• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tips for starting a Pokémon fan game

Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2024
    I have had an interest in creating a Pokémon fan game for a while after playing Pokémon Uranium and other fan games. I am currently working on a fan game project, but it is in a very early stage where the only things I have figured out so far are the Fakémon's types, stats, and signature moves.

I wanted to ask what your process is for designing a Fakémon is? What beginner tips do you have for trying to craft a Fakémon region?

I have some designs I have already made, mainly the starter trio I named Mangopup (left), Embird (middle), and Pugaplat (right).
    Mangopup.png Embird.pngPugaplat.png

I have also created regional variants for Sceptile (Grass/Flying), Incineroar (Fire/Ice), and Blastoise (Water/Fighting)
    Teveran_Sceptile (2).pngTeveran_Incineroar (1).pngTeveran_Blastoise (2).png

Back