• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Thoughts on the Pokemon Presents?

Setsuna

♡ Setsuna Scarlet Storm!!
Years
  • It was a lot shorter than I expected, though I don't know if its length was announced previously and I just never noticed. I lost sleep and woke up early for something I didn't know would only be 10-15 minutes. The spinoff stuff was pretty much exactly what I expected: Little extra additions for Go, Unite, Cafe ReMix, and Masters.

Pokemon TCG Pocket is something I'm genuinely very interested in because having a digital collection of Pokemon cards on a mobile device sounds awesome. The idea of the immersive art was really cool, but my boyfriend pointed out that animated card art would be perfect for the Pokemon TCG and that's something I really want out of it. I'm not super into the idea of having it as an app for deckbuilding or battling because TCG Live already exists and I'd rather play that, but I'm glad it's something that exists.

I enjoyed the announcement of Legends Z-A. I think it's really funny that so many people were hoping for BW remakes/sequels or Johto games and we ended up getting Kalos of all things instead. The idea of a more urban Legends game is very exciting to me and XY has a lot of lore in it that's gone unexplored, so I think it'll be a worthy entry in the series on that front. I'm very glad we haven't gotten a mainline announcement for 2024.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • It's cool that turns out the game that's gonna come out is something that probably no one saw coming, but… only next year?

So what is going to be the main series release for this year?

Unless they are actually… going to skip a year this time? I'm unsure about how this is gonna go down. I'm not complaining about that by the

EDIT: At this point I feel this new Legends game is possibly releasing that late because it was meant to be on the Switch's successor, which is rumoured to have been delayed.

And in other news, yes, it's rumoured that the Switch's successor is delayed. This year has a very high chance of being a very bad year for gaming if that truly is the case…

Last edited:

Descendng

actual real Sableye. trust me.
    Years
  • I went in a little anxious but came out pretty satisfied. definitely wasn't expecting Kalos of all things but I'm definitely not complaining, and the 2025 release date also gives me some more hope that they're starting to ease off the gas and put a bit more time and thoroughness into this one.
    definitely looking forward to figuring out what they plan on doing with this release. I think I'm most excited about potentially getting more info on AZ and Zygarde, because there was just so little to go off of aside from the one major exposition dump in the main story of XY. those games REALLY got shafted in the story department and I'm really curious how they'll expand on it.
    Legends ZA seemingly takes place in the future as well, given the whole "Lumiose Redevelopment Plan" thing, which is neat to know that the Legends games aren't just limited to taking place in the past (which I wouldn't mind per se, but it's cool to subvert expectations in that way). though I am curious how close in proximity it will be to the main events of XY.

also, I would die for sleeping Raikou. so, SO cute.

Last edited:
    Days
  • Getting Ceruledge-Armarouge is too less in my opinion for Pokémon GO, but its just collaboration event. Although the season will start in 2-3 days then there will more announcements officially.

Legends: Z-A is fun, as mega evolution is teased to return. It was Kalos where Mega Evolution ran, and now again it's Kalos where this system will/might get rerun. Though idea is great, but I wished to see an open world, unlike that modern looks. But Kalos itself is considered modern, so I should restrain myself from complaining on it.

Pokémon Sleep is not done by me, so no idea there.

Pokémon TCG Pocket is nice, although it seems to be a gacha game, like Fire Emblem Heroes. But I hope it gets a support. Is it made to counter Yugi-Oh but with Pokémon lore ? If yes, then I am happy, because I don't like to see human characters in game that much....

I remember that there was a game called Pokémon Duel. It was really strategical and fun, but I guess people didn't want simple and tactical things.

Another good thing that they didn't released new generation this time. Scarlet/Violet didn't appealed much to me, as it was like Digimon. Hope that The Pokémon Company releases a better theme for gen-X.....

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Eh.

Tera Raids, Cafe Remix, Unite, Sleep, Go, Masters: Not interested. Will beat the Tera Raids once.

Pokemon Trading Card Game Pocket: Sees no single player option. Zero interest, same as the other recent TCG games. Likes the card art ideas, if nothing else.

Legends Z-A: Appreciates this existing. Really failed to explain Zygarde's existence in X/Y. Plopped it down at the bottom of some random cave. Hopefully expands on it.

Admits not being very excited, however. Never got Legends: Arceus. Looked like a big catching minigame with extra steps (crafting).

Slated it for 2025, also. Does not object. Breaks the usual schedule, however, short of a new game getting announced later this year for November. Could be a Switch 2 game, as PageEmp surmised.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • On the one hand... I'm glad they got through their dumb mobile stuff as quickly as possible. On the other hand... I don't really understand wtf they are doing.

I mean don't get me wrong okay? I'll take another Legends title. But I wasn't expecting Legends Kalos of all things. Plus Megas? If they are back... then great I love that. Megas are still my favorite generational gimmick to this day. But are there news ones? Are we still getting forms like we did in Legends Arceus? Too many questions with no answers.

Are they taking the year off because of Switch 2? Or do they still have something to announce? Why are they taking the year off? Did all of the whining and complaining actually get to them? They don't have an incentive to change so why did that get to them and get them to do this?

But hey... if it'll get the whiners and the complainers to STFU then that's a plus. I guess. I'm just really god damn confused and have several questions which I'll never get answers for. That's all.

SteCisGreendog

Iron Armour Forever
    Years
  • Usually nothing I want, needed or asked for is revealed by these things, except for that one final bread crumb they toss at the very end. Sorta predictable, sorta isn't.

PageEmp

Years
  • Oh and I did forget to mention previously that I am interested in the trading card game thing. At this point it seems to be true that there isn't gonna be a main series game for this year, and instead a possibly option for my yearly 'nuzlocke the latest Pokemon game'.

It all depends on how that thing's gonna work, but hopefully if it's all random cards from anything I'll just hack in the mon into a base game (which I still haven't decided) and if it's anything form the latest 2 generations I use a similar mon instead.

And I see many others also chimed in on the idea that the Legends game is next year because it could be on the new Switch which possibly really is delayed at this point.

Setsuna

♡ Setsuna Scarlet Storm!!
    Years
  • Megas are still my favorite generational gimmick to this day. But are there news ones? Are we still getting forms like we did in Legends Arceus? Too many questions with no answers.

But hey... if it'll get the whiners and the complainers to STFU then that's a plus. I guess. I'm just really god damn confused and have several questions which I'll never get answers for. That's all.

Well it isn't like we'll never get the answers for them, the announcement trailer we got today didn't really give much information. As development continues I'm sure we'll continue to get more information, have new Pokemon or any potential new Megas revealed every so often, and new questions and answers will come up over time. There isn't much to go on right now but I like to think we've always received our answers.

And I see many others also chimed in on the idea that the Legends game is next year because it could be on the new Switch which possibly really is delayed at this point.

I'm very curious about what this game is really going to release on as well. In the trailer it's shown as a Switch game at the beginning and end, but the 2025 release date makes me wonder if it'll either start development on the Switch and potentially be shifted to the next console in order to sell that one, or if it'll be a situation like Breath of the Wild where we'll get it on both.
    It could just be that the console was delayed, we're only getting this game for the Switch, and I'm just running my head in circles, but it is a really interesting question.

Lysander

girl power ftw
    Years
  • Had no real interest in anything revealed until it came to Legends Z-A at the end.

Glad they're taking their time with it and waiting until next year to release it rather than rushing it out for Christmas. I loved Legends Arceus and much prefer getting another Legends game over an ILCA remake of Unova or Let's Go Johto. Seen some people freaking out over the possibility of the entire game taking place in Lumiose City, but there are plenty of games based entirely in cities that are more than good enough.

Might do the Venusaur and Blastoise tera raids if I feel up to it, but probably won't bother with the Charizard one as its just the return of a raid I've already beaten numerous times.

Years
    • Age 28
    • he/him
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    There was a couple of things that got me, I do enjoy some of the mobile games and the upcoming Unite Pokémon look cool!

It's also about time they had their own TCG game on mobile devices, I'll be getting that as soon as it's out.

Legends Z-A sounds super interesting too, I'm happy as well it's not launching this year, gives more time to ScVi which are genuinely entertaining for me, all while giving a longer pre-game season of speculation which I am looking forward to

Years
  • Looking forward to Legends: Z-A, but I actually am a bit interested in the new TCG Online app too? So I may give that a try once it's out. Otherwise nothing much for me :sadwick:

PageEmp

Years
  • but I actually am a bit interested in the new TCG Online app too? So I may give that a try once it's out. Otherwise nothing much for me :sadwick:
    I am beyond curious to know how that trading card game app is gonna work. Like, is it random cards across the entire franchise and all generations? Or is there only a select set of mons? If there really isn't a main series game this year, then that's the thing I'm excited for at this time.

If it works like how I'm expecting where it's a large selection of mons or possibly everything, I'll do a 'nuzlocke' of it where I Pkhex the mons of the cards I get into a base game of another game and try to play around with it.

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
  • I don't know about the whole Presents. It aired during work, so I just searched for summaries of what was announced later. The Legends announcement was enough to make me happy! I wasn't confident they'd make a series of Legends, but I was hoping. And then they make one for Kalos (or just Lumiose, I guess) which is my favorite region! I don't really know where they're going with it, as it seems very different from Legends Arceus, which is a disappointment, but we'll see.

Back