• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tom Brady Out For Season!!!!

SpartanPatriot

It was fun....goodbye.
    Years
    For any football fans out there (hopefully a couple of you out there XD) Tom Brady is gone for the whole season with a torn ligament. Now Matt Cassell takes over :O. /Discuss

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Sports threads go in Other Entertainment. I'll move it off there.

Metatron

No guts, no glory
    Years
    Yeah, I heard about that too...

If he's out with injuries for the full season, then we're screwed :'D

Master Jecht

Hmmm..
    Years
    yay i was up against him in fantasy football so i won!

But anyways that sucks for the patriots. They were super bowl favorites again and lost there leader.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    Devastating, really. There goes the MVP. Who would've thought, week one, one of the best quarterbacks goes down, and out for the season. But you know, not all is lost. We still won with our defense in that game, and Cassell did well. However, our sheer intimidation with Brady at the lead, our force, our "here goes the comeback," the fear... is gone.

You know what's interesting though? They told Chris Simms and Tim Rattay to come in to work out and probably get signed. Although once they arrived, the Patriots said their services were no longer needed. Could this mean a trade is in the works, the mystery of the Pats only dives deeper.

SpartanPatriot

It was fun....goodbye.
    Years
    I was insanely worried at first but then I remembered we have Bill Belicheck (spelling lol). all is not lost :P

Vince Young also went down with injury.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    True, it's not over till week 17's fat lady sings.

And also, hasn't this happened before? (To a much lesser extent and impact, but...) Drew Bledsoe injury anybody? Look at what that turned into. No, I'm not saying Matt Cassell or Kevin O'Connell is the next Brady. But you never know, this is the National Football League, anything can happen on any given Sunday. (Although people said O'Connell was a sleeper, quite possibly the next 5-7 pick story.)

And the interesting thing is, we drafted him in the third round. People back then thought we were insane for selecting a Quarterback so high, guess they're not laughing at us now. ;D

Cassell hasn't been a starter since High School, next week, it's his time to shine. After a life of being a back up. (To Carson Palmer, Matt Leinart, Tom Brady) It's his stage, and I hope he surprises everybody. (Against Brett the Jet) Because you know what? All of a sudden the Patriots are underdogs in games. Who loves that? Bill does, along with the entire team.

This injury changes the Patriots. We'll be more conservative; running, focus on defense, etc. We'll see how things work out in week two. But nevertheless, things have been greatly altered, along with the powerhouses of the AFC.

SpartanPatriot

It was fun....goodbye.
    Years
    And also, hasn't this happened before? (To a much lesser extent and impact, but...) Drew Bledsoe injury anybody? Look at what that turned into. No, I'm not saying Matt Cassell or Kevin O'Connell is the next Brady. But you never know, this is the National Football League, anything can happen on any given Sunday. (Although people said O'Connell was a sleeper, quite possibly the next 5-7 pick story.)

And the interesting thing is, we drafted him in the third round. People back then thought we were insane for selecting a Quarterback so high, guess they're not laughing at us now. ;D

Cassell hasn't been a starter since High School, next week, it's his time to shine. After a life of being a back up. (To Carson Palmer, Matt Leinart, Tom Brady) It's his stage, and I hope he surprises everybody. (Against Brett the Jet) Because you know what? All of a sudden the Patriots are underdogs in games. Who loves that? Bill does, along with the entire team.

This injury changes the Patriots. We'll be more conservative; running, focus on defense, etc. We'll see how things work out in week two. But nevertheless, things have been greatly altered, along with the powerhouses of the AFC.

Fantastic point. I hope that this is possible :P That would be sweet.

Also, the Pats sent both Chris Sims and the other potential qb back hone. Bill Belicheck has something up his sleeve. Yay! :) Hopefully some type of trade for an unhappy QB to come to new england. Matt Cassell will fair well because he still has some of the best reveivers in the game, a pro-bowl line and the defense is good.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    New England Patriots Out For Season!!!!

Unless Sam Cassell is the next Tom Brady or Kurt Warner, but that's a pretty slim chance. I think they'll be decent but their Super Bowl hopes are quite obviously finished.

IMO the real problem about this injury is that it pushes things back another year, and that team is getting really old. This could be devastating long-term too. Only time will tell.

SpartanPatriot

It was fun....goodbye.
    Years
    This actually makes me REALLY annoyed.
    I had him on my Fantasy Football team...
    Now I have to use Delhomme :(

Delhomme actually did pretty good in his first game. Last second win. My team is going to suck because I had both Brady and Young. (Young got hurt!)

New England Patriots Out For Season!!!!

Unless Sam Cassell is the next Tom Brady or Kurt Warner, but that's a pretty slim chance. I think they'll be decent but their Super Bowl hopes are quite obviously finished.

IMO the real problem about this injury is that it pushes things back another year, and that team is getting really old. This could be devastating long-term too. Only time will tell.

I know what you are talking about. Matt Cassell, not Sam Cassell. lol, you got the basketball player and football player mixed up (understandable).

The only thing I look forward to is an early draft pick next year.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    Maybe now the AFC East will be open to the other teams (i.e. Bills, Jets, and Dolphins) besides the Pats. They've been monopolizing it for years now.

Keitaro

Urashima
    Years
    As a Bills fan this is great news football wise. I still think the Patsies will make the playoffs based their team as a whole I mean Brady is just one player; a really good one, but just one. Perhaps if they have 17 players on IR like my Bills did last season then you could start saying the Patsies have no shot but realistically they're still a juggernaught of a team. All that has happened is they have been brought back down to earth and their fans will have to get use to what an incomplete pass looks like is all.

Sucks for my fantasy team, I took Moss & Brady in first two rounds of the draft, but like I said as a Bills fan I'm as happy as ever although as a human being I wish him the best for his surgery.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    I'm still in NBA mode lol

I wouldn't count the Patriots out of the playoff picture though. The Jets are really hit or miss and the Dolphins...rofl

The only team that really looked good in their division was the Bills. Otherwise, I think the Pats should get into the playoffs though I doubt they get anywhere past there.

I think the Colts will win the AFC this year. They looked bad but eh, most of what happened was pretty much offensive breakdown galore, and that simply isn't going to happen to Manning all season. Interesting start to the year for sure...

btw if not the Colts then definitely the Steelers. The Texans kinda blow but they didn't look half bad, and their main competition has been demolished thanks to Brady's injury. Interesting...

Back