• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Third Game Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
Years
  • As far as the new plot is concerned, I'm thinking something along the lines of:

-Team Plasma is going around gallivanting their "Free Your Pokemon" schtick to the various cities and towns while King N seeks out Kyurem.

-As it turns out, Unova legend states that there was a third dragon that spawned when the original split into Reshiram and Zekrom. This dragon was said to be the "shell" of the original Dragon.

-The "shell" was said to be forever hungry, feeding on humans and Pokemon to regain the lost energies of its two counterparts. This "shell" made its home in an enormous crater that was formed when the dragon split and the "shell" fell to the earth.

-This "shell" is known as Kyurem, the Boundary Pokemon. It is said that whomever controls Kyurem will be able to freeze the progress of the world.

-King N wants to capture and use Kyurem to freeze the world before its people completely take away the freedom of all Pokemon.

-When you reach the Pokemon League and defeat the Elite 4, you'll find that King N has defeated Alder. The same cutscene from B/W will occur, but this time N will use Kyurem's power to encase everything in ice and snow. You will also find that everyone you attempt to talk to will be monochrome in color and will not respond, as if "frozen" in time.

-You'll realize that you have not been affected because you are in possession of the Balance Stone. You'll proceed through an ice-covered N's Castle but find that Team Plasma is also not frozen thanks to special technology in their uniforms.

-When you reach N, he will claim that even if you had Reshiram and Zekrom that you'd still be unable to defeat him. At that moment, Kyurem appears before you in a snow flurry and unleashes a roar. N is shocked because Kyurem will not obey him. The dragon will then challenge you to battle. You have to capture it.

-N will be caught off guard and say that he's the true hero and that Kyurem belongs to him. In a fit of rage, he will challenge you to a battle. His team is the same from B/W, except without the dragon. After his defeat, the rest of the scene will play out like in B/W. After defeating Ghetsis, Kyurem will use its power to unfreeze the world and Alder and Cheren along with the Gym Leaders will rush in to help only to find that you defeated Team Plasma all on your own.

-After the credits, Reshiram and Zekrom will appear at Dragonspiral Tower.

-When you first ascend, you will find Ghetsis there and he will battle you again, saying that he is the one who shall control the two great dragons. After defeating him, Ghetsis will tell you the reason why Kyurem turned against N was because you held the Balance Stone. He will then depart, leaving behind the Dark and Light Stones.

-If you re-enter Dragonspiral Tower, the stones will resonate and you will have a choice of bringing back Reshiram or Zekrom. You can then bring back the other at a later time.

Lambda

Boss of Team Plasma
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2011
    The great thing about B/W is that it doesnt feel like dimond or peral and feels lackingv of something. But if Black is this awesome i can't imagine what the next one is. I hope Team Plasma will have a bigger role to!

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • As far as the new plot is concerned, I'm thinking something along the lines of:

-Team Plasma is going around gallivanting their "Free Your Pokemon" schtick to the various cities and towns while King N seeks out Kyurem.

-As it turns out, Unova legend states that there was a third dragon that spawned when the original split into Reshiram and Zekrom. This dragon was said to be the "shell" of the original Dragon.

-The "shell" was said to be forever hungry, feeding on humans and Pokemon to regain the lost energies of its two counterparts. This "shell" made its home in an enormous crater that was formed when the dragon split and the "shell" fell to the earth.

-This "shell" is known as Kyurem, the Boundary Pokemon. It is said that whomever controls Kyurem will be able to freeze the progress of the world.

-King N wants to capture and use Kyurem to freeze the world before its people completely take away the freedom of all Pokemon.

-When you reach the Pokemon League and defeat the Elite 4, you'll find that King N has defeated Alder. The same cutscene from B/W will occur, but this time N will use Kyurem's power to encase everything in ice and snow. You will also find that everyone you attempt to talk to will be monochrome in color and will not respond, as if "frozen" in time.

-You'll realize that you have not been affected because you are in possession of the Balance Stone. You'll proceed through an ice-covered N's Castle but find that Team Plasma is also not frozen thanks to special technology in their uniforms.

-When you reach N, he will claim that even if you had Reshiram and Zekrom that you'd still be unable to defeat him. At that moment, Kyurem appears before you in a snow flurry and unleashes a roar. N is shocked because Kyurem will not obey him. The dragon will then challenge you to battle. You have to capture it.

-N will be caught off guard and say that he's the true hero and that Kyurem belongs to him. In a fit of rage, he will challenge you to a battle. His team is the same from B/W, except without the dragon. After his defeat, the rest of the scene will play out like in B/W. After defeating Ghetsis, Kyurem will use its power to unfreeze the world and Alder and Cheren along with the Gym Leaders will rush in to help only to find that you defeated Team Plasma all on your own.

-After the credits, Reshiram and Zekrom will appear at Dragonspiral Tower.

-When you first ascend, you will find Ghetsis there and he will battle you again, saying that he is the one who shall control the two great dragons. After defeating him, Ghetsis will tell you the reason why Kyurem turned against N was because you held the Balance Stone. He will then depart, leaving behind the Dark and Light Stones.

-If you re-enter Dragonspiral Tower, the stones will resonate and you will have a choice of bringing back Reshiram or Zekrom. You can then bring back the other at a later time.
    Actually I think that N will capture both Reshiram and Zekrom seeing as in BW he captures the opposite mascot and Reshiram and Zekrom (yin and Yang) are the opposite to Kyurem (Wuji)...so Kyurem must have a strong other forme...maybe even 10 points higher than those two...that would sure make up for it's low stats in it's current forme.

Lambda

Boss of Team Plasma
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2011
    Perhaps its like platium N captures both Reshriram and Zekrom like Cyrus weilded Palika and Diagla. But he didn't anticipate Giritina. So then like Cyrus N did not expect kyurem and it cause a flaw in the plan and transforms the castle to a ice wastland and all of Unova.

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
  • I wonder which Pokemon they will make unobtainable? I am thinking they may make us choose which genie we want like when we had to choose latias or Latios in Emerald. Maybe they will change some Pokemon's locations as well (Pidove moved to Route 1)

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Having a new thunderstorm weather pattern in battles for Thundurus would make sense. Both of them just having rain in their battles just makes it seem less exciting. This could somehow work into the third game, where when Thundurus appears, there's thunder everywhere in the battle (which'd be amazing), while in Tornadus, something like wind blowing the whole screen around, idk. I just expected Game Freak to be more creative with the genies and I hope they bring that into the third game.

Brien

Epic Panda.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2017
    It's going to be pokemon grey with kruauyayaya (ice dragon) as the main legendary.

</discussion>

Jaiyke

Dog Wizard
    Years
  • Pokemon Special Pikachu Edition 2? ;DD xDD haha
    Although I don't really enjoy using Pikachu myself just spewing out nonsense xD
    no really o-o; I think It would be pretty cool - despite the fact that Pikachu isn't in the Region
    they could fill in that with a decent excuse
    start with Pikachu - able to get Snivy, Tepig, and Oshawott
    I dunno one can dream :DD

Years
  • I think it would be cool if you could rebattle the Gym Leaders in the third version. I also think it would be cool if you could battle the 7 Sages and The Shadow Triad and Anthea and Concordia. It would be really cool. I think that Kyurem will have a form change too.

Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2011
    It may also be possible that N acquired all three dragons to scare ppl
    and then when trainer reach Alder and N he or she will battle against all three dragons (no other pokemon)
    then when trainer finally beat N, N will crumble down and release all three dragons.
    Ghetsis will then kick N's butt and battle trainer, and get owned.
    end of first part story

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2014
    Don't have much to add, but does anyone else think it would be cool if you got into a triple battle in the first gym with your two rival friends? It would be the three gym leaders against the three trainers from Nuvema with all three beginning types represented on both sides.

Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2011
    I believe the title for this game will be gray. As for the mascot, it will be the union of zekrom and reshiram. If you paid attetion to the storyline, the story of these dragons was that they were once one pokemon but whe their heroes began fighting they separated into zekrom and reshiram. Perhaps for this third installation N will control both zekrom and reshiram and then combine them. As for why it shall be named gray, the mascot being the union of zekrom(black) and reshiram(white) logically must be gray.

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
    Years
  • I believe the title for this game will be gray. As for the mascot, it will be the union of zekrom and reshiram. If you paid attetion to the storyline, the story of these dragons was that they were once one pokemon but whe their heroes began fighting they separated into zekrom and reshiram. Perhaps for this third installation N will control both zekrom and reshiram and then combine them. As for why it shall be named gray, the mascot being the union of zekrom(black) and reshiram(white) logically must be gray.

We've pretty much established the whole "Gray" thing, and as for the mascot being some combined dragon, uh, no. Nintendo won't be adding a Legendary that you can only have in Gray. It's going to be Kyurem because it is the only logical choice there is.

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    We've pretty much established the whole "Gray" thing, and as for the mascot being some combined dragon, uh, no. Nintendo won't be adding a Legendary that you can only have in Gray. It's going to be Kyurem because it is the only logical choice there is.

While its not likely i say its possible. Something similar happened in gen 4 with the spiky eared pichu, it was made only for HG/SS so adding a pokemon that can only be obtained in the 3rd version could happen. Remember mew was a pokemon that was part of the first game but uncatchable and the gen5 kinda mirrors gen1 so haveing an extra pokemon would fit. It would really affect nobody if it did happen. and plus couldnt they just fix the problem with ds download and play to trade or battle with older games

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
    Years
  • But SEP was an extra that really served nothing more than novelty purposes. If they make the mascot exclusive to Gray only, it'd kinda be suckish since you wouldn't be able to trade it :/

Theab95

Legend hunter
    Years
  • I guess I have to wait for April If there's a new Pokemon game, if they haven't
    confirmed a new game the third version and remakes of R/S will be in 2012/2013.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back