• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Things that surprised you?

Years
  • In the grassy area near Parfum Palace was a double battle against TWO annoying Fur Coats. Still losing to them at times as I don't often have special attacks and getting hit with attack debuffs and Headbutt hurts at this early in the game.

This was the first moment in the game that gave me serious trouble. Furfrou is pretty strong, and having two of them throwing sand in my face and head butting half my HP each round caused my only "game overs" so far in this game. Even the wild Pokemon in that area weren't as strong.

Braxien

Banned
    Years
  • I was surprised when I realised that 3D was only given in a certain few areas and battles. I hadn't really been up-to-date with information/updates/news related with XY so I thought that the 3D on my new 3DS had already broken.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    What surprised you? Was it a feature? A Pokemon? Story? Trade? Battle? What?

An example: I like to do Wonder Trades. I forget what I sent that day, but I got a Pikachu in return. Level 3, I think. And shiny... Are Shinies more common in X and Y? Or am I just lucky that a fool was being a wonderful fool?

I don't think he was a fool so much as if you're not really paying attention and don't see that little star on the status screen you wouldn't notice it was a shiny because the palette's aren't that different from each other unless they're side by side

AdamEternal

Vanished, poof, gone!
    Years
  • I don't think he was a fool so much as if you're not really paying attention and don't see that little star on the status screen you wouldn't notice it was a shiny because the palette's aren't that different from each other unless they're side by side

I actually forgot to subscribe to my thread! Thanks for quoting me, or I would never have remembered! :D
    Also, something that surprised me a few days ago: I didn't look closely enough. My Pikachu ain't shiny. :/ I somehow got the Shiny and Normal forms of Pikachu mixed up in my head. I'm dumb dumb. :P

Years
  • Something that surprised me was that the L=A feature is back!! They didn't include this feature in Gen V..

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
  • Honedge. I practically skipped a whole generation and all the pre-release information. When I stumbled upon honedge, I was hooked again.

Lovely surprise. Fantastic thread. Deserves more love.

AdamEternal

Vanished, poof, gone!
    Years
  • Deserves more love.
    Yup.

Something else that surprised me was in a Wonder Trade again. This time, I got a Piplup! :D But it seemed to be bred for Speed and Sp. At, so I bred that Piplup and another Pokemon (forget who it was) and got another Piplup. This one's working out well. :)

Dter ic

Fire Emblem....[b]HEROES[/b]
    Years
  • The fact that you can sit on chairs and benches now. I forgot that was a thing until I got the game and then walked over to the computer in my room/.

The battle animations is another thing hat surprised me Brave Bird looks so good in the games.

AdamEternal

Vanished, poof, gone!
    Years
  • The fact that you can sit on chairs and benches now. I forgot that was a thing until I got the game and then walked over to the computer in my room.

Ah! Yes! Right after that scene where your talking with your friends for the first time and choose your nick, the scene seemed to be done, but I was still sitting on my chair, and I was like 'Is it done?' So I tried to move, and I got off. My eyes widened. I sat back down. My head blew up. So now I'm just a digital ghost, haunting my computer and the game I died playing.

Something else that surprised me was how adorable Yveltal actually is! It's it's mouth! Never saw anything so intimidating yet adorable! :D (Am I just insane or something?)

Back