• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Times have changed!

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2015
    Until fairly recently, I hadn't played a pokemon game since Gold/Silver way back in early '00s (it doesn't seem like that long!). A buddy clued me in to playing them using modern tech on a crazy nostalgia binge, and I'm hooked again. Made the plunge to buy the new version and it's amazing how different everything is! So, yeah, looking forward to exploring stuff here, and really intrigued by the challenge area.

pkmin3033

Welcome to PC! It's a pleasure to have you here, and I hope you enjoy your stay with us!

It's pretty scary just how long ago the new millennium was...it's not so new anymore, is it? I have to admit, it doesn't seem like that long to me that I was queueing excitedly in Toys R' Us waiting for my copy of Pokemon Silve either. It's a great time to get back into the franchise, with ORAS coming out later this month, so you'll get the chance to experience an updated version of the third gen if you're of a mind to give it a go! A lot has changed between now and then, but most of it is for the better I think. How did you find X/Y?

Guessing you've never tried a challenge before? Me neither actually, but they look like great ways to make Pokemon games a little trickier and more interesting to play! I don't think they've gotten any easier with time, but as you get older, stuff that seemed pretty hard isn't quite so difficult anymore, right? There are plenty of different challenges to pick from in there, so go for it if you're interested!

If you ever want to chat, feel free to drop me a VM anytime. I look forward to seeing you around on the forums~

Xela

Do you believe in yourself?
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2024
    Hey there Spud! Welcome to PokéCommunity!

It's great to see that you're enjoying Pokémon again after all those years! With ORAS coming out very, very soon (the hype is real on the forums) it's a perfect time for you come back! How's XY like? I bet the 3D Pokémon battles are awesome, aren't they? That's at least what made it so enjoyable for me despite some of it being a bit lacking, also customizable clothes~ Oh and as for challenges, they're fun! It helps with the replay value of the games and can really put a spin on how you play the game. Feel free to drop by the Challenges section and participate.

I hope you enjoy your stay! Always glad to have old Pokéfans around. Go ahead and VM me if there's anything you'd like to talk about. c:

Yeah, Pokemon certainly is very different now, of course in a good way. It's awesome seeing how much the franchise has grown since its introduction. Welcome to the forum, Spud! Take a cookie for joining.

So did you buy OR/AS or are you planning to? Or was that what you were referring to when you said "new version"? I'm assuming X/Y but still curious. Either way X/Y are amazing and OR/AS will definitely be just as good if not better so anyone who buys them is in for a lot of fun. ♥ You can discuss the games here as well as trade and battle so there's never a shortage of things to do. [:

Have an amazing time and hope we'll be seeing you a lot. Can't ever have too many Pokemon fans on the awesome forum that is PC. Let me know if you ever want to chat. :D

Indigo

The Novelist from Panju
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2019
    Until fairly recently, I hadn't played a pokemon game since Gold/Silver way back in early '00s (it doesn't seem like that long!). A buddy clued me in to playing them using modern tech on a crazy nostalgia binge, and I'm hooked again. Made the plunge to buy the new version and it's amazing how different everything is! So, yeah, looking forward to exploring stuff here, and really intrigued by the challenge area.
    Pokemon has come a long way! I used to be like you, after BW i took a little break. I came back and played xy and it was great! Anyways, welcome to PC!

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
    Ah yeah, pokemon has definitely changed over the years, I guess as we grow up, the pokemon series does too, y'know? Still though, I'll always remember that first copy of Pokemon Yellow, and yeah, Pokemon Gold/Silver too! But i'm glad that you're having fun with the new games; the remakes of Gen 3 are around the corner too, so, I hope you'll have a look out for them too! C:

Well then, and I hope you'll enjoy the game! It's gonna be awesome to see what they've done with Hoenn, in which I hear that everything is pretty amazing looking, from the graphics to the music, all seems quite wonderful! Mmm, and I hope you'll be as active as you can be here, since we've got loads of boards here that will satisfy your desire to discuss them, anytime you please! <33

It's been nice meeting you, and have a wonderful time! Lemme know if you need anything, and I'll be glad to assist! And have a great night, bud! <33

Years
    Like the others said, Pokemon surely has changed a lot. Anyways, welcome to the forums Spud!

I can pretty much assume you are hyped for Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire given you want to get back into the games, and I know pretty much how many are excited for the new games. There is a lot you can discuss here so hopefully there's something that catches your eye.

Well, enjoy your stay with us and don't hesitate to shoot a message whenever you want to talk! I'm always open for a good conversation or two. See you for now!

- Hikamaru

Back