• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Things that make you go "ugh."

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
  • Whether they're annoying repetitive jokes at your expense or just tired cliches, what are the things people say that make you roll your eyes?

The inspiration for this thread came to me when I was talking to somebody on MSN a few days ago and said "Well that's not fair" to which he replied "Life's not fair". I frikkin' HATE that cliche.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    There's a joke that my family likes to make that I break electronics because often my chargers stop working, or cellphones. I hate that joke so much, they make it around people and it makes me look like I don't take care of my stuff and I look bad in public and they think it's hilarious.

Another thing that makes me go ugh that is somewhat related...the phrase "I could care less". If you could care less, that means you CARE. That's obviously not what you mean. Are you dense?

Onyx_X

The Onyx Knight
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Feb 27, 2012
    I'm very, very much in love with the above post. Especially substituting "gay" for "stupid" or "bad" and what have you.

Another thing...people stating their opinion, and then saying, "That's a fact."

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    People who make stereo typical jokes against others ethnicity. It annoys me so much. Can't stress it enough.

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
    Years
  • People who say "insert noun is gay." It's just...unsophisticated, and not cool at all. Read a dictionary and learn adjectives instead of saying offensive things that insult people who are actually homosexual. Even if everyone who's there is straight, other people may not always hear the whole conversation/sentence and assume that the adjective describes the person nearby when it's not true.
    Have to agree with that.

I also hate people who act like "know-it-all" or people who think their opinions are #1 in the entire world or something.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    could care less
    People who say that egregiously make me want to break them.

"Clichés are especially prone to scrambling because they become meaningless through overuse. In this case an expression that originally meant "it would be impossible for me to care less than I do because I do not care at all" is rendered senseless by being transformed into the now common 'could care less'. Think about it: if you could care less, that means you care some. The original already drips sarcasm, so it's pointless to argue that the newer version is ironic. People who misuse this phrase are just being careless."​

Last edited:

NightOfRemorse

my anxieties have anxieties
    Years
  • I hated it when some old friends from elementary school always said, "You'll understand when you're older." Really? You're freaking five months older than me!

When people say, "Ooo, burn," right after their own comeback. That just makes them look stupid.

When someone asks something that's really obvious. "Oh, you took a shower?" ...No, I dumped a bucket of water on my head.

Miyako

Rolling~♥~Bubbles
    Years
  • "Get back in the kitten." & "Make me a sandwich." jokes make me go ugh...

Also using "gay" as if to mean "dumb". >.>

Blue Nocturne

Not THAT one.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 6, 2013
    Another thing that makes me go ugh that is somewhat related...the phrase "I could care less". If you could care less, that means you CARE. That's obviously not what you mean. Are you dense?

Have I told you that you're in my top 27 people?

Linguistic faux pas aside, I despise anyone who says something along the lines of "Is it because I'm [Insert Race Here]?" Seriously, it's not funny, it's not clever and it's damn annoying!

Also, people who say "Big man ting". *Shudder*

Anders

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2011
    I don't think saying I could care less is something to ugh about. I would ugh more at the people picking apart a phrase literally and ughing at it.

So that's one of the things I ugh at.

I also ugh at tv shows when they go to commercials right before something goes down hard body.

Her

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    Whether they're annoying repetitive jokes at your expense or just tired cliches, what are the things people say that make you roll your eyes?
    • Jokes about the vagina
    • People who just refuse to let a joke die
    • Rape jokes
    • "YEAH MAN THAT'S SICK/BAD/RADICAL"
    • "Oh man, you're so tall. How? HOW?" (i don't know okay stop ASKING)
    • Most cliches

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Whether they're annoying repetitive jokes at your expense or just tired cliches, what are the things people say that make you roll your eyes?: What NightofRemorse said ("You'll understand when you're older"). Basically, what's wrong with that statement is that I find nothing wrong about finding things out for yourself.

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
    Years
  • Basically anything my step dad says. You know how some people say something they expect to be funny, it isn't funny, so they just keep repeating it?

That's him. He likes to scream "LITTLE BIG KID" and "OMG MY PANTS ARE FILLED WITH POO" over and over again thinking he's the funniest person alive. No one laughs. No one ever did. :|

Hiche..

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2014
    Overused phrases.
    People who call others trolls just because they made a controversial or extreme comment.

..and almost everything PokemonTrainerC.White mentioned.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • I've thought of another one:

My father is always saying things about technology and how unnecessary it all is, especially with mobile phones. "It makes calls, it sends texts. Why do you need a phone to do more than that?"

JUST STFU DAD. I think he thinks it's cute, playing the old, out-of-touch-with-the-times father, but it's really quite annoying.

Back