• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Things You Probably Hate about Laundry & Habits

Which ones apply to you?

• A.

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • B.

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • C.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • D.

• E.

• F.

• G.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    This is my personal perspective on how I manage the laundry and how I maintain it, but I encountered several habits that keep me forgetting about it and doing the laundry completely. I usually do it 2 times a week to keep the load down. These are the habits that I keep encountering from time to time:

(By the way, this is multiple choice; you can choose more than 1 option)

A. You are lazy/exhausted -
    You probably either lazy to do the laundry or exhausted from work, but there's always one person that can help you out.

B. Too many clothes -
    The worst way to waste time and energy is a very heavy load of clothes.

C. Figuring out which clothes to hang up/dry -
    This all depends on the material the clothes are made of especially lite and heavy clothes. Some people just don't like some of their clothes in the dryer, but sometimes finding room to hang up wet clothes is also kind of difficult.

D. Distinguishing which clothes should go in a specific color set (before washing) -
    Putting the clothes in the wrong set especially a huge tone difference in color (like putting a dark color clothing next to a white color clothing) could make the lighter clothing be ruined because it will diminish the actual color. The same goes with the old mistake of putting a colored clothing with white clothes; the bleach will ruin the color clothing & the color itself will be on all of the white clothes.

E. Distinguishing between people's clothes especially in similar sizes -
    After drying and folding clothes, you want to tell apart whose clothes are who's. It's pretty easy until they wear the same type of clothing (like jogging pants).

F. Missing sock pairs- Probably my worst habit while washing clothes. There's always going to be a sock missing before you realize that they are in the dirty clothes hiding from you. The thing is that after completely washing the clothes and you have a sock or 2 missing somewhere else, finding them dirty will make the laundry incomplete.

G. Your Dryer and/or Washer does not work-
    Better go to the laundromat, but that all depends on the load of the clothes you're carrying in your vehicle and how far are you from the nearest laundromat. If you can fix either of them on your own, lucky you!

So, speak your mind! Which ones apply for you?

Years
    • Seen today
    Laundry reminds me homework. When I fall behind, it can become really hard to catch up. And I usually have to spend the next couple days entirely devoted to running back and forth with clothes.

But even doing laundry when exhausted is much better than waking up the next day and realizing "shoot i have nothing to wear".

Years
  • D: We separate darks and whites here, dark clothes can "bleed" on white ones, making them look mudded or dirty.
    E: Simple enough when my mother is 5'1 and I'm 5'10. Sorted clothes go in the respective drawers.
    F: THIS IS A MENACE my mom has maybe 3 pairs of matching socks, the rest are left behind. Some tips are to check larger items like sheets.

pkmin3033

ngl I just throw the whole lot in the washing machine at once, regardless of what it is or what colour it is. It goes in, it goes on the line or on the dryers indoors if it's raining/too cold for me to want to go outside, it gets put away. I don't really think about it in any great amount of detail. xD

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • It's a combination of A and B.
    A: I never want to get anything done when I come home from work cause I'm so tired and ready to just relax and enjoy myself. I would like to add that I also have ADHD which usually causes me to forget to get it done and causes me to procrastinate working on it. Which B) leads to it piling up with more and more dirty clothes until I feel ashamed and guilty for letting it pile up so much and motivates me to get a load started. At that point, it can take a few loads to get it all washed. BUT THEN I'll struggle and procrastinate folding it up and putting it away. And usually, I'll just grab whatever I want to wear that day out of the two baskets that stay in my room which eventually leads to it ending up on the floor again when dirty until everything needs to be cleaned again. ANDDDD repeat the vicious cycle.

Years
  • I don't even know if I do my laundry 100% correcty when my mother tought me then my sister now living with her. C and D is what I sometimes struggle with.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Can I say "all of the above"?

1. I don't have my own washer/dryer. I have to use the laundry room that's provided by the apartment complex, and it's ALWAYS FULL WHEN I NEED IT.

2. Lack of quarters because nationwide coin shortage and apartment complex won't upgrade their coin-op washer/dryers to card only (which could be VERY useful)

3. I wear a lot of things that require to be "separated from other articles" (meaning more loads)

4. I absolutely h a t e doing my bf's laundry, and I hate it when he does mine. He once took my basket of clothes and returned it back to me with the CLOTHES STILL DIRTY. He recently started to do his own, which is awesome because he only takes his laundry to his mom's. /rant

5. I've had horror stories with washaterias/laundromats in the past.

Back