• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"This Pokémon is way smaller/bigger than I expected!"

Years
    Crobat is 5'11 what the fuck

I was expecting to be around the size of a full grown cat or smth

Years

Nidoqueen & Nidoking look pretty impossing, yet they are but 1.3m and 1.4 m tall respectively. Buncha shorties that I'd tower above with my 1.9m :fufu:

Kommo-o is merely 1.6m... I was expecting it to tower above me =\

On the opposite end... Furret is 1.8m.... wth really? The thing is almost as big as me 0.0
    It looks way smaller... like, I'd have given it half a meter tops.

Edit:
    Another one as I just learned Falinks is 3m tall.... just.... what?

I mean...

Spoiler:

Last edited:

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
    Surprised me when I recently learned that Golduck was taller than Machoke, but you can't really go by 'dex sizes. Even Game Freak said that they didn't put much thought into that aspect and insinuated that the anime sizes were more accurate (or at least more realistic).

Too bad Dunsparce doesn't look like this when following me in SWSH... T_T

Last edited:
    Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now
    Larvesta at three feet, seven inches (1.1 meters). Dwarfs your average Weedle or Caterpie (one foot / 0.3 meters). Actually matches Butterfree's height.

.hack

skunkape
    Years
    This only happened to me once if memory serves me right, with Joltik in Sword & Shield. I had no idea he was so smol.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    Darn, I was going to come in here and say Furret but someone beat me to it!

**looks at bulbapedia and screams a bit* I'm not going to be able to keep my composure throughout this post.

Okay, then, Likitung. It's 3'11? I always assumed it was taller than that.

Haunter being 5'03 feels very strange to me.

Arcanine is 6'3?!??!?!?!?? What a big ass doggo.

Venasaur is 6'7? Really? It's that tall? The heck?
    Slowking is 6'7, too?? I'm screaming.
    Jellicent is 7'3?!??! What, how?!?
    Hariyama is 7'07 and I... why is that Pokemon so tall?
    *screams because Overqwil is 8'02 and I'm both shocked and confused.*

Okay, now Bulbapedia is surely trolling me. How is Dhemlise 12'10? Are anchors really that big on a boat? *Update, yes, anchors are 10-20 feet but do they mean tall, I don't know?

Milotic is 20'04??!?!??! Is that in length or height? I am so confused, who is writing these Pokedex entries and deciding Milotic is TWENTY FEET TALL?

I'm sorry, I'm losing my shit over Pokemon heights I am absolutely shocked.

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
    Years
    Look, the Pokédex has extremely irregular criteria for measuring Pokémon (like Falinks and Milotic above; those two are supposed to be measured for length rather than height), so this happened to me with Mimikyu. I did find it rather strange that it was only 20cm tall and trying to mimic a Pokémon that is supposed to be 40cm tall... but when I found out that 20cm is its height without counting the head of its "disguise," it all made sense to me. That means, by the way, that my Mimi plush is effectively life-sized. Good, because it's the perfect size for hugs.

Years
    • Seen today
    Snake-like Pokémon are definitely measured by length, not height:

Silicobra: 2.2 m, Ekans: 2.0 m (and their evos are at 3.8 and 3.5 respectively) Same for Milotic, Serperior, Dragonair at 4.0 (while Dragonite is 2.2), etc.

Haunter: 1.6 m > Gengar: 1.5 m is weird. What's even more funny, Mega Gengar: 1.4 m. Alakazam also supposedly loses 30 cm. when it mega evolves.

Yanmega is as big as Garchomp (1.9 m). Bigger than Kanto's legendary birds and most of the starters' final forms.

Mismagius is quite smaller than I expected. Same for Nidoking and Nidoqueen. Polteageist and Ribombee being only 20 cm. also surprised me.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Magikarp and Slowpoke's size in GO surprised me. In a room where I can easily play with my Shadow Latios in AR, I repeatedly get the "too close" message with those two (also Magikarp superimposed on our new puppy is like 8 times it's size whereas I though it was more like something you'd get in a little pond)

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now
    Reports back in for Espeon. Expected about the size of a normal cat. Says 2 feet, 11 inches (0.9 meters) for height and 58.4 pounds (26.5 kilograms) for weight. Doubles the size of a normal Maine Coon (10-16 inches tall, 10-20 pounds).

Adjourned to the anime. Just watched this for one of the other threads. (Looked for a good shot. Needed to use a blurry video.)

Knows Misty's height: 5 feet, 5 inches tall. Calculated about 4.862 pixels per inch. Translated that over to Espeon. Estimates it as 31.67 inches (~80.5 centimeters). Probably gains a hair for being in the background. So, perhaps not quite as big as imagined. Towers over a normal cat for sure.

Sidenote: Mentions Tamao, the Kimono Girl with an Umbreon. (Probably got the right person. Wears a kimono with a moon.) Cut out the shoes and went in the middle of the wig. Estimated about 76.7 inches (almost 6 feet 5 inches tall, or 195 centimeters). Leads or ties the lead in the height thread. Makes all the nearby Pokemon, and especially Ash, look very short.

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
    I thought that Zacian would be the same size as your typical big dog, especially when considering her size when she walks with you in the Isle of Armor or Crown Tundra. However, I decided to look her up recently and found out she's over 9 feet tall!

Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2022
    While many Pokémon might not look like they did from the original illustrations, the vast majority of them are within the bounds of what is physically possible. In fact, some of the classic designs are far beyond any possible size, such as Pikachu being the size of a house, or the original Dugtrio having the same mass as a mountain.

However, there are a few Pokémon that have been confirmed to be way smaller or bigger than they originally appeared. While it is possible that the Pokémon being bigger or smaller is a result of a certain evolutionary line, this is not always the case.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now
    Pops back in here again for Dhelmise. Expects an anchor to be, like three feet tall? Maybe five feet for a bigger one. Measures Dhelmise at 12 feet, 10 inches (3.9 meters) tall. Where is it finding these anchors? Does it only steal from sunken oil tankers? Ought to have sizes like Pumpkaboo.

soulzzii

We don't wanna watch the news, we just read statem
    Years
    • Seen May 16, 2023
    Reports back in for Espeon. Expected about the size of a normal cat. Says 2 feet, 11 inches (0.9 meters) for height and 58.4 pounds (26.5 kilograms) for weight. Doubles the size of a normal Maine Coon (10-16 inches tall, 10-20 pounds).
    Sylveon is a suprisingly big boi, its 3 feet, 3 inches (1 meter) which is bigger than pokemons like Raboot (0.6 meters) and almost as big as Lucario, for example (3 feet, 11 inches or 1,2 meters) , its like what, triple the size of an eevee? (1 feet or 0,3 meters) its a big fox for sure xd

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
    "How BIG is Gastly?"

Apparantly as big as Palossand, who I wish was bigger than that.

I will also never get over the fact Etornatus is bigger than a whale.

CZL

Years
    i just found out talonflame is the size of a regular falcon not like a huge fantasy bird

Years
    Have you looked at the minimum / maximum sizes of pokémon in Legends of Arceus ?
    Not to count the Alpha maximum sizes...
    For Gardevoir, 8'05'' / 2.56m - 204.9lbs / 92.928kg
    :O

Back