• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Thread excerpts

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Summary:

Setting a thread excerpt works fine, but there doesn't seem to be a way to delete it. Clicking it from the index does nothing, as opposed to the convenience of clicking the last post excerpt and getting taken to the last post in the thread. I'd like for the excerpt to lead you to the last post too, just like clicking the thread title should lead you to the OP imo.

Bug Type:

Usability

Steps to Reproduce:

Edit a thread. Type out a thread excerpt. Save (with the round blue button with the white checkmark). Edit the thread again, and erase the thread excerpt and save. The excerpt is still there and wasn't erased at all.

Reproducibility:

Always

Expected Results:

I expect there to be a way to revert to showing the last post, and erase the thread excerpt text. Alternatively, the thread excerpt should also be a link to the last post in the thread, so that it has the same functionality as the last post excerpt in that sense.

Actual Results:

Thread excerpt isn't possible to erase, and it isn't linking to anything.

Device Configuration:

Updated Macbook 2016, Google Chrome.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Not linking to the last post is intentional; manually setting an excerpt is limited to moderators and should probably be limited in use, as well.
    Ah, I didn't know that.

Still, if an error or update to the thread is made, it's good if it's possible for mods to edit it right?

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I still think it should have the link also, unless you add another button for jumping straight to the last post of a thread. It's what people are used to and would like to be able to do. At least I.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    fwiw the blue dot goes to all the new posts since you last looked
    From what I've heard and from what I experience myself, that's not a functionality that's much sought after. Don't people normally want to jump to the newest post alltogether, or the start of the thread? Those two, but not somewhere in the middle of a thread like this blue button would. Also it's not exactly clear that the blue thing will lead you there anyways.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
    Actually I use that function about literally all the time. I do have to agree though that the blue dot's function isn't evidently clear, it took me a while to figure it out.

Back