• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Touhou Puppet Play Enhanced (Reloaded) (Version 6.8C Released)

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2024
    Ah, good to know, thanks!

Also looks like you can release the eggs no problem, thank goodness for that.

Years
  • Also looks like you can release the eggs no problem, thank goodness for that.
    Sounds like my puppet in 6.8A.
    From what I remember, I was in the PC/Move option and used the Withdraw/Deposit sub-options to mass move all the puppets from Box2 to Box5. I had caught all the puppets I could find in the wild up to that point so the boxes were filling up, and I wanted an options box2 apart from my active box1.
    Later, I went to check my new puppets and noticed the image-less puppet and released it.

Edit:
    With the release of 6.9, I can't peek at the IVs/EVs using save editors of old puppets. It might be caused by new puppets.
    I suggest 2 signs or 2 NPCs be added to Viridian City Boneka center. You can have 1 on the left side for EVs and 1 of the right side for IVs.
    Interacting with them would just have them spit out your first puppets IVs/EVs in 2 lines (1 dialog box). Example (without {} sections of course):
    0 31 20 {HP Atk Def; alt.1 HP Atk Def; alt.2 Atk Def HP}
    1 23 30 {SAtk SDef Spd; alt.1 Spd SAtk SDef; alt.2 SAtk SDef Spd}
    I don't know if you can color code text. If you can't, just throw in a readme.txt that explains the stat order.

Edit2:
    Is Inner Power for Reason or Dream?
    Inner Power: Ups Reason moves/pinch.
    Meiling (Dream-type) has it and can't even learn Psycho Cut via TM.

Edit3: Removed misleading guess.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I'm a little confused then..
    I used the 6.9 that does not have "(Test) - 2" on the end.
    I already completed Koga and none of my puppets have corrupted yet this time.
    Sometime later I'll copy my save and try to recreate the PC/Move/(Withdraw|Deposit) and see if it causes image-less puppets.

The new puppets look cute.

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
  • I suppose I got confused, too. Aight, putting it back up, but also keeping up 6.8A1 as well because it'll be nice to have a relatively solid version up without those bugs and a lack of Fairy.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2024
    Nice, I'm still slowly working my way through Johto on 6.8A. Also, since Cinfest hasn't really updated his Touhoudex for Johto, I'm recording that data down too. My dex is still lacking a lot of info compared to his but I dare say my location info is more complete haha. Makes for slow work though.

Zeta Sukuna

Years
  • A surprise honestly came to me this morning, all things considered, and it has actually prompted yet another update, for both v6.8A and v6.9-b, as for now, I'm still attempting to support both to some extent.

While they said they are fine with being uncredited, this was still a massive amount of work for them to put into it, so I feel they should get the credit for this. Much like Cinfest before, someone else has decided to do their own documentation process, using Cinfest's as a base. It does not have the learnsets for the boneka, but it does have quite a bit of information on it, including stuff such as location data, a very basic walkthrough, information on the new boneka for 6.9, and honestly quite a bit more.

I was speechless when I saw these. I'm still astonished someone wants to do this for my hack. This in combination with Cinfest's document should allow most information from this hack to be gleaned.

A huge shoutout to KAnon2020 for the two documents in the spoiler. Keep in mind, however, that the two are not entirely made equally, the 6.9 version does have a better party builder UI, and that in itself is a massive holy shit to me. Either version does work well for the version you're using, however, I feel.

Spoiler:

And below are v6.8A2 and 6.9-b3.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Zeta Sukuna

Years
  • @Cinfest: You'll need the pokeroms ini that's in the folder to access 6.9 in Gen 3 Suite. When it asks for the amount of pokemon, it's 460, as far as I remember. If it's not, then it's in the 460s somewhere.

Cinfest

LUNATIC
    Years
  • Ah, great. Thanks Zeta :)

Edit: Started adding the 6.9 puppet data to the sheet, and also put in a quick and messy fast look-up for weaknesses and resistances of each puppet. Making a big ol' team matrix is out of the question, since this is a public sheet and all.

Double edit: Turns out only editors can use the drop down for the type look-up, which would mean making the whole thing publicly editable. Sorry folks, you'll have to make your own.

Triple edit!: All the new puppets have been added.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    Will trading and link battle be implemented on the future or I just missed them on my gameplay since I haven't seen a single pc with second flr

Cinfest

LUNATIC
    Years
  • Finally added attack and ability information to the dex. Some of it is guesswork from the descriptions, because the editor I'm using doesn't always tell me what the actual mechanics are. As always, oddities have been highlighted and/or noted.

The quick look-up for type effectiveness now includes ability modifiers, and the sheet can now be downloaded so you can actually use that if you really want to.

Years
  • For those interested in EV grinding spots:
    Spoiler:

Finally added attack and ability information to the dex. Some of it is guesswork from the descriptions, because the editor I'm using doesn't always tell me what the actual mechanics are. As always, oddities have been highlighted and/or noted.

The quick look-up for type effectiveness now includes ability modifiers, and the sheet can now be downloaded so you can actually use that if you really want to.
    Nice hustle-Good job. I can make a copy now!

Time to sleep now.. z_z

Last edited:

Zeta Sukuna

Years
  • Well, unfortunately I do not believe 6.9, as it is, is possible. I attempted to fix some of the bugs that got reported for it, and somehow that made things far worse, and by far worse, I mean Completely Unplayable. I will admit defeat on what I did for it. That being said, I will still support 6.8A in the future.

I apologize for the difficulties that it had, and for wasting your time on such a slapdash and poorly implemented project to a hack that, in all honesty, didn't need it. I will attempt to do better in the future, if I attempt to do this once more.

Cinfest

LUNATIC
    Years
  • That's a shame, Zeta. Hopefully, if you do choose to come back to it, you can get it to work better.

With this in mind, however... I'm going to make a fork of the dex. The current 6.9 version will be left here, and probably not touched again. The main document will be edited back to 6.8A2 to minimise confusion.

Zeta Sukuna

Years
  • https://www.mediafire.com/file/6p5x..._Play_Enhanced_%28Reloaded%29_v6.8A3.rar/file (Version 6.8A3 release!

Incredibly late on this one, but upon checking, an event I swore I fixed decided to unfix itself. HOPEFULLY IT STAYS FIXED. If not, then I'm going to cry. It's not something you'll need to completely restart for, in any case.

It's the Old Lady in the Johto Victory Road again. Once again, they shared the same event number with one of the item balls in the same room. That should be all that's fixed, unless I also fixed a few text lines in this version that I don't remember.

In other news, while it will get a thread of its own when it is done, I might as well admit what my new project is.

Initially, it was going to be another 1.8 project that used a port I decided to make, but before I got too far into that, I had another project in mind that I was in the middle of, and I didn't want to waste that project when I put so much work into it.

Since March, I've been working on it. What is it, you might ask?

Touhoumon Another World: Retold.

It will still be a 1.5 hack, but it is me effectively just delivering my take on Another World, with additional areas, events, fights, and just... a lot of content added in. While it is already massive and a good bit done, it is not in any shape to be released yet, nor would I release it on this thread.

Also Music will be fixed on it. Not graphics, I'd need someone else's help for that one.

I'm hoping to get a public beta up at some point this year, but who knows if I'll be able to do so. I promise, I'm not going to be adding things slapdash into it like I did with this project, I do have a general road of what I want to do and am not going to fully break from that.

Sorry for gushing on about a project unrelated to this, I just wanted people to know that I'm not gone from rom hacking.

EDIT: (8/16/2021) I made the patch from the wrong file, so it was broken. I am a complete and total idiot.

The download was replaced. If you had the problem, then please just redownload.

Last edited:

Lucifer-san

[i]Recently Revived Zombie[/i]
    Years
  • I've been waiting for this for a good long time, take your good time my man with your other project and I'm sure it'll be something really great. Thank you for the hard work on this project too, the effort put-in really shows as this is probably one of the few Touhoumon games that are being actively updated at this point let alone made and the amount of time you put in to make sure things work, especially when things have a tendency to break randomly, is appreciated.

Back