• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Timeless Masterpieces

Years
  • It definitely would've benefited from more time, they rushed through story arcs that could've been interesting if they had even the slightest build up to actually give them some impact. The final episode was great though and the main pairing was done pretty well, despite my dissatisfaction with most of the other content.

TK was godlike.

Raven Valt

You gave me power in your gods name.
    Years
  • For me it'd have to be the three anime which got me into anime in the first place,

Highschool of the dead, Death Note and Blue Exorcist.

If it wasn't for those animes I would never have watched any other and I can go back and rewatch them as many times as I want and not get bored, yes there are things you can find wrong in them but for me they're all legends.

Years
  • The Tatami Galay - One of the series that are closest to being a masterpiece. Overall brilliant work.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure - A great shounen with a HUGE legacy, at least in Japan!

Satoshi Kon's work - This man was a genius, all of his movies are classics.

Neon Genesis Evangelion - It was already mentioned, but I just had to.

Ghost in the Shell and Akira - Classics in both as movies and as Sci-Fi.

Legend of the Galactic Heroes - I still haven't watched it, but from what I know this is basically God's gift.

PiGreat

「KILLER QUEEN」! I'll blow you to smithereens!
    Years
  • Neon Genesis Evangelion - For all of the reasons mentioned in this thread. It's spectacular in more or less every way.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure - The art is gorgeous, the story isn't half bad, and it does all of that while being utterly ridiculous. The anime hasn't truly touched on the 'Bizarre' part yet, but it's pretty much a 1:1 adaption of the manga, so I'm gonna go ahead and recommend you watch the anime and then continue Parts 4+ of the manga.

Clannad/Clannad After Story - I'm gonna be honest here: the first season of the anime is kind of a mess, in large part due to the fact that it attempts to tell multiple VN routes at the same time and ends up being weird and harem-ish. With that in mind, I'd recommend the VN over the anime. That being said, After Story's adaption was fantastic and I actually preferred it to the AS route of the VN. It tore my heart to pieces. In short - the first arc's adaption kinda sucks, but After Story more than makes up for it. Whew, that came out longer than I expected.

Puella Magi Madoka Magica - gorgeous anime with (excellent characters, a great soundtrack and an awesome story. Personally, though, I hated the 'epilogue' movie (Rebellion) since I felt it tarnished the original ending, but I'm apparently in the minority with that. It's not like my opinion is gospel or anything. Still, I'll go ahead and say Rebellion is optional, and if you thought the original ending was perfect (as I did) you can give it a miss if you like.

Years
  • I've watched a lot of anime over the years and there's only one I can think of right now and that is Cowboy Bebop, because it has already stood the test of time. Maybe a decade later, I'll add some anime from the 2000s and 2010s to the list.

Back