• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Third Version Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I'm gonna say this new Pokemon is part of Gen 6.5. As I've stated before I just think it's too soon to be releasing Gen VII with the current state of Gen VI. So unless they plan to just integrate over to the next generation, then they still need to attend to:

3 unused moves
    1 unused form
    1 un-released Mythical
    4 revealed Zygarde forms
    Ash-Greninja

Well prior to revealing Emerald GF had already begun showing off Gen IV mons. So no, it's not too early to be showing off new mons.

Uh, Famon, the news was movie related. Unless Azoth is in the south of Kalos and it was stated to be a new region no such thing as southern Kalos would've been revealed for the movie. Even then we wouldn't be sure if it's anime exclusive like the Orange island.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
    I'm crying and I can't feel my legs. This is so awesome.... *Wookie screech*

It looks like a combo of Diancie and Carbink almost... with cutesy rabbit ears. :3 And like what I've seen others point out, it's abdomen almost resembles a Pokeball. I'm betting Fairy/Steel maybe, but if it's completely man-made, it may be just a pure Steel type too. I'm confused though, is it a Mythical or just a regular 'mon?

I wonder what this means... either the supposed Gen 6.5 or if it's a Gen 7 Pokemon being introduced early like Munclax and Bonsly were back in Gen 3. Either way you guys, I would say that a new game announcement is almost imminent now. Keep your eyes peeled and hold on to your butts. We're almost there, we may not have to wait any longer than a month or two.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    People think that there will be a 6.5 because of the lack of pokemon in Kalos. But they keep forgetting that Megas are also considered new pokemon. But we also have the south part of France missing, which people are calling Southern Kalos. Which also leads people to think of Gen 6.5.
    Honestly, I am still hoping for this. They also said they wanted to surprise people with each game. Pokemon XY has confirmed not to be wrapped up, so there is no doubt we will have another Gen 6 game.

It isn't unheard of to have a next Gen legendary, or even normal pokemon, before that Gen is announced. Lucarion, Buizel, Bonsly, Munchlax, Manaphy, ect.

If I had to guess the typeing, I am going to go with Fairy/Steel.

If this is a Gen 6.5 pokemon, it would be earth shaking. Because it has never been done before and most aren't expecting it. Also, Serebii doesn't say if it is a normal pokemon or a mythical. We won't know until they confirm it in Corocoro or something.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2016
    I don't see any chance that this is a 7 generation pokemon. Although there is a chance for that.
    Most likely this is a legendary pokemon from Kalos. But they (Game Freak) didn't want us to know that Kalos will have another game easily, so they've decided to start off with a new pokemon.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
    I done goofed... I meant to say it looks like a combo of Diancie and Klink, not Carbink lol.

Here's what I'm guessing might happen, pure speculation: the next game might be announced within the next couple weeks or sometime in March. I'm guessing that Magiana is a brand-new Pokemon available in this game, while we also get a Volcanion event for the same game sometime in July as part of movie promotion. The game itself might come out in a May-July timeframe.

EDIT: Looks like possible controversy over the early leaks has started:

https://mobile.twitter.com/JoeMerrick/status/697421235597266944

As somebody suggested in the comments, additional info might not come out till Monday(the 15th).

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Nov 23, 2017
    So , One new Pokemon is not world shacking ! Diancle would have been a new pokemon if the Hack didn't spoiled it.
    The world shacking news would be another part of kalos that has many brand new pokemon.

Your just salty. This is clearly world shaking news. Go take that negativity somewhere else.

I done goofed... I meant to say it looks like a combo of Diancie and Klink, not Carbink lol.

Here's what I'm guessing might happen, pure speculation: the next game might be announced within the next couple weeks or sometime in March. I'm guessing that Magiana is a brand-new Pokemon available in this game, while we also get a Volcanion event for the same game sometime in July as part of movie promotion. The game itself might come out in a May-July timeframe.

EDIT: Looks like possible controversy over the early leaks has started:

https://mobile.twitter.com/JoeMerrick/status/697421235597266944

As somebody suggested in the comments, additional info might not come out till Monday(the 15th).

Likely thought Carbrink due to Diancie having a connection with it in the first XY movie. As for people saying it is Diancie in a new form I doubt it otherwise I doubt Serebii would have called it a new Pokemon over a new form. I would bet my grandma that this the first pokemon of Gen 7 since it is not too soon at all. In fact Gen 6 is a month older than Gen 5 was when Gen 6 was shown back in Jan of 2013 and heck if we take that picture into mind that showed the first games of each gen and the years but left 2016 that is just possible proof. With that said I think we all need to wait till Monday to get the real info. But yeah I am putting money on it not being Z and that being skipped over. Though that is not to say Gen 7 could not pull a Gen 1 and 2 where and be right next to Kalos and have connections to it. Heck maybe even let us go back to and solve some of those mysterious events.

Last edited:

Years
    Your just salty. This is clearly world shaking news. Go take that negativity somewhere else.

Likely thought Carbrink due to Diancie having a connection with it in the first XY movie. As for people saying it is Diancie in a new form I doubt it otherwise I doubt Serebii would have called it a new Pokemon over a new form. I would bet my grandma that this the first pokemon of Gen 7 since it is not too soon at all. In fact Gen 6 is a month older than Gen 5 was when Gen 6 was shown back in Jan of 2013 and heck if we take that picture into mind that showed the first games of each gen and the years but left 2016 that is just possible proof. With that said I think we all need to wait till Monday to get the real info. But yeah I am putting money on it not being Z and that being skipped over. Though that is not to say Gen 7 could not pull a Gen 1 and 2 where and be right next to Kalos and have connections to it. Heck maybe even let us go back to and solve some of those mysterious events.

Or it could just be like Gen III when Munchlax was unveiled a few months prior to Emerald. Of interest is that the Gen III spin offs included some of those early Gen IV mons in it's spin offs, might we see something like this here?

I do think that we will get Gen VII announced this year. Gen IV was announced in 2004, shortly after Emerald came out in Japan too! So we very well might get our final Gen VI game, and hype for next year. Or maybe year's end if 'Z' comes out in April or something, with Gen VII pair coming out in December. There have been eight month gaps in the past between main game releases. FrLg and Emerald were 8 months apart in Japan.

Last edited:
    Years
    Well, well, well.This new Pokemon is very interesting. I really like it design-wise! But it either being a Gen "6.5" mon or a 7 mon is all up to GF to finally reveal in the future. Many people think because of this, 7th Gen is coming this year, but if that were the case,they would of taken a similar approach to how they introduced XY; starters, and legends revealed already.
    All we have now is a new mythical(?) Pokemon that's starring alongside Volcanion, and revolving around the AZoth Kingdom
    Magiana screams more to me like a 6th Gen mon, because of it's beauty(a central theme in 6th Gen) and the way it's been revealed. it doesn't really envision a 7th Gen mon to me.It's like the "princess" of AZoth artificially created, to "mirror" or be similar to Diancie in Northen Kalos. I really doubt gen 6 ending on a flat and sour note, with no conclusion or actually giving us a proper story for Zygarde and more development on AZ and his Floette,which we still can't get
    And having a Gen 7 on the 3ds? Is this really going to be like BW?

It makes zero sense for Gamefreak to leave all the other data there and just exclude Magiana's for some sort of " Gen 7 surprise".

I still believe a Southern Kalos is still very possible.. and my attitude towards that has still not changed.. that "lexagone" concept could very well be in place, and it would make perfect sense for Zygarde to represent it's region like a monarchial role

isn't there a Tumblr post that where someone said that GF got tired of everyone hacking the game and finding out everything before they could announce it?

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    So I'm over the new pokemon, and yesterday on smashboards, I came to the conclusion that we would get a new pokemon and I was right. After seeing this reveal, I have some predictions:

Pokemon Z will be announced within the next few days( or by the end of the month), alongside this pokemon.

Pokemon Z will be the literal other half version of XY.

There will be two regions. This is slightly alluded to with XY's ties to other regions.

70 more pokemon will be added( to double XY's amount.)

The game will be two versions with a core as the focus of each one. The plots will overlap though.

There will be a new type to coincide with fairy.

This type ( my name prediction, not entirely accurate) will be magic.

It will focus on pokemon that are man made/ ancient( think claydol), and have magical qualities to them.

This pokemon will be metal and magic. My prediction is that it is a man made pokemon, but by an ancient tribe. Using some type of dark magic, they bring to life a pokeball like object and it becomes magianna.

Also it's definitely Gen 6.5, hence why it's such big news that a new pokemon is in the movie. If it was for a new gen they wouldn't bat an eye.

Years
    Well, well, well.This new Pokemon is very interesting. I really like it design-wise! But it either being a Gen "6.5" mon or a 7 mon is all up to GF to finally reveal in the future. Many people think because of this, 7th Gen is coming this year, but if that were the case,they would of taken a similar approach to how they introduced XY; starters, and legends revealed already.
    All we have now is a new mythical(?) Pokemon that's starring alongside Volcanion, and revolving around the AZoth Kingdom
    Magiana screams more to me like a 6th Gen mon, because of it's beauty(a central theme in 6th Gen) and the way it's been revealed. it doesn't really envision a 7th Gen mon to me.It's like the "princess" of AZoth artificially created, to "mirror" or be similar to Diancie in Northen Kalos. I really doubt gen 6 ending on a flat and sour note, with no conclusion or actually giving us a proper story for Zygarde and more development on AZ and his Floette,which we still can't get
    And having a Gen 7 on the 3ds? Is this really going to be like BW?

It makes zero sense for Gamefreak to leave all the other data there and just exclude Magiana's for some sort of " Gen 7 surprise".

I still believe a Southern Kalos is still very possible.. and my attitude towards that has still not changed.. that "lexagone" concept could very well be in place, and it would make perfect sense for Zygarde to represent it's region like a monarchial role

isn't there a Tumblr post that where someone said that GF got tired of everyone hacking the game and finding out everything before they could announce it?
    Well rumor is that the NX will come out before year's end, so it's possible that we can get Gen VII by year's end. As I've been saying they had already started showing off Gen IV mons before they had even announced Emerald, and shortly after it was released they revealed DP (for 2005 release, which got delayed to 2006 much like RG tens years prior was delayed from 1995 to 1996, wow DP was like a tenth anniversary even if they didn't treat it like one)!

Btw, you're forgetting that GF said that they had no way to update the games to add the Megas that were introduced in OrAs into XY (as it'll ruin the code causing it to glitch or something), so any new mons, Megas, and formes introduced in 'Z' would run into the same trouble!

So I'm over the new pokemon, and yesterday on smashboards, I came to the conclusion that we would get a new pokemon and I was right. After seeing this reveal, I have some predictions:

Pokemon Z will be announced within the next few days( or by the end of the month), alongside this pokemon.

Pokemon Z will be the literal other half version of XY.

There will be two regions. This is slightly alluded to with XY's ties to other regions.

70 more pokemon will be added( to double XY's amount.)

The game will be two versions with a core as the focus of each one. The plots will overlap though.

There will be a new type to coincide with fairy.

This type ( my name prediction, not entirely accurate) will be magic.

It will focus on pokemon that are man made/ ancient( think claydol), and have magical qualities to them.

This pokemon will be metal and magic. My prediction is that it is a man made pokemon, but by an ancient tribe. Using some type of dark magic, they bring to life a pokeball like object and it becomes magianna.

Also it's definitely Gen 6.5, hence why it's such big news that a new pokemon is in the movie. If it was for a new gen they wouldn't bat an eye.

They batted an eye for Volcanion, yet not Diancie and Hoopa...so they're kind of hyping up their latest official reveals compared to the past.

Also, they won't be able to be traded into XYOrAs due to the code being corrupted, or at least that was Gf's excuse for not updating XY with the new moves, megas, and Primals that were introduced in OrAs. There will be little point in introducing new mons at Gen's end. But then again B2W2 introduced formes and they were the last games of that Gen :/... But formes are more acceptable to miss than new Pokemon imo.

Last edited by a moderator:

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
    They batted an eye for Volcanion, yet not Diancie and Hoopa...so they're kind of hyping up their latest official reveals compared to the past.

Also, they won't be able to be traded into XYOrAs due to the code being corrupted, or at least that was Gf's excuse for not updating XY with the new moves, megas, and Primals that were introduced in OrAs. There will be little point in introducing new mons at Gen's end. But then again B2W2 introduced formes and they were the last games of that Gen :/... But formes are more acceptable to miss than new Pokemon imo.

Well specifically they can't put the new Megas, Primals and moves in because there's no room for them in the game. If they attempted to they'd either have to move the moves, Pokemon and maybe Mega tables around to enlarge them, which would be hard to do, or they could try to put them in anyway and risk them overwriting other bits of code because they don't fit in the table.

Years
    Now, I wonder what Zygarde's role in the movie will be... I have a feeling that it's role will be as minimal as Rayquaza in Destiny Deoxys. Or perhaps it's situation is similar to that of Lugia and Ho-oh in the preview for the next movie shown at the end of Arceus' movie, those of us who follow the movies know that wasn't the case. Instead it focused on Celebi, Zoroark, Zorua, and the "Beast Trio".

Years
    I can see why people may think we're getting Gen 7, but i just don't see it. There are too many loose ends in Kalos. Too many news forms etc. Not to mention that Gen 7 makes the most sense as being the first main game released on the NX.

I'm really, really excited for the 27th. We're getting a game announcement, i can just feel it.

Now, I wonder what Zygarde's role in the movie will be... I have a feeling that it's role will be as minimal as Rayquaza in Destiny Deoxys. Or perhaps it's situation is similar to that of Lugia and Ho-oh in the preview for the next movie shown at the end of Arceus' movie, those of us who follow the movies know that wasn't the case. Instead it focused on Celebi, Zoroark, Zorua, and the "Beast Trio".

I think they're using the anime to showcase Zygarde. They're doing a good job of it so far.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Nov 23, 2017
    Or it could just be like Gen III when Munchlax was unveiled a few months prior to Emerald. Of interest is that the Gen III spin offs included some of those early Gen IV mons in it's spin offs, might we see something like this here?

I do think that we will get Gen VII announced this year. Gen IV was announced in 2004, shortly after Emerald came out in Japan too! So we very well might get our final Gen VI game, and hype for next year. Or maybe year's end if 'Z' comes out in April or something, with Gen VII pair coming out in December. There have been eight month gaps in the past between main game releases. FrLg and Emerald were 8 months apart in Japan.

Idk the last two gens have been out the same year they were shown and the fact Z is in Japan right now just makes me think a Z game is not happening if it did the game would be out by now. Most people at my gaming club hope Z does not happen due to not wanting a remake after BW2 which just really felt different. I feel the people who do want Z only want it since it seems like the obvious choice due to the anime but idk. I would rather sequels or nothing. Plus if they keep the remakes coming after every gen is at least 10 yrs that kinda gets rid of the point of the 3rd version games anyway. I would be fine if from now on every gen is the new game,remake and sequal (assuming the game can do a sequal) over a 3rd version which does not change much. Plus I just can't help but keep thinking of that image we got months back showing the new gen games and the years leaving 2016 blank. Would be weird to show years and the first game of each gen just to show off some 3rd version. But the whole 8 month thing in 2004 seems like that was a one time thing.

Years
    Idk the last two gens have been out the same year they were shown and the fact Z is in Japan right now just makes me think a Z game is not happening if it did the game would be out by now. Most people at my gaming club hope Z does not happen due to not wanting a remake after BW2 which just really felt different. I feel the people who do want Z only want it since it seems like the obvious choice due to the anime but idk. I would rather sequels or nothing. Plus if they keep the remakes coming after every gen is at least 10 yrs that kinda gets rid of the point of the 3rd version games anyway. I would be fine if from now on every gen is the new game,remake and squeal (assuming the game can do a squeal) over a 3rd version which does not change much. Plus I just can't help but keep thinking of that image we got months back showing the new gen games and the years leaving 2016 blank. Would be weird to show years and the first game of each gen just to show off some 3rd version. But the whole 8 month thing in 2004 seems like that was a one time thing.

I think that DP's delay might have something to do with that. The first three Gens had future mons in the anime prior to the third versions coming out (well not absolutely sure about Crystal and Gen III mons, but Yellow and Emerald for sure). However, Gen III's anime ended up showing a great bulk of the new mons as they had to create filler to cover up the spot that DP's delay left behind. So most likely they've been pushing mons closer to the end.
    Actually the eight month thing wasn't a one time thing. The originals were out in February while Blue came out eight months later.
    Those were both Japan examples, but considering we got world wide release we can get more release dates that we in the waste aren't used to. The next shortest release gaps in Japan have been 13 months. So if we get 'Z' early this year then we might get Gen VII early next year.
    Btw that chart was for GO...

I can see why people may think we're getting Gen 7, but i just don't see it. There are too many loose ends in Kalos. Too many news forms etc. Not to mention that Gen 7 makes the most sense as being the first main game released on the NX.

I'm really, really excited for the 27th. We're getting a game announcement, i can just feel it.

I think they're using the anime to showcase Zygarde. They're doing a good job of it so far.
    I don't think we'll get Gen 7 before we get another Kalos game. But I do think that Gen VII won't be far from 'Z'.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Nov 23, 2017
    I think that DP's delay might have something to do with that. The first three Gens had future mons in the anime prior to the third versions coming out (well not absolutely sure about Crystal and Gen III mons, but Yellow and Emerald for sure). However, Gen III's anime ended up showing a great bulk of the new mons as they had to create filler to cover up the spot that DP's delay left behind. So most likely they've been pushing mons closer to the end.
    Actually the eight month thing wasn't a one time thing. The originals were out in February while Blue came out eight months later.

That thing was for GO...

It was to show the series timeline. I doubt it was for GO if it was that was a poor picture for them to use. Since it made it look like they were hinting at something else. Also I would not use Blue since that was literally the same as Red and Green minus the bugs and updated sprites. Was pretty much a remaster before remasters became a thing.

TBH I kinda hope the concept of gens is dropped. And we just get new games with new stories but not always new pokemon. I would be fine with new stories in new regions or even older regions but not always new pokemon. I would love to see a new take in Hoenn but with no new pokemon. I do love the pokemon but I also enjoy the human characters and adventures too. Breaking free from the gen concept would just me nice to me.

I am just as a weird place since I want an all new adventure and this is leaning towards one assuming they keep the pace of the past two gen reveals within the same year. (Since a lot of series seem to be doing things annually making me think games are easier to make now) or if we do get another Kalos game it is not what people expect. Like everyone is expecting Zygarde but I am hoping the concept of the possible new Kalos game is something else. Zygarde can get the form changes and stuff but it would not be the main focus. That or a plot where you are a train from years ago during AZ's time and see Kalos in those eyes. That could give the region a fresh feel since it would look different than it does in XY. I am trying to remember if Pokemon existed in AZ's time that did not in XY. I feel I read some text in the game that said that but I could be wrong. I guess BW2 spoiled me and made me not want a typical 3rd version. {XD}

Years
    It was to show the series timeline. I doubt it was for GO if it was that was a poor picture for them to use. Since it made it look like they were hinting at something else. Also I would not use Blue since that was literally the same as Red and Green minus the bugs and updated sprites. Was pretty much a remaster before remasters became a thing.

TBH I kinda hope the concept of gens is dropped. And we just get new games with new stories but not always new pokemon. I would be fine with new stories in new regions or even older regions but not always new pokemon. I would love to see a new take in Hoenn but with no new pokemon. I do love the pokemon but I also enjoy the human characters and adventures too. Breaking free from the gen concept would just me nice to me.

I am just as a weird place since I want an all new adventure and this is leaning towards one assuming they keep the pace of the past two gen reveals within the same year. (Since a lot of series seem to be doing things annually making me think games are easier to make now) or if we do get another Kalos game it is not what people expect. Like everyone is expecting Zygarde but I am hoping the concept of the possible new Kalos game is something else. Zygarde can get the form changes and stuff but it would not be the main focus. That or a plot where you are a train from years ago during AZ's time and see Kalos in those eyes. That could give the region a fresh feel since it would look different than it does in XY. I am trying to remember if Pokemon existed in AZ's time that did not in XY. I feel I read some text in the game that said that but I could be wrong. I guess BW2 spoiled me and made me not want a typical 3rd version. {XD}

Yes, it was mentioned that Pokemon existed during Az's time that don't exist in Kalos any longer. It was kind of implied that they were killed off by AZ. But this new mon was made 500 years ago...while the war was 3000 years ago, so that would ruin your idea if they are to include it too :/

That chart was shown shortly before they revealed GO irc in the same press conference. Many thought that they were going to show Gen VII...then low and behold it was Go!

Many have mentioned that Magiana reminds them of Klink plus Diancie. I wonder...perhaps it's a modified Carbink. Perhaps a Carbink mixed with Diancie, or a modification of Klink's family only.

Well I checked to see what other Pokemon had a connection to 500 years prior, and the only one was Spiritomb...

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back