• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Gen 1] Through Generations - Season 1 - Beginning Mess

Years
  • As what you hopefully understood from the title, this thread will be a first of potentially many documenting my journeys (re)playing each generation of Pokémon. This will hopefully go up to Gen 7, which then it will most likely stop unless something happens, due to the fact that I currently don't have a Switch and don't plan to get one anytime soon.
    If you're wondering why I'm doing this at all, well... let's just say that I'm really bored and recent days have been quite the absolute nothing burgers, so passing the time with something can't be a bad idea... right?

Anyways, before I start talking about the generation itself, I should mention I gave myself at least two rules for this series. There might be more down the line but I have at least these two for now:
    Code:
    Rule 1. I have to play at least one game per region per generation.
    This rule means that the minimum amount of games I have to play depends on how many regions are in each generation, including remakes of course.
    For example, this means I only *have* to play one game for Generation 1 and 2, but for Generation 3, I have to play two games, since there's both Hoenn and Kanto in that generation. (This rule does not stop me from playing more than one game per region if I want to, but those will just count as extra/unnecessary playthroughs.)

Code:
    Rule 2. I can not (ab)use (game breaking) glitches until I beat the game.
    This rule is quite obvious, basically I can't break the game until I have beaten the Champion (or in the case of the Johto games, Red).
    In this case though, I am allowed to use smaller glitches if I want to, especially in the earlier gens, like the Badge Boost Glitch for example.

I may change or put more rules as I go with the series, but I think these two are fine for now.

Ok, with all that out of the way, I can start actually talking about the generation. I hope this is not a controversial opinion to have, but Generation 1 kinda blows. Outside of completely destroying it, or maybe competitive battling, there really isn't any reason to specifically enjoy about Gen 1 that couldn't also be experienced in FRLG or even LGPE, but I suppose it would be wrong for me just to skip it for this.
    Anyways, as not only the game I will be playing for this thread, but the first one in this series, it will be...!

Through Generations - Season 1 - Beginning Mess

(I have always preferred it over Pokémon Red, and no, I will not be answering why as that isn't needed.)

The journey will begin on the next post here!

Years
  • Episode 1: The Start of an Adventure

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
  • Episode 2: Viridian Challenges and Brock!

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Back