• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Y?ko Region (Revamped!)

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
  • The Yōko Region (Revamped!)

The Yōko Region
    該地區洋子

Backstory
    背景故事

The young warrior had finally awaken. He hadn't been so far from the village before his long journey of enlightenment, but he found himself strolling through the farmlands, to crossing rivers, and even to scaling mountains. He had very little resources and worn out clothes, practically the only thing keeping him strong was his loyal partner, Eevee. Eevee had helped him kept his master awake from his weakness, as the duo pressed on. Soon the clear night sky got cloudy, and rain began to pour, followed up by lighting. If they weren't careful, the wind would cause rock avalanches, and ultimately tie into their own downfall. The rain wasn't letting up. But they had to keep going, for his road to enlightenment was ahead.

The only moment the young warrior could recall before being passed out: they soon sought their sight upon ancient scriptures in a peculiar rock formation. That was when they saw it -- the thunder and lighting were closer and louder, as he soon saw what it seemed like a gigantic rainbow winged bird. There was then a gigantic cry from the bird, as it then released its powerful sacred flame in the distance, almost making the duo lose their balance, as the rocks crumbled. He didn't know where the bird was aiming towards, but as soon as he knew it, the bird flapped its monstrous wings and flew off towards the distance. The warrior couldn't keep his eyes open as he went to a state of unconsciousness then, the only thing he remembered, the rainbow feathers from the bird glowing once again anew.

The Yōko Region
    該地區洋子

Reminiscent of a feudal Chinese society, The Yōko Region had always admired tradition above all else. It's on a fairly large island separating it from the rest of the world's ideals and traditions, as the people in the region always stuck to their own beliefs. Lakes and small rivers greatly inhibit this region, with the towns and cities built around most of them. Their towns and cities are generally fairly big, housing loads of shops, and trading opportunities for tourists, and traders from other regions to enjoy. As such, The Yōko Region truly flourished into a society that is popular and well known worldwide, as it's sole purpose was to help others. This wouldn't be possible without their royal court, led by their benevolent Queen, and her two right hand, and left hand vessels.

Yōko Tradition
    傳統洋子

Dating from hundreds of years ago, the people in the Yōko region always admired the pokemon Eevee and the pokemon Eevee can evolve into. That's because long ago, the region of Yōko was barren. It was believed that a great hero used the power of Eevee and the members of the Eevee evolution family used their powers to summon a great, legendary rainbow bird pokemon in order to make the land flourish with vegetation, water, and thus, more pokemon were able to make Yōko their habitat. So, it's believed that owning and Eevee, or any branch family member would make a person very lucky in their life. not everyone believed this tale in Yōko, but Eevee was still beloved by all the same, as proven by their annual Eevee festivals, celebrating Eevee and its branch pokemon.

The people in the region always lived simple lives, whether it be working in their farmland, being together with their own family and pokemon, or working alongside their trade market. It was simple, but its simplicity was beloved by all. Yōko is a neutral region, so it does not participate in wars or other battles, but prefers to resolve their problems and differences peacefully, in arts of many competitions and games. So every couple of months or so, they invite many other regions to participate in their events. This was called, the Elemental Olympics.

The women in the region are seen wearing kimonos most of the time, and the men wore their chinese traditional-styled jackets but are able to wear their modernized clothing just the same. The region only resembled a feudal chinese society see, so while the citizens admired tradition, they are still knowledgeable about modernized technology. Some people admired modern technology, others feared it... mostly only older people are shaking their heads at the modernities, while the younger generation adored technology in order to connect and interact with others, even to improve their daily lives.

The Yōko Pokedex
    該圖鑑洋子

The Yōko League
    該聯盟洋子

The league works a bit differently than normal affairs: their towns/cities hold a battle master who gives symbols to pokemon trainers who successfully defeat them. There are 5 medallions in all:

The Fire symbol, or the medallion of the flames. This symbol represents the sacred flames that re-shape the world, as well as the dangerous flames that burns down anything in sight. It's been told that those who has this medallion, gains the ability to control the powerful flames.

The Wood symbol, or the medallion of the trees. This symbols represents the spirits who created plant and forest life, who brought their green fields. A rumor tells that those who possessed this medallion, gains eternal life.

The Water symbol, or the medallion of the rivers. This symbol represents the flowing water of the lakes, rivers, and oceans, and how they help each living being sustain their own life. Although it's not been confirmed, those who gets this medallion has the power to heal an injured soul.

The Earth symbol, or the medallion of life. This symbol represents the land, and unparalleled determination. Only the most disciplined and responsible of people can hold this symbol.

The Metal symbol, or the Medallion of Energy. Spiritual energy is what this symbol represents. This energy is more recognized by shamans, who use this magic to unravel the unknown, and control things to their will.

The Royal Court

The Royal court members are basically the governors of the region. They watch over everything to protect and help nourish the kingdom. Led by their Queen, of course.

1. Queen Lynn (Dragon's character)

The Battle Masters

As mentioned, the Battle Masters are the most powerful trainers in the region, arguably. Why do people travel to defeat them? Money, fame, experience, and so on. Those who gain all 5 symbols are considered the Elite of the Elite.

1. ????
    2. ????
    3. ????
    4. ????
    5. ????

Notable Trainers and Citizens

Trainers

-
    -

Citizens

Do you want to join The Yōko Region? Any one can apply! Fill out the form below:

For Trainers:
    HTML:
    [b]Name:[/b] 
    [b]Trainer Class:[/b] 
    [b]Pokémon:[/b] (feel free to use whichever Pokémon you like, except legendaries)
    [b]Additional Details:[/b]

For Battle Masters:
    HTML:
    [b]Which Symbol:[/b] 
    [b]Pokémon:[/b] (note, water symbol = water pokemon, metal symbol = steel pokemon, earth symbol = ground pokemon, etc, etc. You get the idea? But you don't have to use only monotype pokemon. You can say, use at least 3 monotype pokemon, and 3 wildcards.)
    [b]Additional Details:[/b]

For Citizens:
    HTML:
    [b]Occupation:[/b] 
    [b]Additional Details:[/b] (think, what makes you imporant/special?)

ghostly

cross my heart. ♫
    Years
  • The Y?ko Region (Revamped!)
    (her bust size is bigger than what the picture portrays)

Trainer Class: Head Inquisitor (The Queen's Left Hand)
    Additional Details: [will edit]
    Pokemon:

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • The Y?ko Region (Revamped!)
    (her bust size is bigger than what the picture portrays)

Trainer Class: Head Inquisitor (The Queen's Left Hand)
    Additional Details: [will edit]
    Pokemon:

Welcome back!

If you're wondering why I've revamped this thread, I just want this to be more than an Event Hub. xD

We'll get more active. o:

ghostly

cross my heart. ♫
    Years
  • Welcome back!

If you're wondering why I've revamped this thread, I just want this to be more than an Event Hub. xD

We'll get more active. o:

Thank yeh~ I'm back!! <3

Oh yeah, I read it in skype. :'D I'm a-okay with it!

That's awesome! I promise to get more active too. (Especially on Skype. xD)

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • Thank yeh~ I'm back!! <3

Oh yeah, I read it in skype. :'D I'm a-okay with it!

That's awesome! I promise to get more active too. (Especially on Skype. xD)

So, our first order of business...

...What should our towns & cities be like? We should develop names and a general structure for them. o:

ghostly

cross my heart. ♫
    Years
  • So, our first order of business...

...What should our towns & cities be like? We should develop names and a general structure for them. o:

I have ideas but they're small ideas.

1.) A town where they practice traditions, I don't know what kind of traditions but traditions that you can't practice at different towns since this particular town has more of a knowledge and proper guidance of said traditions. Or else it'll be more difficult.

2.) A town that is known to where they conduct festivals and the likes, where you can find all sorts of vendors. All sorts of entertainment can be found there.

3.) A town that is more known to harvest all kinds of fruits, vegetables, etc.. Known for trading and farming.

4.) A town where there are sets of battle shops, known to train harder than normal, martial arts and all the kinds.

5.) A town known for an famous inn, there's shrines to visit and pay respect to. A town where many travelers visit to rest and relax.

I'm still thinking of some ideas, maybe add a few more or fuse two of the suggested towns together or some sort. Can't think of names yet. xD

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • bringing back Shi Bao as the Queen's Right Hand/Economic Advisor; will pull details up later!

& obvs market towns are my jam

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Shi Bao Tián

Economic Advisor to Queen Lynn
    Shi Bao was born into the extended Royal Family of Yōko. Given a fast-paced and extensive education suitable to her status, she quickly found her interests piqued by the economics of the region. On completing her standard education, she was then invited to join the Royal Economists, initially as an apprentice. She moved up through the ranks over a few years and when the Economic Advisor died, she was chosen to take his place.

Shi Bao is twenty years old with dark hair and eyes. She is small in stature but not slim. She has never been outside of the palace grounds. She is okay with technology, but only really knows enough to do what she needs to do. She has a Aurian e-pal named Harper. Though not truly a trainer, she cares for two Pokemon: a Glaceon gifted to her as an Eevee upon her graduation and a Froslass, gifted to her as a Snorunt by Harper. Her relationship with the Head Inquisitor is a topic of much speculation.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Looks interesting. I'll join.

Name: Logan, unless I need to go with mudkip.
    Which Symbol: Water!
    Pokémon: (I'm assuming we can't use legends?)

Additional Details: Likes almost all pokemon, but is very interested in the sheer number of water types and their lifestyles.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Towns:
    an isolated town where they do not particularly heed the queen and have a very different local culture

a town famous for its winter sports and festivals

a dual town where on one side of the river everything is perfectly and precisely zen-styled and the people get offended if travelers even accidentally mess with their intricate pattens PLUS their cross-river neighbors who maintain that zen reflects the world and that every change in their gardens is meaningful (their side is messy at a casual glance)

a scholarly town, full of historical records and written knowledge. home of the best schools in the region outside of the Palace.

& new year thing: CAN IT BE LIKE THE END OF MULAN

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    I have been thinking of joining a region for a while and really like this one. I'm completely new to this so I will try my best; I've been thinking of what to write since yesterday haha.

Name: Luke
    Trainer Class: Beginning Trainer
    Pokémon: (feel free to use whichever Pokémon you like, except legendaries)

Additional Details: Luke is a 12 year old kid setting out on his Pokemon journey. Orphaned as a child he has no recollection of his parents and has lived in the woods for many years where he stumbled across an Eevee at an early age. Luke did not know much about Pokemon, but one day as he was crying and he remembered the Evee looking at him. The Eevee would then become his friend, and would end up taking care of Luke. Luke and the Eevee would grow up together, and through friendship the Eevee would evolve into an Umbreon. Throughout his journey Luke came across a Pikachu, Ghastly and Hoot-hoot. Luke had no Pokeballs and did not catch these Pokemon; they simply liked Luke and were drawn to him. Luke does not know why, and does not know why everything seems so dark around him. Umbreon resonates a dark aura, but has always brought good luck to Luke. Ha has had a crappy life, but is an ambitious kid. He hopes one day to become the ultimate Pokemon master and to bring new ideas to the Pokemon world.

Luke had been wondering in the forest for all of his life and decided to start his adventure. Right before he walked out of the forest, he noticed the most beautiful Cherry blossom trees he had ever seen. Luke was ecstatic, he did not know it yet but he would enter the Yoko region.

Picture to come in the future. I hope I did it right. So uh, do we like talk abut suggestions of towns then make the world like that?

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years
  • Name: Jeff Stareen
    Trainer Class: Veteran
    Pokémon:

Additional Details: After years of doing the same old handiwork of carpentry, Jeff has realized he doesn't want to live any longer without some excitement in his life. Bringing along his trusty sidekick Pokemon, he looks towards traveling the region and living out his dream of being a worldclass trainer in the Yoko region.

noa

sleeping cutie
    Years
  • Name: Kiri Dietrich
    Trainer Class: Lass? She doesn't really have a specialty.
    Pokémon:
    All beloved Pokemon since childhood, and she's raised them herself. Beedrill is the ace.
    Additional Details: A young girl, 16 years of age. She left her quiet mountainside town search for bigger and better opportunities in the Yōko Region. Though her parents are deeply worried because she is flighty and often gets herself into trouble, they are confident that her strong and loyal Pokemon will protect her. She has many motivations for leaving, from wanting to better herself as a person and trainer, as well as wanting to help her Froslass meet more of her species.

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • Looks interesting. I'll join.

Name: Logan, unless I need to go with mudkip.
    Which Symbol: Water!
    Pokémon: (I'm assuming we can't use legends?)

Additional Details: Likes almost all pokemon, but is very interested in the sheer number of water types and their lifestyles.

Ah cool, welcome!

Towns:
    an isolated town where they do not particularly heed the queen and have a very different local culture

a town famous for its winter sports and festivals

a dual town where on one side of the river everything is perfectly and precisely zen-styled and the people get offended if travelers even accidentally mess with their intricate pattens PLUS their cross-river neighbors who maintain that zen reflects the world and that every change in their gardens is meaningful (their side is messy at a casual glance)

a scholarly town, full of historical records and written knowledge. home of the best schools in the region outside of the Palace.

& new year thing: CAN IT BE LIKE THE END OF MULAN

Oooh splendid ideas!

For the names, I was thinking of the towns named after the astral signs (ie Aries, Taurus, Gemini, etc).

I have been thinking of joining a region for a while and really like this one. I'm completely new to this so I will try my best; I've been thinking of what to write since yesterday haha.

Name: Luke
    Trainer Class: Beginning Trainer
    Pokémon: (feel free to use whichever Pokémon you like, except legendaries)

Additional Details: Luke is a 12 year old kid setting out on his Pokemon journey. Orphaned as a child he has no recollection of his parents and has lived in the woods for many years where he stumbled across an Eevee at an early age. Luke did not know much about Pokemon, but one day as he was crying and he remembered the Evee looking at him. The Eevee would then become his friend, and would end up taking care of Luke. Luke and the Eevee would grow up together, and through friendship the Eevee would evolve into an Umbreon. Throughout his journey Luke came across a Pikachu, Ghastly and Hoot-hoot. Luke had no Pokeballs and did not catch these Pokemon; they simply liked Luke and were drawn to him. Luke does not know why, and does not know why everything seems so dark around him. Umbreon resonates a dark aura, but has always brought good luck to Luke. Ha has had a crappy life, but is an ambitious kid. He hopes one day to become the ultimate Pokemon master and to bring new ideas to the Pokemon world.

Luke had been wondering in the forest for all of his life and decided to start his adventure. Right before he walked out of the forest, he noticed the most beautiful Cherry blossom trees he had ever seen. Luke was ecstatic, he did not know it yet but he would enter the Yoko region.

Picture to come in the future. I hope I did it right. So uh, do we like talk abut suggestions of towns then make the world like that?

Yeah, or if you want to roleplay your character a bit with others, that's okay too! Anything goes. <33

Name: Jeff Stareen
    Trainer Class: Veteran
    Pokémon:

Additional Details: After years of doing the same old handiwork of carpentry, Jeff has realized he doesn't want to live any longer without some excitement in his life. Bringing along his trusty sidekick Pokemon, he looks towards traveling the region and living out his dream of being a worldclass trainer in the Yoko region.

Ah cool, welcome. <33

Name: Kiri Dietrich
    Trainer Class: Lass? She doesn't really have a specialty.
    Pokémon:
    All beloved Pokemon since childhood, and she's raised them herself. Beedrill is the ace.
    Additional Details: A young girl, 16 years of age. She left her quiet mountainside town search for bigger and better opportunities in the Yōko Region. Though her parents are deeply worried because she is flighty and often gets herself into trouble, they are confident that her strong and loyal Pokemon will protect her. She has many motivations for leaving, from wanting to better herself as a person and trainer, as well as wanting to help her Froslass meet more of her species.

Hiii! Welcome! She sounds pretty cute. ^^

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • Yōko Updates & News #1

Introducing some towns! This is what I've come up with so far (with some good advice from Anna and sarcasm!) if you guys have any thing to add, or if there are any other ideas for these towns/cities, feel free to speak up!

I only made up about half of them so far, so, there are definitely room for more ideas:

Arieshu City

Spoiler:

A City widely known for tourism and culture. This is the main city for people coming into the region for the first time. Here, the people do not particularly heed the queen but have a very different local culture in a more modernized society. Only the most active and energetic citzens of Yōko come here.

Taurusville Town

Spoiler:

A scholarly city, home of the best schools outside of the palace. This town is also widely known for it's art, and it's benevolent society. The most logical, and diligent residents call home here, with more people all over gaining acceptance to these schools.

Gemibrough Town

Spoiler:

This a dual town where everything is decided by a peaceful, zen river. On one side, the town appreciates stability and gets offended by anyone who would dare to disrupt the peace and stability of their town. On the other side of the river, the town abolishes order, where they believe every change is meaningful to life.

Cancoro Town

Spoiler:

A smaller town more widely known for it's hospitality and good food. Many travelers visit and relax here because of it's famous inn, and a shrine to pay respects for good fortunes ahead of them.

Leoshin City

Spoiler:

Leoshin, home to the royal palace, and the Queen. This city also is widely known for the best festivals it creates with the citizens there, and it's especially known for their love of Eevee and the bond it shares with the citizens.

**Introducing... The Round Table!

The Round Table is a small event where we, as characters come together to discuss our political, economic, and other important matters in Yoko. The Queen is of course attending, and any royal member of the court, as well as battle master are allowed to bring up new topics. Anyone else is allowed to attend, and speak up if there are any concerns, or suggestions.

The first Round Table meeting is planned Friday January 8th and will go on through the weekend or so, where we'll be discussing:

~ Where will the battle masters be hosting their "dojos" in
    ~ How we will conduct the New Year Festival
    ~ How will our cities & towns conducted in Virgoville, Librakun, Scorpian, Saggitariuum, Capriku, Aquarius, and Pischaul
    ~ A very important matter that can threaten the peace (possible storyline/plot alert!)

So I hope you guys will attend! ^^

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Omg this is so exciting!! One question, what time Friday do you think the meeting will be because I'll be traveling most of the day until the evening. But if we use Skype for the meeting then I can just use mobile.

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • Omg this is so exciting!! One question, what time Friday do you think the meeting will be because I'll be traveling most of the day until the evening. But if we use Skype for the meeting then I can just use mobile.

It'll be from like, as early as possible, and it'll be on this thread throughout the weekend, so, don't worry if you're out for the day!

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • omg... im totally gonna make a Saann Ambassador to Yoko just because our cities are named after zodiac signs :D

Back