• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Top 9 RPGs (Grid format)

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    Optional: use this template to make your own grid of 9 RPGs. You might want to resize it to about 600x600 so it isn't so large.

List your top 9 RPGs (or post image) and talk about why they are your favorites. Whether it was first or lasting impressions, soundtrack, gameplay, etc.

J8CLlGW.jpg

Tales of Berseria - This game blew me away. It was my first ever Tales game and I fell in love with it from the opening. The story really got me hooked from the prologue. I love the combat system, it feels very customizable.

Atelier Ayesha - The Atelier games looked pretty interesting for being more laid back so I gave this game a shot. It's a very beautiful game and has a lot of charm. The soundtrack is amazing too.

Pok?mon Sun - I was pretty excited for this game when it was released. It's probably one of the best modern Pok?mon games out there. The story was brilliant and left me in tears by the end credits. The new Pok?mon may be very slow but they're also very unique and I like them.

Fire Emblem Awakening - I absolutely ADORE this game. I never teared up as much as I did over a game's story than this one. Very memorable touching and heartbreaking moments. Godly soundtrack and although it may not have the best gameplay in the FE series, I still enjoy it a lot. The characters are amazing too. I also love the freedom of changing classes for skills for each character.

Pok?mon Sapphire - My favorite video game of all time. My first ever Pok?mon video game. The soundtrack is amazing, the visuals look stunning for GBA with very interesting towns and cities and weather effects. The first game to introduce natures and abilities and introducing my favorite battle format, double battles. I can't even count the amount of times I replayed this game. I remember challenging the Elite Four as a kid and hearing their battle theme left such an intimidating impression on me. Blaziken is also my favorite Pok?mon of all time which is fitting since Torchic was my first starter.

Megadimension Neptunia VII - A very unique game. A parody of video games and anime with moe personifications of game consoles. I was just expecting to get a good laugh but what I found was an awesome battle system and a charming story. The soundtrack was impressive too. Without any kind of intention, I selected a special attack to use against the final boss and as the animation started up, the final boss theme kicked into a beautiful rhythm that synced with the attack perfectly. I was speechless when that happened lol. I'm a sucker for good timing.

Nights of Azure - Sure the game is pretty low budget with a lot of typos and the gameplay was pretty simple but I still liked it. It was an interesting lesbian story of a couple I actually cared about. I felt invested in saving Lilysse so that her and Arnice could be happy together. The music really got my blood pumping and the transformations and Servans added a nice depth to the simple light & heavy attack combo system.

Final Fantasy X HD - My first FF was XIII and I'm one of the few that actually enjoyed it. Although FFX's cutscenes are more dated and kinda awkward, I still enjoy that classic PS2 RPG charm. The characters are interesting and their interactions are funny. It has that old school turn based system that I love. The visuals also look amazing with the PS4 remaster and the updated soundtrack is good too.

Digimon Story Cybersleuth - It feels like a Pok?mon game with Digimon instead. Oh and it's got some detective elements to it too lol. But seriously, a Pok?mon style Digimon game is enough for me to love this game. I love being able to use some of my childhood favorites like Garurumon and Renamon.

Last edited:
    Back