• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Third Game Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2013
    Yeah I've never played video games were defeating the last boss causes a castle or similar structure to fall apart before.

It's true that there are a lot of games with situation like that, but N castle didn't fall apart exactly after a battle. It was a little damaged but still solid. And in post-game when you come back to league there is nothing left from this castle, not even a piece of debris. If it really fell apart, it would cover league building with debris . It makes impression like it never existed there.

In Emerald there is Mirage Tower in the desert, which mysteriously disappears after one fossil is taken from it. Mirage is some kind of illusion. Also in Japanese version this tower is called Phantom Tower. Maybe N castle is something like that tower, considering it was also created in some kind of desert.

Last edited:
    Years
    I hope the game takes place in the past, back when the desert resort was a royal castle area, and we learn more about ns people you notice, him ghetsis and them two weird hair checks in the castle alll are pale skinned and resemble each other, maybe they are all a race of human forgotten maybe stripped of their royality, thus the seed that became the chip on ghetsis shoulder, passed down from his ancestors. Which could also bring kyrum in the story, lets say, ghetsis enslaved a celebi and went bacl in time to catch kyrum right when it created the giamt chasm amd save his royal family line by usomg kyrums power to destroy the other unova cities...
    Other perks to my outlandish theories...
    8 new gym leaders
    New elite four and champion
    All new main characters....
    Have to..
    Draydens not even old enough to fit in the plot line

No team, you will face ghetsis, people as they riot throughout unova in revnge of them somehow loosing their higher place in society etc
    Etc.

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2013
    I guess there's another hint that Zekrom and Reshiram will be combined into one Kyurem's form. Considering N's team is called Team Plasma, I think new Kyurem's form will have reference to real plasma.

Get ready for a short lecture, you can make notes. :)

Plasma is created in very high temperatures, for example in fire (reference to Reshiram). Plasma is created also during the lighting (reference to Zekrom). The higher plasma's temperature is, the better electricity flows through it.

So as you can see Reshiram's temperature and Zekrom's electricity combined in one form could create very strong plasma which is literally reference to Team Plasma.

And because Kyurem is dragon/ice type, it's clear that it doesn't have much to do with creating plasma, so it's obvious it needs fire's and electricity's energy to be suitable for Team Plasma's name.

Last edited:
    Years
    But kyerum created the giant chasm when it came to the unova region, it would be more reasonable to say ot came to calm the first battle between reshiram and zekrom. Not only that but I also think we will get another form of kyrum, the t rex arms are a little not so menacing

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
    Get ready for a short lecture, you can make notes. :)

Plasma is created in very high temperatures, for example in fire (reference to Reshiram). Plasma is created also during the lighting (reference to Zekrom). The higher plasma's temperature is, the better electricity flows through it.

So as you can see Reshiram's temperature and Zekrom's electricity combined in one form could create very strong plasma which is literally reference to Team Plasma.

You need some applause for this post. Never looked at the relationship of Zekrom and Reshiram like this before. Bravo!

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2013
    What I really want is to make the game harder, I didn't have a problem beating any trainer in B/W even Ghetsis (expect the trainers in the after game),
    I think because the Pokemons in this generation are weaker than the previous ones or something similar.

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2013
    You need some applause for this post. Never looked at the relationship of Zekrom and Reshiram like this before. Bravo!

To be honest I would probably never notice this if I hadn't found some clues on Bulbapedia (from article about Team Plasma) :

"Plasma can be interpreted as the culmination of both fire and lightning."

"Plasma is a state of matter in which the negative electrons and positive nuclei that usually form atoms become pulled apart and separated. This is analogous with Team Plasma's ideology, which states that people and Pokémon should be separated from one another."

Also, as I posted before dragon/ice Kyurem is incapable of producing plasma, as it needs fire or electricity. The real question is if those two unused attacks Ice Burn and Freeze Shock are going to be that energy without new Kyurem's form? Logically they would be enough. But it was said many times in B/W that Reshiram and Zekrom were once one Pokemon, so new form is rather needed. Also Kyurem's current design is just asking for new form. It looks so damaged and ugly. It would look IMO very bad as Grey's mascot.

Last edited:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Uh I have this Theory, Kyurem is based on the aspect of Super solids, which are solids at or near Absolute Zero which would make it the exact opposite to Plasma, similar to how Wuji is to Yin and yang.
    They could also be all punny and increase Kyurem's zombie like aspects of eating people. Plasma is something found in blood after all...
    Actually maybe Kyurem doesn't even eat the people but drains them of their life force...there is a special type of chinese zombie called the jiang shi...which look for life energy...
    Maybe the new character is a Kyurem fannatic like Eusine was to Suicune, he or she could give us info on it and it's true origins and maybe even serve as a mini third rival (or fourth if you count N more as a rival than antagonist)

SS01

#PoC Collab
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    Well, I think its gonna be pokemon grey/gray.
    I'm also going to say that the 'star legendary' is gonna be Landorus.
    seems weird, i know, but think about it. A hidden, not very popular legendary
    that, because of the trading thing, its fair to say not many people
    were able to get.

Also, I want an island, similar to Cianwood city for johto,
    near Mistralton city. the tree area to the left of it would be water,
    and it would be right there. the only way to get there would be
    a waterplane from the newly expanded Mistralton city airport.
    And in the airport expansion, they had to tear down the gym,
    so Sklya moved to Clearwater island, as i'll call it for now.
    This would reduce Mistralton city to a sort of small, pass through
    city with a pokemon center, and nothing much other than that and the airport.
    Unova seems too cluttered with big cities.

Other than that, leader rematches. They could be held at the remains of the Mistralton gym, which would have become somewhat the equivalent of Johto's fighting dojo.
    And an expanded Unova Dex, with more pokemon from other regions,
    especially Hoenn. i mean, pokemon from other regions are easily obtainable in gen 4,
    and well some are available with the HGSS radio, not many Hoenn pokemon are.

well that's it for now,
    but i may be posting again as i think of more things.

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2013
    Uh I have this Theory, Kyurem is based on the aspect of Super solids, which are solids at or near Absolute Zero which would make it the exact opposite to Plasma, similar to how Wuji is to Yin and yang.
    They could also be all punny and increase Kyurem's zombie like aspects of eating people. Plasma is something found in blood after all...
    Actually maybe Kyurem doesn't even eat the people but drains them of their life force...there is a special type of chinese zombie called the jiang shi...which look for life energy...
    Maybe the new character is a Kyurem fannatic like Eusine was to Suicune, he or she could give us info on it and it's true origins and maybe even serve as a mini third rival (or fourth if you count N more as a rival than antagonist)

Well assuming that Kyurem is zombie I guess Team Plasma is going to bring it back to full life. That's why I think they would need that ''plasma'' energy directly from Reshiram and Zekrom or from their Light and Dark stones. They would create God Stone to give Kyurem's full life back and new form. Maybe that's why that stone is being called God Stone because in most religions gods are life creators.

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
    Years
    Kyurem should be the mascot and the game should be called Pokémon Chrome, as suggested earlier. The gym leader rematches would be a huge thing to add. I was disappointed when they left them out of black and white. Also, I would like to see a new storyline centering around Kyurem. Maybe adding some bits about the Sacred Swordsman and Kyurem movie that will be released could be cool. I think the idea shiny searcher had about Clearwater Island was great, kudos to you.

blue

gucci
    Years
    It's definitely looking that way for Kyurem being the mascot which is more likely to be Grey. If that's true then Game Freak aren't as creative as last time.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    It's definitely looking that way for Kyurem being the mascot which is more likely to be Grey. If that's true then Game Freak aren't as creative as last time.

Even if they choose the most likely names, it doesn't mean they aren't creative. You've still got storyline, design, etc, there's lots of ways you can be creative. Think back to generation one: Red, Green... and Yellow! Sure they used the obvious name, but the storyline/story idea was much different in comparison. Same could occur for "Grey".

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Blue (jp), Yellow (us), and Emerald are uncreative names too but they turned out to be just as good if not better than the first two versions.
    I wonder if there will be a exclusive(grey only) green striped Basculin...that'll be a major RSE remake hint...

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2013
    I wonder if there will be a exclusive(grey only) green striped Basculin...that'll be a major RSE remake hint...

Both Basulin's versions are green colored with red or blue stripes. If they're remakes hint I think they mean that there will be Ruby and Sapphire remakes based on Emerald's features because both red and blue stripes are above the green coloring. Probably in Grey there wouldn't be new Basculin's version, instead there would be both red and blue striped at the same places.

has anyone else not noticed that there isnt a safari zone of some sort? they should that for the next game

Post-game area has similar role to Safari Zone even though you can battle using your Pokemon to catch new ones. I'm not sure if there will be Safari in Grey, Safari was never an addition to any third game.

Last edited:

blue

gucci
    Years
    The main things that they will add into Grey are animated Sprites, extended storyline, Gym Rematches and a new location or two. Oh and a few more Double/Triple/Rotation battles.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back