• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Touhou Puppet Play Enhanced (Reloaded) (Version 6.8C Released)

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
Years
  • Double post? Perhaps. But I do have an update on 6.1's development.

I've been far too lazy, admittedly. But I did get something done that I needed to for the longest time.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2021
    I've been trying to find out how this bug works for a long time, and I still don't know what the cause of it is. I'm sorry. If it makes you feel better, it usually does come back by the time you reach Azalea Town.

All good, it fixed just as you said. Sorry for the late reply. I'm loving your work.

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2023
    Hey, so I've been trying to get the newer version, but when i patched the game to an Emerald File, I just get a white screen. Am I using the wrong rom?

Zeta Sukuna

Years
  • Yeah, you need to use (U)(Squirrels) for this hack. Last I checked, it should be able to patch just fine. Other roms might work, but that one's the one I used for this.

And since I'm here, I have developed some more of the training facility and have planned out some minor events. So it's coming along more than I expected, so that's nice.

Zeta Sukuna

Years
  • You can only buy shards in Johto. In Kanto they are a bit rarer, and are mostly just dotted around the region. Depending on how I feel, 6.1 might have one more of each in either later Kanto or in the first three Sevii Islands.

Also, an update. Unless something majorly messed up, when you black out in Johto, you should now go to the last center you healed at. If you lose to Morty, but healed in Ecruteak, you should return to the Ecruteak center.

The training center is also partially finished. The mapping, one fight, and most of the NPCs are done, I've just been super lazy about finishing it off.

I haven't even started on the dungeon yet, but that should be soon.

A few other things have been written down that I'll be implementing after the other stuff I just mentioned.

Zeta Sukuna

Years
  • I've done a surprising amount over the past few days, and I've come to realize something.

This game really can't hold much more, so my thoughts on 7.0 might not exactly be able to come true. So, if you were looking forward to an expanded Sevii Islands, then I'm afraid that you're out of luck. (Like me. I wanted to do them.)

But even outside of that, truth be told, I'm honestly surprised that I've gotten as much support as I have throughout this. Support that actually helped development. This hack would be worse if not for the (admittedly more recent) feedback, and I'm honestly super happy that it happened.

Perhaps it won't ever be 'popular', but the fact that as many people noticed it as they did is still surprisingly encouraging, and has in part fueled development.

This whole post won't be a bunch of sappy nonsense, I do have a few things to tell you about 6.1 now. I just wanted to get all of that out first, and say that more than likely this'll be the last major content update to the hack. I might tweak some things, I might rebalance some things, but don't expect something like a new dungeon, or new routes. Much as I'd like to add them, there just isn't much ability to continue on.

For the actual news, though. Spoilered to not bloat the page even more.
    Spoiler:

Thank you for reading this post, and I hope 6.1 doesn't disappoint when it comes out. Hopefully I'll have it by the end of the year, but if not, then it should be early 2021.

Back