traded became permanent members of anyones team?

I was just thinking it would be pretty cool if there was some way to know how much people use the pokemon you send to them.

I've never added any to my battling team, but I got a Japanese Fletchinder with Flame Body that I use regularly while I'm breeding/ leveling up low lvl pokes. There's nothing special about him, but I like him anyway.

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2016
    I Wonder Trade boxes of shinies that are 100% legit to make others' day better! :) I also Wonder Trade females in Apricorn Balls with good IVs that I am breeding or other goodies. I pretty much release everything I get in return since I have no use for it unless it's extraordinary good.

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
  • What WT'd twice, an HA Goomy, and an HA Treeko... and.. both trades.. I got Quacklin'. WHAT. XD

EDIT: WTd another HA Treeko, got a japanese Honedge, retraded it, got a Japanese FEMALE Minccino with Skill Link! 8O

Last edited:
    Years
  • Some of my most recent pulls from Wonder Trade have been pretty s***ty, but I did get a Japanese Female Heracross with 31 Defense and Speed. That's decent, I guess.

The best thing I got from Wonder Trade was probably a 31/31/x/x/31/31 Japanese female Absol with Baton Pass, Play Rough and Megahorn, although close mention goes to a 31/31/31/x/31/x Charmander with three Egg Moves. And a Japanese 31/31/31/31/x/31 Adamant Ralts at that.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Most valuable Pokémon I've ever gotten from Wonder Trade would be Adamant Charmeleon. Luckily, it's got perfect IVs, too! Might start training it someday.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back